Hosted by Jay Adelson.
Entrepreneur, CEO, and business owner Jay Adelson (Equinix, Digg, Revision3, SimpleGeo) demystifies the start-up process by providing advice, tips, and answering questions. Ask Jay how to turn any business idea into reality: firstname.lastname@example.org, @jayadelson, or http://youtube.com/askjayadelson Read More
Successful entrepreneur and CEO, Jay Adelson demystifies the start-up process by providing advice, tips, and answering questions. In this episode, Jay explains what it means to bootstrap (self-fund), the risks, benefits, requirements, and other elements to consider when deciding to bootstrap or not.
Jay's Chalkboard Notes:
- Money for bootstrapping should be carefully budgeted
- Reason to boostrap is to retain more ownership and control
- Bootstrapping can reduce stress in running the company
- Before bootstrapping, figure out if you can afford to
- It's not the end of the world if you can't bootstrap
- You can take funding and still retain control of your biz
- Bootstrapping is a great option if you can do it. If you can't, don't be afraid of investors.