PDA

View Full Version : Skin firming?

ariastar
03-25-2008, 12:05 PM
I've been thinking about this a lot the last week. After losing a load of weight (124 since March of last year), I do have some loose skin. Not a whole terrible lot, like a balloon or an elephant, but enough that it makes me want to keep with my not eating or purging what I do. I can see realistically another 10 or 12 pounds that can come off, but most of it would be skin. And there's no way the money would free up for have surgery to take care of it. That money's going to IVF and our wedding. But I don't like my self-esteem being so low and it resulting in me doing things I know are bad for me and that worry Cody. (An ED isn't something one can just choose to stop. It'd be nice it if worked that way, but it doesn't.) I am not really comfortable with ribs and hips jutting out, and I know it's not so much fat I'm fighting as the skin making me see myself as fat.

So please please please, can anyone recommend a product or something that will actually firm skin? Unfortunately muscle toning isn't going to "fill it in."

I'm just really, really tired of this.

skyz
03-25-2008, 12:36 PM
I've been thinking about this a lot the last week. After losing a load of weight (124 since March of last year), I do have some loose skin. Not a whole terrible lot, like a balloon or an elephant, but enough that it makes me want to keep with my not eating or purging what I do. I can see realistically another 10 or 12 pounds that can come off, but most of it would be skin. And there's no way the money would free up for have surgery to take care of it. That money's going to IVF and our wedding. But I don't like my self-esteem being so low and it resulting in me doing things I know are bad for me and that worry Cody. (An ED isn't something one can just choose to stop. It'd be nice it if worked that way, but it doesn't.) I am not really comfortable with ribs and hips jutting out, and I know it's not so much fat I'm fighting as the skin making me see myself as fat.

So please please please, can anyone recommend a product or something that will actually firm skin? Unfortunately muscle toning isn't going to "fill it in."

I'm just really, really tired of this.

you won't like the answer but here it is

nothing is going to reduce the excess skin

however building health will 'round' things up

however if you see a nicely rounded arm or thigh as 'fat' nothing i say or anyone else says will make any difference

if you eat really well get moderate exercise sleep well and minimize stress your body can 'bloom'

so can your mind and spirit

eat a peach be a peach

it is basically profoundly simple

ericjosepi
03-25-2008, 02:49 PM
EDIT: Missed your last sentence. Um... see Patch's post. Exercise can help return some elasticity to your skin and firm it up, aerobics and such.

patch
03-25-2008, 02:51 PM
You're not going to find a beauty product that will do it for you. The majority of crap like that is actually what you find in soap, and a few other ingredients that do nothing at all.

Skin can firm up on its own, it just takes time, and work. You just have to continue to work out, I know you said that muscle mass won't fill it out, but building some muscle, and losing more body fat, will help your skin become firm again. It happens simply because you lose a lot of weight, fast, and your skin isn't able to keep up with it. Just stay active, and give it a bit of time.

njshadow
03-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Yeah, it's usually just about giving your skin something to actually wrap tightly around such as muscle. When it comes to flab I'm not so sure but I definitely do know that muscle building helps.

xibalba
03-25-2008, 06:07 PM
That is so trolling.

ericjosepi
03-25-2008, 06:15 PM
http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/300W/images3.deviantart.com/i/2004/111/0/e/Don__t_feed_the_Troll.jpg

ariastar
03-25-2008, 06:15 PM
That is so trolling.

What is trolling?

ariastar
03-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Ah. Really mature, NJ. You can't take it, but like to dish it. Grow up.

njshadow
03-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Ah. Really mature, NJ. You can't take it, but like to dish it. Grow up.

What? I was looking for the pic where he lost all that weight but couldn't find it. Just found it humorous and this topic got me thinkin' of it that's all.

patch
03-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Does "eye for an eye" apply here? Aria, hit Google...

njshadow
03-25-2008, 07:20 PM
You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth". But I say to you, do not resist an evildoer. If anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

My bad. Sorry bout' that................

heyseuss
03-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Combination of muscle tone development and aerobic development. Your skin is the largest organ in your body, treat it as such. Improving your blood quality is the main step. Obviously it's a seperate issue to consider, but your diet is a hefty portion of controlling your skins health. You need to oxygenate your skin, from within. You need to make new muscles. The skin is loose because the fat pushed it away from the muscle and wrapped the muscle up and kept it small. You need to re-develop these muslces. You need to create a healthy relationship between the outside of the muscle and the inside of your skin. The muscles have never had a relationship with your skin before and you need to eat some protein and work-out and re-introduce your muscle to your skin.

There are creams that are made to firm skin - but they are small applications, I know fighters that use them to tighten skin on old scar tissue that open frequently.

patch
03-25-2008, 07:44 PM
You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth". But I say to you, do not resist an evildoer. If anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. My bad. Sorry bout' that................

12Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves.

14In the temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!"

Really..?

Skinny Fat Bastard or fat Fat Bastard. Either one couldn't be taken as anything other than insulting.

njshadow
03-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Really..?

Skinny Fat Bastard or fat Fat Bastard. Either one couldn't be taken as anything other than insulting.

I wasn't insulting her, It just reminded me of him with the hanging skin after he lost the weight. I just couldn't find a pic of him with the "skin thing". Didn't intend to insult.

lordbyron
03-25-2008, 07:56 PM
Aria lots of credit for losing the weight! Congrats. Maybe if you search Jared or on Subway you cold find out how he did it cause he lost a bunch of weight.

P.S. Not comparing you to Jared in any way! Just trying to help with ideas.

patch
03-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Aria lots of credit for losing the weight! Congrats. Maybe if you search Jared or on Subway you cold find out how he did it cause he lost a bunch of weight.

I could never do that. I hate Subway. Lol.

lordbyron
03-25-2008, 08:05 PM
I am not saying eat there I am saying they may have information on how he tightened his skin.

lordbyron
03-25-2008, 08:06 PM
I hate Subway. Lol.

I don't hate it but its on the bottom of my list of places to get a sub.

I like Jimmy Johns. Not sure how many states in the US they are in.

ericjosepi
03-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Maybe if you search Jared or on Subway you cold find out how he did it cause he lost a bunch of weight.

5 Letters - A - I - D - E - S. Aides. He had people helping him out and training him to loose the metric ass-tonne of weight.

acidburn
03-25-2008, 08:40 PM
When you lose weight slowly and over time, your skin typically tightens up. Loose weight fast and the skin doesn't have time to rebound. Excessive loose skin may need to be surgically removed.

