Hosted by Jay Adelson.
Entrepreneur, CEO, and business owner Jay Adelson (Equinix, Digg, Revision3, SimpleGeo) demystifies the start-up process by providing advice, tips, and answering questions. Ask Jay how to turn any business idea into reality: email@example.com, @jayadelson, or http://youtube.com/askjayadelson Read More
Successful entrepreneur and CEO, Jay Adelson, demystifies the start-up process by providing advice, tips, and answering questions. In this episode, Jay discusses how a board of directors comes together, who should be on it, and how to manage who is on it.
Jay's Chalkboard Notes:
- Having a board doesn't matter pre-funding
- Not all founders need to be on the board
- Board seats often not defined until series A round
- Series A board is generally CEO/founder, investor, outside adviser
- Don't feel pressured to add employee/founder board seats
- Digg's founding board was the CEO and visionary founder
- Equinix's founding board were the 2 equal co-founders
- As Equinix grew, Jay stepped down from the board
- In general, try to keep board to 1 founder