Dropbox brings synchronized secure storage of your files to Windows, Mac and Linux boxen. Will it be as useful on the iPhone? Watch the video to find out!
The Dropbox iPhone app puts a window to your Dropbox on your iPhone you can use to sync photos and videos to your Dropbox, view and play files from your Dropbox and, by clicking on the 'favorite star' at the bottom of the interface, download the file to your iPhone so you can use it even when you can't get a 3G or WiFi connection. There are some things it can't do, though!
Review by Patrick Norton.
With hundreds of apps to choose from for your iPhone, Android or whatever smartphone you may have, how do know what's worth the download? AppJudgment is your daily source for phone app reviews and previews.
Want the most recent episode of this show always up to date on your website? Use this self-updating embed code!
Version 1.0 | Developed by Kronos Games | Free
- Dropbox access on your iPhone
- Access media, photos and documents you can't fit on your iPhone
- Sync photos and videos from your iPhone to secure online storage
- Download files from your dropbox to your iPhone for use when there's no network access
- No ability to manage and move files in the iPhone's drop box interface
- You can only upload a single file at a time from your iPhone's photo/video collection
- No multitouch scaling for photos, though it is in place for PDFs and docs.
Today, Eileen has two hot apps to mention!
Tweetie 2.0 for the iPhone, $2.99
Back in our very first episode, Patrick Norton wasn't too fond of the original Tweetie App for the iPhone (even though the rest of us in the office loved it). Now I haven't check with him, but this latest release might change his mind.
It still has the clean interface, but now there's video posting, landscape viewing, reply all, Tweet Blocker, an offline mode, and much more.
Viper Smart for the iPhone, Free
This app allows you to start your car from virtually anywhere with your iPhone. However, you need to install the Smart Start Car module in your car, which costs at least $300.