I hope I don't sound to negative when I say I don't think you'll find a cream or any kind of topical product that will have permanent results.

Keep working out with light weights for definition on the areas of your body that need skin tightening and you may see some results with time.

scoobydiesel
03-25-2008, 08:51 PM
i hope you find a way to do so, wish i had the power to become skinny an stuff...too weak and i just cant see me skinny.

Subway is fricken good...but i dont have many options here...and i know everyone who works at mine, as we either went to school or know each other some how.

damn small towns lol

xibalba
03-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Meatball subway sandwich = yum

njshadow
03-25-2008, 09:03 PM
Meatball subway sandwich = yum

AGREED!

Meatballs
Provolone
Shredded Cheese
Parmesan Cheese

I had a foot long the other night. YUM.

heyseuss
03-25-2008, 09:08 PM
AGREED!

Meatballs
Provolone
Shredded Cheese
Parmesan Cheese

I had a foot long the other night. YUM.

Same. Extra parm. That think becomes a gooey cheese marinara mess.

tokenuser
03-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Meatball subway sandwich = yumToasted. With tomato, a little peppercini (banana peppers) and ranch dressing.

scoobydiesel
03-25-2008, 09:14 PM
love them banana peppers, the one's at my subway is very sweet but when i went to one in another tower they sucked...all hard..and eew...i think they were old, didnt finish my sanmitch...

njshadow
03-25-2008, 09:21 PM
I've never had a Quiznos sub but they look GOOD.

patch
03-25-2008, 09:29 PM
I've never had a Quiznos sub but they look GOOD.

Subway, Jimmy John < Quiznos. Hands down, Quiznos is better.

tokenuser
03-25-2008, 09:29 PM
I've never had a Quiznos sub but they look GOOD.Quiznos are good ... allthough the one near where I used to work always screwed up the order, and we would never get the right sandwich. So we had a new name for them ... "What'd you get for lunch?" ... "Fucknos".

They were almost as bad as the MEAL OF FORTUNE ordering method at the local El Pollo Loco drivethru ... another place that always screwed up the order.

Just because I don't speak Spanish doesn't mean you shouldn't understand English.

xibalba
03-25-2008, 09:30 PM
I am going to try Quiznos one days but sorta disappointed they don't have a meat ball sub on their menu.

njshadow
03-25-2008, 09:32 PM
I am going to try Quiznos one days but sorta disappointed they don't have a meat ball sub on their menu.

I don't need a meatball sub when they're advertising that roast beef au joui sandwich. :D

tokenuser
03-25-2008, 09:32 PM
I am going to try Quiznos one days but sorta disappointed they don't have a meat ball sub on their menu.Go for the Black Angus sub - it will blow your mind. Leaves the Subway meatball sub for dead.

njshadow
03-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Go for the Black Angus sub - it will blow your mind. Leaves the Subway meatball sub for dead.

Crap man, stop this temptation. I'm actually trying to start tonin' back up again!!!!!!!!!

tokenuser
03-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Crap man, stop this temptation. I'm actually trying to start tonin' back up again!!!!!!!!!Then get a small and a bottle of water instead of a regular with chips and a soda. Unfortunately, where I live/work (hey,its the same place) I can walk to Subway, but need to drive to Quiznos, so its normally Subway for me.

njshadow
03-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Then get a small and a bottle of water instead of a regular with chips and a soda.

I NEVER drink soda. Bad for you and it doesn't quench my thirst in the least.

For me it's always:
-Water
-Milk
-Iced Tea

masherscf
03-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Soda is awesome. I find the carbonation very refreshing.

heyseuss
03-25-2008, 10:29 PM
Go for the Black Angus sub - it will blow your mind. Leaves the Subway meatball sub for dead.

Black angus steak sub is the last one I had at Quizno's. Worth every $10.

I don't mind some subway now and then but, quizno's is lightyears better.

njshadow
03-25-2008, 10:34 PM
I find the carbonation very refreshing.

OCCASIONALLY I will have soda. I will give you that, the carbonation can be refreshing but for me only if it's a light soda like Sierra Mist or Ginger Ale.

heyseuss
03-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Quiznos are good ... allthough the one near where I used to work always screwed up the order, and we would never get the right sandwich. So we had a new name for them ...

My first Quizno's experience the dude behind the counter hit on me alot, told me to give him ANY coupon to anywhere and he'd accept it though.

"What'd you get for lunch?" ... "Fucknos".

I thought that was the answer to the question; "what's nasal sex like?"

They were almost as bad as the MEAL OF FORTUNE ordering method at the local El Pollo Loco drivethru ... another place that always screwed up the order.

Is el pollo loco, elsewhere? I though it was just southern california.

Just because I don't speak Spanish doesn't mean you shouldn't understand English.

"Where's the manager?"

"Que"

"Where is your manager, the boss, the gereralisimo?

"In madrid ! "

"man-a-ger, go get"

"Si"

"OK?"

"Que"

"What?"

"Si, que, what"

"C.K. Watt is the manager ?"

tokenuser
03-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Is el pollo loco, elsewhere? I though it was just southern california.Not to the best of my knowledge ... but I used to live in SoCal ... and while I assume it is simialr everywhere, I am specifically referring to the one in Brea. They were useless. You'd order taquitos (I love chicken taquitos), and they would ask if you wanted large or small (warning sign - they only come in one size), I say large (because I love chicken taquitos :) ) ... and then get home to find mashed potato and gravy.

MEAL

OF

FORTUNE!!!!!!

njshadow
03-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Aw man, my family could be rich if my parents had sued the restaurants that DANGEROUSLY screwed us over.

Fisher's - Glass in tuna

Denny's - Fake Finger Nail in soup (I was there, EEEEW)

and of course a number of "hair" incidents.

But my parents were nice enough not to sue cause' it wasn't in their nature to do that kind of stuff.

EDIT - This stuff happened to my Mom, unfortunately.

njshadow
03-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Wow you sure have bad luck with food man. I love subway. I only eat the seafood one tho. No pineapple!!!! Extra pickels tho.
My country doesn't have Quiznos!!!!

That stuff actually happened to my Mom! And btw I'm so freakin' curious of "your country". Do you prefer that it remain a secret? Cause' hearing that you and Sammy are from there and that it's an island really makes me curious. It's not Trinidad, is it?

heyseuss
03-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Not to the best of my knowledge ... but I used to live in SoCal ... and while I assume it is simialr everywhere, I am specifically referring to the one in Brea. They were useless. You'd order taquitos (I love chicken taquitos), and they would ask if you wanted large or small (warning sign - they only come in one size), I say large (because I love chicken taquitos :) ) ... and then get home to find mashed potato and gravy.

