Ever look at the night sky and wonder just what it was you were looking at? Distant Suns puts a star map and astronomy guide in your pocket!
Where's that constellation? Is that Venus or Mars? Does that star have a name? Distant Suns started on the Amiga in 1987, in 2009 it's a star map and astronomy tutor in your pocket!
130,000 stars along with planets, nebulae, galaxies and all 88 constellations... plus it's compass aware for the 3gs owners... just turn and look!Review by: Patrick Norton
With hundreds of apps to choose from for your iPhone, Android or whatever smartphone you may have, how do know what's worth the download? AppJudgment is your daily source for phone app reviews and previews.
Want the most recent episode of this show always up to date on your website? Use this self-updating embed code!
Version 1.1.1 | Developed by Mike Smithwick | Free
- A complete start chart in your pocket
- Easy navigation even for astronomy newbies
- Great for finding objects in the night sky or identifiying something you see up there
- No compass motion for pre-3Gs iPhones
- Easy to get a bit lost if you don't take advantage of the navigation tool (there are a lot of stars in there!)