Turn that stack of business cards you've collect into detailed and searchable contacts in your address book.
If you go to a lot of tradeshows, do a lot of business development, networking and working with various clients, then you surely end up with a fat wad of business cards. Many of those contacts can end up being pretty important, yet get lost in the jumble of that aforementioned "wad".
Thanks to the technology of optical character recognition (OCR), you can scan cards and turn the information on them into searchable text. The algorithms developed by DYMO help organize that scanned numbers and letters into appropriate fields for Name, Title, Company, Phone, Email, and so on.
Instead of needing a stand alone hardware card scanner attached to your computer, DYMO offers up iPhone and Blackberry apps that allow the user to scan "scan" cards in with the devices' built in camera.
Review by: David Pragerhttp://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dymo-cardscan/id380339043?mt=8&uo=4
We accept more than 300,000 products from over 20 different electronics categories. Shipping is free on all items of value, and in most cases, they'll even send you a box to ship with. Also, for you green folks out there, Gazelle makes all their recycling partners adhere to some strict policies: no exports, no landfill policies, and tons of data security standards. Gazelle is a great way to get cash to upgrade to the latest iPhone or Andriod phone. Go to Gazelle to learn more.
With hundreds of apps to choose from for your iPhone, Android or whatever smartphone you may have, how do know what's worth the download? AppJudgment is your daily source for phone app reviews and previews.
Want the most recent episode of this show always up to date on your website? Use this self-updating embed code!
Version 1.0 | Developed by Newell Rubbermaid, Inc | 0.4 MB | $9.99
- You can throw collected business cards away
- Saves images of cards until you confirm the data is in the proper fields
- Auto justifies the images of your scans
- Manual process of holding the phone's camera steady over each card to be scanned
- Only exports to your iPhone contacts
- It's still a science project for the OCR (optical character recognition) and the algorithm identifying where information is supposed to go to work properly. You'll have to custom inspect each scan to make sure the information has been logged and recorded properly.