I thought you were referring to your time here. Never heard of a drive-thru at one though.

They've not f'ed up my order before, but, I can go from one el pollo loco to another down the street, and the prices will vary greatly. I asked about it, and they told me that franchises don't have to use the corporate suggested prices. So I just make sure I go to the cheaper one.

I want an ultimate chicken burrito now.

heyseuss
03-25-2008, 11:02 PM
Wow you sure have bad luck with food man. I love subway. I only eat the seafood one tho. No pineapple!!!! Extra pickels tho.

You are a brave young man to eat seafood from subway.

ariastar
03-25-2008, 11:04 PM

Who knows if his skin bounced back? Haven't seen him naked. To see me fully dressed, you wouldn't get it either.

btw, ironic choice of thread to turn into a food thread. Re-read my original post. I'm battling a desire to go b/p right now.

njshadow
03-25-2008, 11:07 PM
Who knows if his skin bounced back? Haven't seen him naked. To see me fully dressed, you wouldn't get it either.

btw, ironic choice of thread to turn into a food thread. Re-read my original post. I'm battling a desire to go b/p right now.

Well, it looks like we're gonna make some dummy really really fat. They're gonna enter this thread looking for fitness tips and see "Eat Subway, Quiznos, Meatball, Angus, Cheese!"

LOL :D

heyseuss
03-25-2008, 11:09 PM

Go get a sub. And then do some light weights. Really tho, muscular tone will help your sag, unsag.

There's something else you could be doing to help your appetite, as well as your insomnia.

njshadow
03-25-2008, 11:12 PM
Go get a sub. And then do some light weights. Really tho, muscular tone will help your sag, unsag.

There's something else you could be doing to help your appetite, as well as your insomnia.

That's like a cycle. When you stay up, you end up eating more and more and more. Hmmm, you could just guzzle a giant glass of 2% Milk or Water before bet. If I get hungry in the middle of the night one GIANT glass of milk usually does the trick.

lordbyron
03-25-2008, 11:16 PM

Yea I guess I started it by trying to help you by mentioning Jared and Subway

heyseuss
03-25-2008, 11:20 PM
That's like a cycle. When you stay up, you end up eating more and more and more. Hmmm, you could just guzzle a giant glass of 2% Milk or Water before bet. If I get hungry in the middle of the night one GIANT glass of milk usually does the trick.

I'm referring to something Aria already knows about that helps both, an appetite and insomnia.

You don't really eat more and more when you stay up. I've had some cheeto's today and 2 glasses of pink lemonade and have been up since yesterday. Last time I ate was around midnight and it was half a turkey sandwich. Wow, holy shit, I just realised I haven't really eaten anything in 16 hrs and have been up for 30-something hours at this point.

And 2% milk? I drink the whole cow. Also, I don't really think milk works on adults, but whiskey does.

njshadow
03-25-2008, 11:25 PM
I'm referring to something Aria already knows about that helps both, an appetite and insomnia.

You don't really eat more and more when you stay up. I've had some cheeto's today and 2 glasses of pink lemonade and have been up since yesterday. Last time I ate was around midnight and it was half a turkey sandwich. Wow, holy shit, I just realised I haven't really eaten anything in 16 hrs and have been up for 30-something hours at this point.

And 2% milk? I drink the whole cow. Also, I don't really think milk works on adults, but whiskey does.

Well that's you. For MOST people little activity at night means faster digestion which means more hunger and well.............you get the point. I used to drink whole milk but now it's always 2%. I could basically live off of milk. Plus, Milk = Protein, Protein + Light Weights = Toning which means less skin sag.

heyseuss
03-25-2008, 11:41 PM
Well that's you. For MOST people little activity at night means faster digestion which means more hunger and well

No dude. Little activity means slower digestion and longer metabolism. If you ate a big meal and then just sat down and didn't move, you would last FAR longer than if you were active, before you were hungry again. That's just common sense bro. Your car doesn't need gas when it sits in the garage.

.............you get the point. I used to drink whole milk but now it's always 2%. I could basically live off of milk. Plus, Milk = Protein, Protein + Light Weights = Toning which means less skin sag.

Yes, she does need some protein, but, milk isn't that great a source for protein man, sorry to be dissagreeing with you multiple times, but she needs some plain lean chicken, or legumes/seeds/nuts for protein, and greens like spinach and kale and wheatgrass to oxygenate her skin cells. And she needs to to some weights or resistance training. Actually, resistance and plyometrics would whip her sag right off.

njshadow
03-25-2008, 11:53 PM
Yes, she does need some protein, but, milk isn't that great a source for protein man, sorry to be dissagreeing with you multiple times, but she needs some plain lean chicken, or legumes/seeds/nuts for protein, and greens like spinach and kale and wheatgrass to oxygenate her skin cells. And she needs to to some weights or resistance training. Actually, resistance and plyometrics would whip her sag right off.

Well, I'm just sayin' that Milk as a drink is a good source of protein. Yeah, lean chicken is a must. LOL, I'm posting this as I'm browning ground sirloin for stroganoff. yum. And I got no problem with the disagreement, I just heard that inactivity means rapid digestion. I could have been wrong about that but it does seem that when people are just a blob watching Tv they tend to eat more.

heyseuss
03-26-2008, 12:08 AM
Well, I'm just sayin' that Milk as a drink is a good source of protein. Yeah, lean chicken is a must. LOL, I'm posting this as I'm browning ground sirloin for stroganoff. yum.

You'd have to drink alot of milk to get as much protein as you are getting from meats and veg and legumes. Milk, per serving ( a small cup ) has only a tiny percentage of protein requirements in it man, less than a quarter of your daily needs. But it has plenty of fat, ( I know you said 2%, but I only know about whole ) Go look at a carton of milk, it will say something like Protein 15% and Fat 30-40%. I'm with ya though, I love milk too and drink tonnes of it. Yay ovaltine. For her, to make new muscles she's never used before get some blood to them, she needs to enrich with protein like crazy (chicken, egg white) and oxygenate.

And I got no problem with the disagreement, I just heard that inactivity means rapid digestion.
I could have been wrong about that but it does seem that when people are just a blob watching Tv they tend to eat more.

