Hosted by Jay Adelson.
Entrepreneur, CEO, and business owner Jay Adelson (Equinix, Digg, Revision3, SimpleGeo) demystifies the start-up process by providing advice, tips, and answering questions. Ask Jay how to turn any business idea into reality: email@example.com, @jayadelson, or http://youtube.com/askjayadelson Read More
Successful entrepreneur and CEO Jay Adelson demystifies the start-up process by providing advice, tips, and answering questions. In this episode, Jay explains all the things to consider before taking your company internationally.
Jay's Chalkboard Notes:
- Theoretically, any online company can be accessed from anywhere in the world
- Revenue strategy is gaining factor on international expansion
- Understand local currencies and laws for operating a business in key countries
- Understand language/translation impact
- Know technology limitations or advantages of being local
- Cloud-based services have helped bridge the gap
- Expanding sales ops can be a big challenge internationally
- Establish foreign partnerships who can help carry your brand
- Don't be afraid to partner with a competitor internationally