Cook With the Best Recipes from Top iPhone Apps!
The apps have arrived so it's time to get in the kitchen! If you're in danger of effing up, make sure you watch this roundup of recipe apps for the iPhone.
The art of cooking can be hit or miss, especially when you're learning about a whole world of ingredients. Lucky for you, the iPhone can pretty much help you do anything, including finding recipes and learning how to cook!
We review 3 apps for every day meals: The Photo Cookbook, Epicurious, and Betty Crocker Cookbook.
Review by: Stephanie Chu
Version 4.0 | Developed by ditter.projektagentur GmbH | 97.8 MB | $4.99
- Helpful visuals for the kitchen novice
- Ingredient definition and translation
- Great, easy recipes with 30 min max prep time
- Recipes sorted by chapter
- Limited recipes (80)
- Unsure if new recipes will come with updates
- Large app size (almost 100 MB)
Version 2.1.1 | Developed by Conde Nast Digital | 9.1 MB | Free
- Massive library of recipes
- Easy to use interface
- Helpful shopping list
- Unable to provide feedback to community in app
- Cannot sort by rating
- Doesn't sync with online recipe box from user account
Version 2.0.1 | Developed by General Mills Inc. | 20.7 MB | $4.99
- 9000+ trusted. tested recipes
- Clear prep time and cook time when choosing recipe
- Ease of favoring and emailing
- Coupons are cumbersome to utilize
- Needs iOS4 update
Pros, Cons & Final Judgment
All of these apps will help make for a more pleasant experience when cooking dinner for the holidays or simply for an every day meal. Download The Photo Cookbook, Epicurious, and Betty Crocker Cookbook.