I guarantee it. I've both, fasted for days, and eaten as much as I can for days due to physicality and the desire to gain weight. The blob in front of the tv isn't eating alot because their body requires it, it's pyschological.

njshadow
03-26-2008, 12:12 AM
I guarantee it. I've both, fasted for days, and eaten as much as I can for days due to physicality and the desire to gain weight. The blob in front of the tv isn't eating alot because their body requires it, it's pyschological.

Gotcha. And oh yeah, along with all that protein, throw in some DDR. That's like super cardio and is a fun way to get fit. Just get outside as well cause' you can be as fit as you want with DDR but you still need some sun. :D

heyseuss
03-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Gotcha. And oh yeah, along with all that protein, throw in some DDR. That's like super cardio and is a fun way to get fit. Just get outside as well cause' you can be as fit as you want with DDR but you still need some sun. :D

Sun. That's what lacks greatly in my diet. Not only do I rarely go outside, but I'm actually awake for less daylight hrs than nightime hrs regularly. I've never DDR'ed and never will. My ass looks fine,... although, Olivia is a DDR'er and has better hind quarters than me, maybe that's the secret.

I'm hungry now. Maybe I'll sit in the backyard (there's still some sunlight over the hill) and finish last nights turkey sandwich... put some avocado on it, mmmm. Avocado!, avocado!, avocado!.... dammit Jeff.

njshadow
03-26-2008, 12:23 AM
Everybody can relax now.

Aria, you don't have to worry about temptation ever again. You guys can thank me later. And oh yeah, if anyone asks, I was asleep in bed that morning.......:D

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3222/2362793346_ba4fa64a88.jpg?v=0

njshadow
03-26-2008, 12:24 AM
Sun. That's what lacks greatly in my diet. Not only do I rarely go outside, but I'm actually awake for less daylight hrs than nightime hrs regularly. I've never DDR'ed and never will. My ass looks fine,... although, Olivia is a DDR'er and has better hind quarters than me, maybe that's the secret.

I'm hungry now. Maybe I'll sit in the backyard (there's still some sunlight over the hill) and finish last nights turkey sandwich... put some avocado on it, mmmm. Avocado!, avocado!, avocado!.... dammit Jeff.

Do you mean the Olivia on these forums? Crap, now she's even more awesome to me! :eek:

heyseuss
03-26-2008, 12:26 AM
Do you mean the Olivia on these forums? Crap, now she's even more awesome to me! :eek:

Yeh, she once mentioned loving DDR, and I recall liking her hind quarters, they're really good, they might be her best quarters, maybe from all the DDR'ing.

njshadow
03-26-2008, 12:30 AM
Yeh, she once mentioned loving DDR, and I recall liking her hind quarters, they're really good, they might be her best quarters, maybe from all the DDR'ing.

Aw crap man, she now = cool. I gotta vs. her! LOL. I'm pretty freakin' good. I usually won't do a song unless it's on Expert. I will say, it REALLY does work. My calves are like a work of art. It really does build up your legs and you start seeing yourself get skinny. That reminds me, I gotta get DDR Supernova 2. I have the 1st one and that was awesome.

heyseuss
03-26-2008, 12:53 AM
My calves are like a work of art.

Bwwahahahahaa.

Cool man, but Olivia has her own 'work of art' secret weapon against all your DDR weapons.

I don't need skinnier legs.

skyz
03-26-2008, 01:48 AM
Combination of muscle tone development and aerobic development. Your skin is the largest organ in your body, treat it as such. Improving your blood quality is the main step. Obviously it's a seperate issue to consider, but your diet is a hefty portion of controlling your skins health. You need to oxygenate your skin, from within. You need to make new muscles. The skin is loose because the fat pushed it away from the muscle and wrapped the muscle up and kept it small. You need to re-develop these muslces. You need to create a healthy relationship between the outside of the muscle and the inside of your skin. The muscles have never had a relationship with your skin before and you need to eat some protein and work-out and re-introduce your muscle to your skin.

he knows !

your body is a constant work in progress it can be nurtured like garden types coax their orchids into their full beauty

skyz
03-26-2008, 01:52 AM
What? I was looking for the pic where he lost all that weight but couldn't find it. Just found it humorous and this topic got me thinkin' of it that's all.

let me give you a clue about girls

when they are expressing any insecurities about how they look that is not a good time to make a joke

heyseuss
03-26-2008, 01:55 AM
he knows !

your body is a constant work in progress it can be nurtured like garden types coax their orchids into their full beauty

I've experimented with my body quite a bit, I've seen how I can change it when I want to. I wouldn't compare my changes to orchids and gardens though. Can't change ugly :)

Aria, not that this info can help you too much now, but the majority of your sag comes from losing the weight too quickly the wrong way, just to keep in mind, you can't want something other than what you are giving yourself. That's like me punching myself in the nuts and wishing I wasn't.

njshadow
03-26-2008, 01:56 AM
let me give you a clue about girls

when they are expressing any insecurities about how they look that is not a good time to make a joke

Even I know that much...............didn't really perceive her as the sensitive type.

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 01:58 AM
I am just have the perfect male body...no work needed! LOL yea right!! Everyone thinks they need this or that...

njshadow
03-26-2008, 02:00 AM
I am just have the perfect male body...no work needed! LOL yea right!! Everyone thinks they need this or that...

I kinda do repairs as needed. I'm in good physical condition and look pretty good. If I have a period of time where I'm bummin' I usually follow that with heavy exercise and weight lifting.

patch
03-26-2008, 02:00 AM
I've experimented with my body quite a bit

Did any of these experiments involve Badge?

njshadow
03-26-2008, 02:01 AM
And Aria, if this isn't obvious enough, IT'S ALL ABOUT PORTION CONTROL. Seriously, it is.

njshadow
03-26-2008, 02:03 AM

Aw geeeeze, sick image right there. :D

patch
03-26-2008, 02:05 AM

Yeah, I know. Heyseuss is pretty nasty lookin'. (Just FYI, that was a bash at Heyseuss and a compliment to Badge. :p)

heyseuss
03-26-2008, 02:05 AM

No, but I did experiment once with my fist and the desnity of snarky north western 18 yr old kid faces. Followed by an experiment involving my foot and said kids' ass.

But seriously, that was funny, good burn. But I won't be holding back on you next time.

heyseuss
03-26-2008, 02:06 AM

Why are you imagining it? Control yourself.

patch
03-26-2008, 02:08 AM
No, but I did experiment once with my fist and the desnity of snarky north western 18 yr old kid faces. Followed by an experiment involving my foot and said kids' ass.

