Hosted by Jay Adelson.
Entrepreneur, CEO, and business owner Jay Adelson (Equinix, Digg, Revision3, SimpleGeo) demystifies the start-up process by providing advice, tips, and answering questions. Ask Jay how to turn any business idea into reality: email@example.com, @jayadelson, or http://youtube.com/askjayadelson Read More
Successful entrepreneur and CEO, Jay Adelson, demystifies the start-up process by providing advice, tips, and answering questions. Today he discusses the importance of patents and protecting intellectual property. Maybe there's some discussion on patent trolls as well!
Jay's chalkboard notes on if you need a patent to protect your idea:
- Focus on execution
- Be first to market
- Get advice of patent attorney
- You can't patent all concepts
- Patents are a defensive move
- Patent trolls exist, so establish a provisional patent, but wait until you have some execution
How to protect your intellectual property
- Create the intellectual property
- Document in extreme detail
- Talk to a qualified patent attorney
- File a provisional patent
Get reliable; secure Web hosting-without the long-term contract. Go Daddy's hosting plans are bigger and better than ever with 99.99% uptime; free 24/7 supports and no annual commitment. And remember, you can download Go Daddy's free iPhone, Android or Blackberry app to order right from your phone, manage your current domains and more. Check out Revision3.com/GoDaddy for a list of all of the amazing Go Daddy deals from Revision3.