Hosted by Jay Adelson.
Entrepreneur, CEO, and business owner Jay Adelson (Equinix, Digg, Revision3, SimpleGeo) demystifies the start-up process by providing advice, tips, and answering questions. Ask Jay how to turn any business idea into reality: email@example.com, @jayadelson, or http://youtube.com/askjayadelson Read More
Successful entrepreneur and CEO Jay Adelson demystifies the start-up process by providing advice, tips, and answering questions. In this episode, Jay explains the roles of some of the types of people involved in selling a company and the fact that they do not need to be employees of the company to do so.
Jay's Chalkboard Notes:
- Depends on the nature of the relationship
- It is common for businesses to contract with outside firms or individuals for help in M&A deals
- They take a fee or small % and typically specialize in selling companies
- Titles can help in areas like sales, marketing and biz dev
- Titles can help in areas like sales, marketing, and biz dev
- The importance of titles in the sale of a company is not key
- Typically those involved in the sale of a company are not employees of the company
- Titles can be important, but they are not relevant to the sale of a company