But seriously, that was funny, good burn. But I won't be holding back on you next time.

Pfft. Well that won't apply to me soon. My birthday is next month! And, well, Diane has been hounding me since day one to move to LA. So... Yeah...

Be careful... Diane might hurt you (in a non-sexual way) if you go too far...

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 02:10 AM
I kinda do repairs as needed. I'm in good physical condition and look pretty good. If I have a period of time where I'm bummin' I usually follow that with heavy exercise and weight lifting.

My profession keeps me in shape. I am 6' 185#

I did post a pic in the the hot guys/girls thread of me.

heyseuss
03-26-2008, 02:11 AM

Runway model ?

njshadow
03-26-2008, 02:13 AM

I did post a pic in the the hot guys/girls thread of me.

Hmmm, close to me, I'm 6'2"-6'3" 190 lbs. I'm really trying to build muscle now. And to think I was TRYING to gain weight last year. Now I want it gone! :eek:

patch
03-26-2008, 02:16 AM
I feel so short in this thread. :(

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 02:17 AM
Runway model ?

LOL you are totally wrong, but in a way close. I own a company that services Overhead cranes in factories, and there a components of the crane system called the runway. So I do a lot of climbing, lifting walking this is huge equipment some lift 290 tons and I have worked on some that lift 500 tons that equals 1 million pounds.

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 02:20 AM
I feel so short in this thread. :(

How tall are u?

njshadow
I gotta say, Sonic was a really good game for me. When you find something you love as a kid you often imitate it and you would almost ALWAYS see me jettin' down the street or in the school yard. I ALWAYS pushed to be the fastest. Most of the time no one could touch me.

patch
I really don't think surgery should even be considered at this point. I don't think Cody is going to leave her any time soon, and its expensive and dangerous to do a surgery like that.

Just need to work at it.

patch
03-26-2008, 02:21 AM
How tall are u?

5'6" :(

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 02:22 AM

are u female?

magunwarrior
03-26-2008, 02:23 AM

hahahahahaha

heyseuss
03-26-2008, 02:23 AM
Hmmm, close to me, I'm 6'2"-6'3" 190 lbs. I'm really trying to build muscle now. And to think I was TRYING to gain weight last year. Now I want it gone! :eek:

Yeh, I've gained about 20 in the past 2 years. 6'2 185. It was all muscle, then it 'fell' and now I can't do some of my pants up.

patch
03-26-2008, 02:25 AM
are u female?

1. Ouch...

hahahahahaha

2. Ouch...

I'm gonna go cry now.

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 02:26 AM
Yeh, I've gained about 20 in the past 2 years. 6'2 185. It was all muscle, then it 'fell' and now I can't do some of my pants up.

damn 6'2" 185 that is skinny....well gotta buy bigger pants. I used to be 165# until I started my business and I don't have to work as much manual labor.

heyseuss
03-26-2008, 02:26 AM
hahahahahaha

I find it funny that you are laughing at him.

lordbyron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
5'6"
are u female?

OW! Fuckers.

I guess I don't owe you any more stabs Patch.

ericjosepi
03-26-2008, 02:28 AM
I'm gonna go cry now.

Aaaw! Do you need a hug? Or wanna make out?

patch
03-26-2008, 02:29 AM
Why is everyone attacking me!? :(

njshadow
03-26-2008, 02:30 AM

WE WANT THE TRUTH!!!!!

(C'mon finish that line, you know you want to.....:D)

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 02:31 AM
1. Ouch...

2. Ouch...

I'm gonna go cry now.

so ur not female? oooops well my family is all Italian I am the tallest in the history of them. my father is 5'7"

patch
03-26-2008, 02:31 AM
WE WANT THE TRUTH!!!!!

(C'mon finish that line, you know you want to.....:D)

YOU CAN'T HANDLE MY PENIS!!!!

njshadow
03-26-2008, 02:32 AM
Patch is a dude.....

When lordbyron said "Are u female" I was like "So that's why!". :D:D

magunwarrior

Yeah, its too small to hold.

lordbyron

Patch I am truly sorry, I did not know, I thought I read u were female...sorry...now I feel bad

patch
Patch I will defend ya, screw the others!

I thought you weren't allowed to be gay?

ericjosepi

I'm not attacking... I wanted to make out!

patch
03-26-2008, 02:33 AM
Yeah, its too small to hold.

I guess I kinda walked into that one.

patch
03-26-2008, 02:33 AM

Ask Badge. I don't swing that way.

Side note: Where the fuck has this thread gone?

njshadow
03-26-2008, 02:34 AM

Oh, so THAT'S how you role!? :D

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 02:34 AM

blaa people who talk about their penis usually have small ones. Proven fact.

patch
03-26-2008, 02:35 AM
blaa people who talk about their penis usually have small ones. Proven fact.

I thought it was expensive sports cars?

njshadow
03-26-2008, 02:35 AM
Side note: Where the fuck has this thread gone?

Blackfox 2.0

magunwarrior
03-26-2008, 02:36 AM
Blackfox 2.0

False, nothing is better than blackfox.

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 02:36 AM
I thought it was expensive sports cars?

Thats a mid life crisis

patch
03-26-2008, 02:38 AM
Thats a mid life crisis

Well I probably won't make it to 20. Why don't I have one yet!? :(

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 02:40 AM
Well I probably won't make it to 20. Why don't I have one yet!? :(

well you gotta be able to afford 1 first.

ericjosepi
03-26-2008, 02:41 AM
Oh, so THAT'S how you role!? :D

Who's gay? I just wanna make out!

patch
03-26-2008, 02:42 AM

Well I could have a few years ago. Ahh, drug money. :p

heyseuss
03-26-2008, 02:42 AM

He's walking around telling ppl that he is short and they can't handle his penis - sounds like he's having one.

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 02:45 AM
He's walking around telling ppl that he is short and they can't handle his penis - sounds like he's having one.

Yea sounds like it to me....He may need the little blue pill now

magunwarrior
03-26-2008, 02:46 AM

He would have to be having sex to need that.

heyseuss
03-26-2008, 02:46 AM

Whoa, sounds like Eric's going to get more than just making out.

patch
03-26-2008, 02:47 AM

....I don't need help with that.

patch
03-26-2008, 02:48 AM
Okay, you guys are being big meanies.

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 02:49 AM

Not me :cool:

ericjosepi
03-26-2008, 02:50 AM

So... no tongue tonight then?

heyseuss
03-26-2008, 02:51 AM

*sniff sniff*, I thought rev3 was non-smoking. I smell something burning.

