—REVISION3 BETA IDENTIFIES TODAY’S TALENT TO BUILD THE FUTURE OF INTERNET TELEVISION; CONTENT PRODUCERS CALLED TO SUBMIT PROGRAMMING—
San Francisco, CA – September 29, 2008 – Revision3 today announces the hit programs included in the new show development hub, Revision3 Beta, which utilizes the strength and experience of Revision3 to identify up-and-coming talent and build the future of Internet television. Content producers from far and wide are now called to submit their shows to www.revision3beta.com and join the exciting lineup.
“At Revision3, we recognize that the landscape of new media is increasingly crowded. As it is becoming more and more difficult for talented content producers and hosts to find audiences for their shows, Revision3 has located a handful of these producers – and now we’re exposing their shows to our existing fan base,” said Martin Sargent, director of acquisitions, Revision3, and host of Internet Superstar.
The first round of Revision3 Beta hit shows includes:
• Bottles, Blends and Brews: A drink culture review show dedicated to finding the most quirky forms of “deliciousness” out there, and serving it to you weekly.
• Hack College: This show educates the students of the world about effective open source software, putting techno-political arguments in everyday language, and creating a cult of “Students 2.0.”
• That’s Awesome.TV: Primarily a tech show, That’s Awesome.TV is aimed at teaching awesome things, from taking awesome pictures to securing an awesome router to getting an awesomely cut lawn.
• The Minx Mandate: Madeline Minx meets with world-renowned scientists, entrepreneurs, philosophers and troublemakers to investigate the future of science, celebrity, sex and tech.
• The Slice: Hosted by Steven Carpenter and Sven J., is the official show of Cake Financial. It focuses on the past week’s top news in the world of business and finance based on the real trading activity of the Cake Financial community.
• What Should You Know (WSYK): Hosted by Ethan Bloch, WSYK is the world’s primary weapon of defense against ignorance. By using in-your-face educational explosions, discussing the people, places, things and ideas currently floating around the place we call earth, WSYK will actively protect you against becoming an ignoramus.
• Your Weekly Music Lesson with Walt: Host Walt Ribeiro’s forthright teaching style has created an entire community of those interested in music or not. ‘The Internet’s Music Teacher’ has created a fleet of dedicated viewers, and shares his lessons, passion and knowledge of music technology, guitar, piano, news, interviews and more.
Revision3, in partnership with Viddler, one of the Web’s fastest growing video sites, identifies exceptional content producers and exposes programs on Revision3 Beta. The shows that acquire audiences and build communities will have the opportunity to appear on the Revision3 site—and be made into the next biggest thing.
Revision3 Beta isn’t just for tech geeks. The initiative looks for every genre of programming–from scripted comedy and dramas to DIY and documentaries. Content producers can submit programming at www.revision3beta.com.
Revision3 is the first media company that gets it. Born from the Internet, Revision3 is a TV network for the web, creating and producing shows for a new audience: passionate fans who want to watch shows about technology, modern culture and music that entertain, educate and help to expand their life experiences.
The company was founded in 2005 by technology visionaries Kevin Rose, Jay Adelson and David Prager; because they couldn’t find anything they wanted to watch on traditional television. The company is now led by Internet TV pioneer Jim Louderback. With more than 35 million downloads to date (and 4.2 million per month), Revision3’s programs can be found everywhere from Revision3 to a wide range of platforms, including Apple iTunes, YouTube, Blip.TV and TIVO. Shows can be watched on any device, from a cell phone to an Apple iPod Nano to a computer or a TV.
Contact: Sarah Hawes, 212.255.8455 or email@example.com