PDA

View Full Version : Best time to buy a gaming PC?

brlee2003
11-06-2007, 05:45 AM
Do you guys think it would be best to wait until newer hardware comes out to buy a new gaming PC? DirectX10?

tokenuser
11-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Do you guys think it would be best to wait until newer hardware comes out to buy a new gaming PC? DirectX10?Apart from slightly faster chips, there is no new hardware expected for some time. Best time to buy a machine is Black Friday (day after thanksgiving) when things go on sale, then any time in the lead up to Christmas.

buttgnome
11-30-2007, 12:25 PM
Well I think u should get a computer now. I mean they already have computers that have updated hardware to run anything u want. For, example like the Falcon computers and Alien Ware computers are all up to date and can pretty much run anything your little heart desires all you need is the money.

kinkybuu
11-30-2007, 03:35 PM
It maybe a good idea to invest in a pre-built pc right now, cuz with the holidays around they r really cheap; especially with all the good parts they put in it. u could spend maybe like 800 on a great tower and like 150 on a damn good video card too. hell u may not even need to spend that much to get a good one; i know a few ppl from my work that spent like 600 and they got a great pc out of it. they all can run games at high graphics with little to no lag. so IMO go for the prebuilt right now, sales r good

maxiscool1994
12-01-2007, 03:30 AM
It maybe a good idea to invest in a pre-built pc right now, cuz with the holidays around they r really cheap; especially with all the good parts they put in it. u could spend maybe like 800 on a great tower and like 150 on a damn good video card too. hell u may not even need to spend that much to get a good one; i know a few ppl from my work that spent like 600 and they got a great pc out of it. they all can run games at high graphics with little to no lag. so IMO go for the prebuilt right now, sales r good

I second that. HPs are dirt cheap, and are really powerful.

darknessgp
12-01-2007, 03:57 AM
Do you guys think it would be best to wait until newer hardware comes out to buy a new gaming PC? DirectX10?

This is the best time to buy a new gaming PC. Normally you are going into buying a gaming PC knowing that no matter what you buy the next great thing is right around the corner (i.e. Announced and less than 6 months away.) However, as of right now, nothing big has been announced and is coming anytime soon. My guess is that Nvidia will be unveiling their 9000 series of cards beginning of 08, which means they won't hit probably until mid/late 08. That's probably the best gap your going to get with graphics cards. As far as other parts, everything is slowly moving towards faster, more bandwidth, etc. But really, mid-level stuff isn't a whole lot worse than high-level. Most people won't notice a difference in speed between a dual core 2.8 Ghz processor and a dual core 3.2 Ghz one, but they will notice the big difference in price.

kinkybuu
12-01-2007, 07:16 PM
a good idea for a computer right now would be something with a Core 2 Duo in it. Intel just switched over to their new chipsets and they r much better then their first gen chips; they're smaller faster and run a lot cooler then b4, i have the first gen, i cant complain but i would like the cooler running. HP happens to be putting the new chipsets in all their new pcs so getting an HP is a good idea, gateway might be doin the new chipsets too but im not for sure just yet. HP also uses a cool sound card in their systems that support anywhere from 5.1 to 7.1 surround, so if u want something with sound then HP again is the way to go. Im not trying to preach HP pcs or anything, even tho it seems like it, but they do offer some good prices for PCs.

crorse
12-03-2007, 08:28 PM
ten characters

crorse
12-03-2007, 08:31 PM
I would stay away from alienware, I know will from now on. I purchased one last September, but have had too many hardware issues with it to warrant the 1500 dollar price tag. I had to make them replace the video card, and I at least one of the slots has went bad.

I'm building my own from now on.