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 02:52 AM
So... no tongue tonight then?

no comment......

ericjosepi
03-26-2008, 03:03 AM
Haha! Alright, I'm done...

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 03:15 AM
Haha! Alright, I'm done...

wow that was quick :D

ericjosepi
03-26-2008, 03:19 AM
wow that was quick :D

ZING! Well played sir!

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 03:20 AM
ZING! Well played sir!

Thanks I get a good one every now and then

skyz
03-26-2008, 04:24 AM
Even I know that much...............didn't really perceive her as the sensitive type.

all girls who express concern about how they look are the the sensitive tpe :rolleyes:

diane
03-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Okay, first back off of Patch, grrrr.

Second, Aria, I kinda agree in some parts with the second post. The only way to prevent loose skin is to workout while loosing the weight. But there is a way. I recommend getting the Firm videos. They are a combo of cardio and toning. I would do a video like 5 times a week. I also remember you liking dancing, so I would also recommend the NYC ballet video. Both are hard, but your skin needs a jolt. Studies have shown (I know, I know, but I don't have the link off hand-but I think 60 second science did a thing on it) that exercise can actually trigger the cells to rejuvenate. If you are having issues with outfits and stuff, pm me, I know this great website that can help calculate the right size for certain needed equipment and such.

And lastly, yoga. At least once a week. I recommend Inhale by Steve Ross. I think it is on the Style Network, so it is free and he is really good. Your body has been through a lot and stretching your muscles will also help. Plus there is something really fun about being able to bend in all sorts of fun ways in front of the guy you like. ;)

But if you are serious about this, then it will involve you working out pretty much every day. There is no real skin firming process. All those lotions and such don't really work. If they did they would have to go through the FDA in order to be proven and sold. And the all natural crap is the same. And as for surgeries, you would be replacing the loose skin for scars. I have never worn a bikini, even though I am built for one, because of a scar on my tummy from a surgery when I was four. Don't think that scars are any less weird to get over.

You can do it. Just stay focused and know this is for you. Just imagine how you will feel after the workout and you can do it.

patch
03-26-2008, 01:23 PM

TAKE THAT! :D

skyz
03-26-2008, 02:54 PM

Second, Aria, I kinda agree in some parts with the second post. The only way to prevent loose skin is to workout while loosing the weight. But there is a way. I recommend getting the Firm videos. They are a combo of cardio and toning. I would do a video like 5 times a week. I also remember you liking dancing, so I would also recommend the NYC ballet video. Both are hard, but your skin needs a jolt. Studies have shown (I know, I know, but I don't have the link off hand-but I think 60 second science did a thing on it) that exercise can actually trigger the cells to rejuvenate. If you are having issues with outfits and stuff, pm me, I know this great website that can help calculate the right size for certain needed equipment and such.

And lastly, yoga. At least once a week. I recommend Inhale by Steve Ross. I think it is on the Style Network, so it is free and he is really good. Your body has been through a lot and stretching your muscles will also help. Plus there is something really fun about being able to bend in all sorts of fun ways in front of the guy you like. ;)

But if you are serious about this, then it will involve you working out pretty much every day. There is no real skin firming process. All those lotions and such don't really work. If they did they would have to go through the FDA in order to be proven and sold. And the all natural crap is the same. And as for surgeries, you would be replacing the loose skin for scars. I have never worn a bikini, even though I am built for one, because of a scar on my tummy from a surgery when I was four. Don't think that scars are any less weird to get over.

You can do it. Just stay focused and know this is for you. Just imagine how you will feel after the workout and you can do it.

to summarize:

it is possible with considerable effort applied over a considerable amount of time

doctors lawyers and phds slog through one class at a time

the great cathedrals of europe were built over lifetimes of craftsmen and artists

as far as surgery: plastic surgeons are surgeons they are not for the most part great artists - it is not like a haircut that you can grow out and try some other cutter

one disagreement though the 'natural crap' is not exactly useless in fact there are many quite efficacious natural remedies

vitamins and herbs might help aria along with extended effort

for your scar :)

try rubbing some comfrey drops on that scar regularly for a year or so and get back to me :)

patch
03-26-2008, 03:32 PM
one disagreement though the 'natural crap' is not exactly useless in fact there are many quite efficacious natural remedies

try rubbing some comfrey drops on that scar regularly for a year or so and get back to me :)

"the natural crap" doesn't have to go through medical trials to be put on the market (something this country can't get through its fucking skull). It just needs to be approved for human consumption. Plants, can be medicine, but see, medical science has surpassed that of the evolution of plants in so many ways.

Snake oil + hard work = success + wasted money. Just try hard work and eating right. You can get all the vitamins you need from a healthy diet.

If you dance outside long enough, it will eventually rain, that doesn't mean your dancing caused it.

xibalba
03-26-2008, 04:05 PM
If you dance outside long enough, it will eventually rain, that doesn't mean your dancing caused it.

It might have caused it never know. :p

skyz
03-26-2008, 04:12 PM
"the natural crap" doesn't have to go through medical trials to be put on the market (something this country can't get through its fucking skull). It just needs to be approved for human consumption. Plants, can be medicine, but see, medical science has surpassed that of the evolution of plants in so many ways.

Snake oil + hard work = success + wasted money. Just try hard work and eating right. You can get all the vitamins you need from a healthy diet.

patch your argument is full of holes

first of all medical science has not gone beyond the lowly plant and it never will go totally beyond

science will never replace the miracle of photosynthesis ever

many high priced rx's come from plants

and for aeons before there were doctors with medical malpractice insurance there were medicine women and men using herbs for healing

and yes you can get your vitamins from food if you eat extremely well AND are already healthy

that is not the case with aria

she does not nourish herself and she has been quite seriously ill

i use herbs myself

and i am thin very pretty very smart and extremely healthy

i got through one killing math exam by taking a lot of gota kola

i know it works from experience not theory

eat a peach

skyz
03-26-2008, 04:27 PM
It might have caused it never know. :p

right ;)

if by 'you' he meant me

then it would be foolhardy to underestimate that girl dancing in the rain

patch
03-26-2008, 04:49 PM
patch your argument is full of holes

first of all medical science has not gone beyond the lowly plant and it never will go totally beyond

science will never replace the miracle of photosynthesis ever

many high priced rx's come from plants

and for aeons before there were doctors with medical malpractice insurance there were medicine women and men using herbs for healing

and yes you can get your vitamins from food if you eat extremely well AND are already healthy

that is not the case with aria

she does not nourish herself and she has been quite seriously ill

i use herbs myself

and i am thin very pretty very smart and extremely healthy

i got through one killing math exam by taking a lot of gota kola

i know it works from experience not theory

eat a peach

Okay, so seem to have missread. I said medical science. I never said science can take the place of plants. We need photosynthesis for life to continue, but photosynthesis won't cure your cold. Also, photosynthesis is not a miracle, its evolution in action.

