PDA

View Full Version : Had a format tweak idea about 10 seconds in.

iccanui
01-17-2008, 07:59 PM
First off, great show idea. I really like how you used user comments. The thing that TRS has over any show on this network is its interaction with its fans. Its not the show and we watch like zombies, its a interactive community to a extent. This show really feels like you said " here guys, this show is for you about you and we just putting it up for ya.

On to my thoughts on improvement.

So i was thinking, some videos from digg get shown on diggnation and everyone has seen them. Not all, but some good ones. Beyond that, anyone that uses digg ( who here doesnt ? ) we have seen all the videos. Now, i sure dont mind you picking them out and seeing them again, its fun, but how about upcoming videos that never made the front page?

See for me one of the issues with digg is that you miss so much news. Actually its not a issue with digg per say, more like just a by product of human nature. I have been spending a lot of time in the "upcoming" sections and actually digg some real good stuff, but i never see it reach the page. So i just think its a untapped content reservoir and if not make the show about those, then maybe a section of the show or just toss them in there randomly.

Also i just have to say, seems that there needs to be more going on or something. A co-host, or steve ( TRS ) posting silliness on the camera, or something different with the backround. I love Jessica and she is funny, but there is moments where it just feels empty and its not cause of her i think. But mind you im being OVERLY critical. I think the show is great and am just suggesting what in MY opinion would take it up a notch is all :)

Oh i just had another idea. How about when you do the comments you cross reference them with info. This would take the show up a notch in the tech field and be more interesting i think. Like when you showed the bill gates video and went to the comment there was someone there talking about jay-z doing something with apple. Now a quick reference like " now what []insert user name[/] is talking about is a story that poped up on arstechnica ( backround fades/spins to the website ) last week and was mirrored on bla blah site ( spins in behind her ) and bla bla site, etc. Mix it up, do some stupid funny ones ( shitting a brick FTW ) then toss in a few informative. Dont know, sounds neat to me anyway cause i would be inspired to come to this forum and talk about it. That just sounds plain fun.

So there ya go. Here is hoping for the butterfly effect if nothing else.

Peace.

mikwit
01-17-2008, 08:21 PM
I fully agree with you. Having a single host with no human interaction isn't as enjoyable to watch as a couple of people. I've seen 6 out of the 7 videos that were on the video, and I only check digg once or twice a day. Just saying.

taswizard
01-17-2008, 11:03 PM
I agree.

You see, Diggnation is good because of the interaction between Kevin and Alex. Many viewers have probably already seen all the stories and read the articles on the show, but Kevin and Alex's opinions is what is really interesting.

TRS is the same. Since the TRS guys don't actively review movies, tv, etc. with the intention of rating them, the really interesting part is their opinions on what they personally like or don't like.

The problem with Digg Reel is that it offers no genuine opinion. Most people have seen the videos before, so other than a recap of the last week, what does the show offer? Reading the comments is good, especially since many of them can be really funny. It just seems that Digg Reel doesn't offer anything that I can't do myself just as easily.

I see this show as being more of a personal picks kind of show, like Diggnation. Host(s) choose some of the funniest or most awesome shows of the week, then discuss and comment on them.

Still, I see potential there. There was one or two videos I had never seen, so it was good (though the TED one was pretty much useless with the majority of content edited out). I have high hopes for the show - I really want to see Rev3 succeed in everything it does.

Good luck Jessica

darknessgp
01-18-2008, 05:53 AM
I fully agree with you. Having a single host with no human interaction isn't as enjoyable to watch as a couple of people. I've seen 6 out of the 7 videos that were on the video, and I only check digg once or twice a day. Just saying.

Agreed. Though this first episode gave me the same feeling I get whenever I see Xplay... The feeling that the host(s) are being made to say something that they really don't find funny or would normally say, and neither I don't find it funny or really enjoy it because I pick up on that vibe.

save_britney
01-18-2008, 06:51 PM
There actually IS a real Sitar Hero: digitalfuntown.com :cool:

===[Mod Note: We get it. Comments merged ]===