Hosted by Jay Adelson.
Entrepreneur, CEO, and business owner Jay Adelson (Equinix, Digg, Revision3, SimpleGeo) demystifies the start-up process by providing advice, tips, and answering questions. Ask Jay how to turn any business idea into reality: firstname.lastname@example.org, @jayadelson, or http://youtube.com/askjayadelson Read More
Successful entrepreneur and CEO Jay Adelson demystifies the start-up process by providing advice, tips, and answering questions. In this episode, Jay explains the process of vetting a business idea and its potential marketplace as well as how to research how it would fit in with possible users, clients and customers.
Jay's Chalkboard Notes:
- Wanting to de-risk an idea is a logical thought process
- There are some things you can never know until you get started
- Research potential customers/clients/users
- Build prototypes for testing if possible, especially if costs are low
- Find questions that are common between customers
- Ask potential customers/clients/users general questions and follow-up with more specific tactics for how you'd fit in