Yes, many medicines us concentrated extracts from plants, but that is different from herbal medicines.

Yes, there were medicine men and women before modern medical science, but modern medical science has surpassed that, as I stated earlier.

You said she doesn't nourish her self, well the key to that isn't taking pills, modern or otherwise, its to changing the behaviour.

So, were you sick, stupid and ugly before you ever started taking herbs? I really doubt it.

Some people think saying some words to an invisible being somehow makes things work out for them, doesn't make it true.

It might have caused it never know.:p

right ;)

if by 'you' he meant me

then it would be foolhardy to underestimate that girl dancing in the rain

Well, let me make a claim then. Its actually invisible magical pixies in the clouds, and they grab onto water in the clouds and throw it down to the ground. Well, you never know, it could be true. Or maybe it rains because I have a large freckle on my right thigh? Oh! Oh! How about, it rains, because dolphins sing into the air and it causes coulds to litterally break into tiny pieces.

Just because "it could be" or "you never know" doesn't mean it should be at all favored. The stance of scepticism is the intelligent stance to take.

I still like you a lot btw skyz. :p

EDIT: I meant "you" in a general sense of the word. Not you specificaly.

xibalba
03-26-2008, 05:18 PM
The pixie theory is right and real. I know for a fact it is. I can see them I got one on my shoulder talking to me right now.

masherscf
03-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Well, let me make a claim then. Its actually invisible magical pixies in the clouds, and they grab onto water in the clouds and throw it down to the ground. Well, you never know, it could be true. Or maybe it rains because I have a large freckle on my right thigh? Oh! Oh! How about, it rains, because dolphins sing into the air and it causes coulds to litterally break into tiny pieces.

Every time Patch posts to this thread, a faerie dies... :(

ericjosepi
03-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Every time Patch posts to this thread, a faerie dies... :(

Someone check Joel!!!

That's so mean...

masherscf
03-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Someone check Joel!!!

That's so mean...

Only because he's at work and can't defend himself...

xibalba
03-26-2008, 05:42 PM
http://www.cactusmountain.com/Photos/Cards/RainDance.jpg
http://wabcmsal.org/pastorblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/Rain%20Dance.jpg
Look It worked :D
http://icons-pe.wunderground.com/data/wximagenew/w/wolf12107/9.jpg

radzack
03-26-2008, 05:44 PM
I love touch screens

rabidbadger
03-26-2008, 09:48 PM
why do I keep being mentioned in this thread. what? you all want me. come get me...

:)

iccanui
03-26-2008, 11:21 PM
Reading this thread reminds me of fight club

http://www.justsomedude.org/pub/Vids/isthataman.mp4

Dont be so harsh on yourself is all im saying.

diane
03-27-2008, 02:49 PM

I understand completely, I myself can feel a difference if I don't take my GNC Women's Multivitamin. Where I get concerned is in the realm of dieting and beauty items. Many of the "natural" solutions frankly do very little if anything and many can be quite dangerous. I have heard over and over, "but its all natural". Well arsenic is all natural and it can still kill you. I see the effects that these products can have on people every time I go to a hospital. For some strange reason people seem to think that they can just pop anything that is herbal with anything else and there will be no negative side effects. Working in the health care industry it is the one thing that worries me more than anything since it is becoming more and more accepted and there is very little education about. People seem to get that you shouldn't drink while on pain killers, but there are many herbal supplements you shouldn't take either.

As the years go on I hope that there is more studies concerning herbal supplements because I do believe that many can have an impact. But just like any medication, one herbal supplement will not work for everybody in the same way. Also, many don't do squat. Anecdotal evidence cannot be the only reason why a cancer patient decides to take a herbal supplement to get rid of the cancer or more traditional methods. I would love it these herbs come to be found to be useful and help people, but right now, there is no proof for many of them. And since there is no proof, there is no regulation, and without regulation there are a lot of companies that claim to be selling 1000 mcg of Biotin, and when tested, its doesn't even contain 100mcg. That is sad because it is what is filling of the rest of that pill that could really be causing a reaction to something and there is no way to really know.

There is much we still need to learn about these items, but we have to proceed with caution. I know I just get tired of seeing teenage girls in ERs because they have taken some all natural diet pills and are now having a reaction. They are simply too easy of prey.

tokenuser
03-27-2008, 03:37 PM
From the "Never in America (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=546589&in_page_id=1879)" department ... she probably wont win (which is a pity - I am sick and tired of androgynous females trying to look like pubescent teenage boys), but I hope she inspires women to have a more positive self image.

skyz
03-27-2008, 04:22 PM
From the "Never in America (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=546589&in_page_id=1879)" department ... she probably wont win (which is a pity - I am sick and tired of androgynous females trying to look like pubescent teenage boys), but I hope she inspires women to have a more positive self image.

when i had short hair and wore levi's 501s and t shirts for my 'uniform' i looked like a pretty boy from the back - gay guys would come around me and when they saw my front was def girl :D they were a tad upset

so often you see pretty girls some might call 'fat' but they have beautiful skin and hair shiny eyes and real smiles

njshadow
03-27-2008, 04:31 PM
all girls who express concern about how they look are the the sensitive tpe :rolleyes:

Yeah, I knew that too. Sill didn't consider her that type. :rolleyes:

skyz
03-27-2008, 04:33 PM
I understand completely, I myself can feel a difference if I don't take my GNC Women's Multivitamin. Where I get concerned is in the realm of dieting and beauty items. Many of the "natural" solutions frankly do very little if anything and many can be quite dangerous. I have heard over and over, "but its all natural". Well arsenic is all natural and it can still kill you. I see the effects that these products can have on people every time I go to a hospital. For some strange reason people seem to think that they can just pop anything that is herbal with anything else and there will be no negative side effects. Working in the health care industry it is the one thing that worries me more than anything since it is becoming more and more accepted and there is very little education about. People seem to get that you shouldn't drink while on pain killers, but there are many herbal supplements you shouldn't take either.

