PDA

View Full Version : HAUNTED (and such)

rabidbadger
02-19-2008, 12:07 AM
You folks ever had any "extrasensory" experiences: Hauntings, ESP, dreams that came true, UFOs...? etc...

rabidbadger
02-19-2008, 12:14 AM
from the chat that inspired this...

dude. did I tell you my house is haunted? (in a good way)
7:54 PM
so. I bought this house. 96 year old lady got put in a home. Her husband died in the eighties, I think.
7:55 PM
so I got a great deal. basement has washer/dryer full size freezer... all curtains and shit I didn't wanna have to buy. Nice miniature pear tree in the back yard....

Other person:AIM
7:56 PM
ok

Joel Pickard (jpickard@mac.com)
AIM
7:56 PM
fridge, stove. etc... total Move In house.
7:58 PM
sooo. I do laundry for the first time. throw clothes in washer. later, move clothes to dryer in a soggy heap. fall asleep. Next morning I go get clothes from dryer...
ALL FOLDED in the dryer!
that's not all!
7:59 PM
first fall there. Lazy bastard Joel. Don't rake leaves till all have fallen. time to rake the leaves. go to basement, grab rake. go outside. All the leaves are in a nice pile next to my garbage can.

skyz
02-19-2008, 12:24 AM
dreams that came true

yes my dreams often tell me what is going to be

and if i dream about money it always shows up

i trust my dreams more than i trust the ny times headlines

kronos6948
02-19-2008, 12:38 AM
Nothing that couldn't be explained away.

I've always wanted to see ghosts or hauntings that were more than just some shadows or cold rooms. I wanted to see stuff slide across the floor as some folks claim. I don't want to see orbs in a photo. Orbs can be explained as dust in the flash, or mist in the flash. I want to see it first hand without photography. I want to see some hardcore evidence. I've become disillusioned to the whole notion that hauntings exist, due to the lack of real evidence. Same thing goes for UFO's.

I want to believe, but without evidence, I can't. And, the more I search, the less faith I have in seeing these things.

rabidbadger
02-19-2008, 12:55 AM
Not really an exciting story, but that's the best I've got for only being alive 27 years...

no dude. those are fun stories! It's the little things that freak us out the most

rabidbadger
02-19-2008, 12:57 AM
I want to believe, but without evidence, I can't. And, the more I search, the less faith I have in seeing these things.

http://paranormalvision.com/images/mulder_sofficepic.jpg

rabidbadger
02-19-2008, 12:59 AM
Other thing with me is: I always know when women are pregnant before they do. freaks them out a few weeks later when they find out.

ariastar
02-19-2008, 01:11 AM
A few weeks after moving to a house in Oregon I touched the wall and blanked out. My mom said later I wasn't talking like myself, and she wrote down what I was saying and she was going to research it. From the child who died there about 80 years before to a major fight that turned out to be a drug bust, I was right on.

We invited my aunt to stay a week and she knew nothing. As soon as she walked in the house, she jumped and said a cold hand touched her. Within hours she said the house felt evil, and she was going to stay at a hotel.

My dad, who didn't believe in paranormal, started to hear laughter, and so did my mom. My brother started to stay at a friend's house.

We found out a few months after moving in that the house was reputed to be haunted. We moved by the end of the year.

It took a couple years to find new renters. They were in and out within months. After a couple more years, the house was torn down. One of the demolition people reported finding a dime under some foundation that was broken up and being hauled that was only about 10 years old, though the house was from the 1880s.

To this day, almost ten years later, the acre to the side of where the house stood has been developed, but not the spot where the house was.

Since then I occasionally have visions I write down that happen. It shocked a friend when I told her, matter of factly, that she was pregnant again when she didn't think she could be since she hadn't missed her period, and I insisted she was. And she was.

rabidbadger
02-19-2008, 01:34 AM
damn, crazy stuff, Aria.

rabidbadger
02-19-2008, 01:35 AM
OH. and I KNOW I saw a UFO when I was 10 in the adirondack Mtns

tokenuser
02-19-2008, 01:47 AM
Yes. My "lady in grey". Seen and experienced several times by me in a 10 year old house on land that was never developed. A brief description of her to my mother and she showed me a photo of her mother when she was much much younger. I had never met my grandmother, she died while my mother was pregnant with me, and I had never seen that photo albumn.

There have been other experiences as well, but this one brings tears to my eyes every time I think of it (not tears of sadness, tears of "chills down my spine"). Not an evil feeling - I was going through the HSC at the time (high school graduation exams - kinda like major SATs) - but a feeling of protection from something that could be much much worse ... which is what gives me chills.

rabidbadger
02-19-2008, 01:51 AM
dude. I know how you feel. I got an ancient afghan hand knitted from my gramma. When ever I get a cold of something I curl up in it. and the next morning I feel fine.

tokenuser
02-19-2008, 04:10 AM
Hmmm. Want to hear about the "back stairs" at the girls college (boarding house) an ex-gf stayed at while at Uni? Male huests were only permitted to use the toilet in the basement area. the stairswell gave me chills. I asked what happened in the stiars one day and the room went silent.

The house was built by a merchant family in the early 1800's (1820s?). The scullery maid was found dead at the bottom of the stairs and the son of the family was found hanged at the top of the stairs. Sense of forbodding every time you stepped into the stairwell to go to the loo.

Want to see the one blurry photo my auto focus Minolta SLR took in 3 months and about 100 rolls of film while travelling around US and UK ... and it occurred with us standing inside Englands most haunted pub (as determined by Guiness - the brewery, not world record publisher) beside a plaque declaring that that is what it was.

I have lots of ghost stories :)

ariastar
02-20-2008, 02:42 AM
Beautiful story about your grandmother.