As the years go on I hope that there is more studies concerning herbal supplements because I do believe that many can have an impact. But just like any medication, one herbal supplement will not work for everybody in the same way. Also, many don't do squat. Anecdotal evidence cannot be the only reason why a cancer patient decides to take a herbal supplement to get rid of the cancer or more traditional methods. I would love it these herbs come to be found to be useful and help people, but right now, there is no proof for many of them. And since there is no proof, there is no regulation, and without regulation there are a lot of companies that claim to be selling 1000 mcg of Biotin, and when tested, its doesn't even contain 100mcg. That is sad because it is what is filling of the rest of that pill that could really be causing a reaction to something and there is no way to really know.

There is much we still need to learn about these items, but we have to proceed with caution. I know I just get tired of seeing teenage girls in ERs because they have taken some all natural diet pills and are now having a reaction. They are simply too easy of prey.

herbs are not a substitute for medical intervention when it is required

herbs are gentler and useful for imbalances that are not life threatening

i got into them to help my asthma i got lots of books and did a lot of research

herbs seem to be able to do something medical doctors can't - they can build health - medical doctors can only keep things from getting worse they cannot restore healthy vibrancy

in fact many people think that health cannot be improved at all that they can't be healthier next year or in five years than they are today

but herbs like over the counter medicines can't be taken indescriminately

many universities including the u of miami have added alternative medicine courses

skyz
03-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Yeah, I knew that too. Sill didn't consider her that type. :rolleyes:

hints don't seemed to be working here so:

aria is an extremely sensitive person

patch
03-27-2008, 04:51 PM
herbs are not a substitute for medical intervention when it is required

herbs are gentler and useful for imbalances that are not life threatening

i got into them to help my asthma i got lots of books and did a lot of research

herbs seem to be able to do something medical doctors can't - they can build health - medical doctors can only keep things from getting worse they cannot restore healthy vibrancy

in fact many people think that health cannot be improved at all that they can't be healthier next year or in five years than they are today

but herbs like over the counter medicines can't be taken indescriminately

many universities including the u of miami have added alternative medicine courses

What are you talking about? I get bronchitis almost yearly and I take modern medicine and it builds my health back up. Honestly, what you just said is that modern medicine can't make your life better, only herbs can. Thats just not true. Hell, I had tonsillitis not too long ago, used modern medicine and got better.

If you're going to claim that herbs "are not a substitute for medical intervention when it is required", then that shows you really don't feel herbs are better than modern medicine.

There are also such things as "bible colleges", that doesn't make them, or what their teachings are based on, credible. I can get a doctorate from the Universal Life Church online for $30.00. So, if I get one, I can start calling my self Dr. Patch. Does that make me credible as a doctor? I mean, I'd have a doctorate.

masherscf
03-27-2008, 04:56 PM
There are also such things as "bible colleges", that doesn't make them, or what their teachings are based on, credible. I can get a doctorate from the Universal Life Church online for $30.00. So, if I get one, I can start calling my self Dr. Patch. Does that make me credible as a doctor? I mean, I'd have a doctorate.

There is such thing as accreditation. But, I guess...yes. But there are lots of people with Ph.Ds that are dumbass.. like me.

tokenuser
03-27-2008, 05:06 PM
What are you talking about? I get bronchitis almost yearly and I take modern medicine and it builds my health back up. Honestly, what you just said is that modern medicine can't make your life better, only herbs can. Thats just not true. Hell, I had tonsillitis not too long ago, used modern medicine and got better.

If you're going to claim that herbs "are not a substitute for medical intervention when it is required", then that shows you really don't feel herbs are better than modern medicine.

There are also such things as "bible colleges", that doesn't make them, or what their teachings are based on, credible. I can get a doctorate from the Universal Life Church online for $30.00. So, if I get one, I can start calling my self Dr. Patch. Does that make me credible as a doctor? I mean, I'd have a doctorate.Wow.

skyz is talking about preventative medicine, you are talking about treating symptoms. You get bronchitis every year ... did ever ask why? Ever ask ... is there anything I can do to strenghten my immune system to reduce the incidence or severity of an attack? The pharma industry doesn't like it (unless you are buying vitamin supplements from them), but diet plays a huge part, and herbs are part of that. [Quick link via google (http://www.herbalremediesinfo.com/Bronchitis.html)].

I am not getting rid of my pills and medicine in a hurry (I have hypertension that is controlled via medication, and recurring kidneystone). Herbs make no difference and can in fact harm my blood pressure (so I need to read labels carfully). Western medicine has a place, but skyz is not talking about "becoming a holistic medical professional". The course she is talking about is at an established university. Lots of medical colleges now have course in alternate medicine - herbs, accupuncture, etc. I go to a chiropractor regularly, and am surprised that that is considered an alternate medicine in the US - in Australia it is considered "sports medicine" and is just as valid as seeing an MD.

BTW - You can get a PhD from one of those places if you like. It will cost you $300 and a week to write about your "life experiences". You can even call yourself Dr Patch if it boosts your ego ...

heyseuss
03-27-2008, 05:14 PM
I go to a chiropractor regularly, and am surprised that that is considered an alternate medicine in the US - in Australia it is considered "sports medicine" and is just as valid as seeing an MD.

.. . . and physiotherapists are almost doctors. They have their own practices and are highly trained, here, they are out of work actors giving rub-downs and have a fold-up bed in the trunk of their car. I worked for the Brisbane Bullets ( australian prof basketball ) team doc/physio, back in the day.

I met Brooke Shields at my chiropractor, she was before me on the timesheet. I showed up 5 mins early, and she showed up 2 mins after me late for he appt. The doctor told her she'd have to wait til after I was done because my slot was starting when she arrived and I shouldn't have to wait cus she was late, she turned to me and said she was sorry and begged to go first, I said, "you were my first boy-girl thing when I was 8, and I still have it for you now so hell yeah you can go", and she turned pink and got sweaty in about 30 secs.

lordbyron
03-27-2008, 07:28 PM
when they saw my front was def girl :D

Oh really....hmmmmm...I wanna see ur front too.... :p

njshadow
03-27-2008, 07:43 PM
hints don't seemed to be working here so:

aria is an extremely sensitive person

No, you don't have to hint. I pretty much got that from the start. Just take a gander at the "General" Section. :rolleyes:

rabidbadger
03-27-2008, 10:25 PM
fun story. dude told you on chat, but now public. Write a book!!! will be so fun...