PDA

View Full Version : 2 Sides....

lordbyron
03-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Wow there are literally 2 sides in this forum and at any given time one side steps up and and takes a pot shot at the other and the other cries trolling. Then the next thread the rolls are reversed.

Sometimes it truly is trolling but sometimes is just a counter point and gets called trolling. Forums are great places to get a lot of different opinions and adult debates on any given subject. But it seems in this forum when the other side does offer up it opinion its instantly trolling.

I find myself having to put disclaimers in some of my posts just so it won't be considered trolling, when all I want to do is add my opnion.(and yes I am very opinionated)

I am not saying we all have to get along like best friends but lets respect others feeling and rights to post their opinions on this board. And not act like children and cry every time someone does not agree with you.

I for one agree with both sides on certain subjects. I may agree with side A on one subject but side B on another.

Any time you post you leave yourself open for a difference of opinion. Just like now I am leaving myself very open to get bashed here but it was my choice to post this. If you don't agree with this then feel free to post your opinion, I am a big boy I can take it, but on the other hand if you do post and disagree with me I have the right to disagree with you. Thats the beauty of it. I am not going to take it personally, unless you attack me personally.

samureye
03-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Doesn't matter what other people. It only matters what the staff of the forums think. No need to put a disclaimer if you know what you're posting is well intentioned, the moderators are smart enough to know when people are intentionally being trolls or not,

patch
03-25-2008, 07:36 PM
What, specifically, are you talking about? Last I saw someone say trolling was when NJ compaired Aria to Fat Bastard...

lets respect others feeling

Main Entry: 1re·spect
Pronunciation: \ri-ˈspekt\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin respectus, literally, act of looking back, from respicere to look back, regard, from re- + specere to look — more at spy
Date: 14th century
1: a relation or reference to a particular thing or situation <remarks having respect to an earlier plan>
2: an act of giving particular attention : consideration
3 a: high or special regard : esteem b: the quality or state of being esteemed cplural : expressions of respect or deference <paid our respects>
4: particular, detail <a good plan in some respects>

Main Entry: 2respect
Function: transitive verb
Date: 1560
1 a: to consider worthy of high regard : esteem b: to refrain from interfering with <please respect their privacy>
2: to have reference to : concern

Earn it first.

and rights to post their opinions on this board.

Posting on this board is not a right. It is privatly owned, and does not have to adheer to the first amendment.

And not act like children and cry every time someone does not agree with you.

That was the arugment from those of us that aren't for any of the religion preached on the board...

lordbyron
03-25-2008, 07:43 PM
Posting on this board is not a right. It is privatly owned, and does not have to adheer to the first amendment.

My point there is that I have as much right to post here as you do(unless you own it)

That was the arugment from those of us that aren't for any of the religion preached on the board...

I was not bringing any specifics up it happens on almost any thread. And I don't want to even come close to the religion topic.

lordbyron
03-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Doesn't matter what other people. It only matters what the staff of the forums think. No need to put a disclaimer if you know what you're posting is well intentioned, the moderators are smart enough to know when people are intentionally being trolls or not,

Fair enough!

njshadow
03-25-2008, 07:45 PM
What, specifically, are you talking about? Last I saw someone say trolling was when NJ compaired Aria to Fat Bastard...

I wasn't comparing her! It just reminded me of him when he lost the weight on the Subway diet with the hanging skin, geeze!

lordbyron
03-25-2008, 07:53 PM

Was he trolling or did you assume he was. Or was he making a funny, Remember the whole "Humor" thing.

That is a perfect example of the 2 sides. Instead of asking him what he meant you assumed what he meant.

I personally don't always agree with Aria but I do respect what she says. And I give here all credit in the world for losing the weight. Its not easy to do.

patch
03-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Well four people took it as such and voiced it. If it's that easily taken as such, it's most likely something you shouldn't post.

xibalba
03-25-2008, 07:57 PM
It's still insulting humor or not. So have been so many threads on both sides. Yet both sides keep it going when it should be stopped.

njshadow
03-25-2008, 07:59 PM
Well four people took it as such and voiced it. If it's that easily taken as such, it's most likely something you shouldn't post.

I really find that people on these boards have a hard time admitting when their wrong and apologizing. I had NO ill intent with that pic but I went ahead and deleted it anyway.

njshadow
03-25-2008, 07:59 PM
It's still insulting humor or not. So have been so many threads on both sides. Yet both sides keep it going when it should be stopped.

I deleted it, I'm trying to be the better person. Like I said, I had no ill intent with it.

lordbyron
03-25-2008, 08:00 PM
I don't know if he did or didn't but I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I did not want this thread a way to flame others, just a comments on my observations.

scoobydiesel
03-25-2008, 08:08 PM
I still say we should just get along be friends hug..do whatever..watch out great geeky shows.

maybe just try an not post retarded stuff that might offend others or something.

meh i give up -_-

xibalba
03-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Right now is a very fragile time best to avoid anything that may be considered insulting to people. I admit the ZJD thread was quite trollish and insulting but I still posted in it. We need to let things settle and try to bring some peace back to the forums. We are here for couple of things watching shows and discussing them and enjoying ourselves. Not brickering or constantly fighting over things.

ericjosepi
not post retarded stuff

But then my funny thread would fall straight down the shit tubes.

lordbyron
Hey scooby my football team can beat your football team.....I am a Colts fan.

masherscf
03-25-2008, 08:13 PM
maybe just try an not post retarded stuff that might offend others or something.

Careful, I'll delete the use of the word "retarded" if I think it's used in an insensitive fashion...

samureye
03-25-2008, 08:14 PM
Careful, I'll delete the use of the word "retarded" if I think it's used in an insensitive fashion...
Weeeeee!

lordbyron
03-25-2008, 08:15 PM
But then my funny thread would fall straight down the shit tubes.

Naaa I like that thread....Some of its retarded but hey no bickering in there....

tokenuser
03-25-2008, 08:22 PM
Right now is a very fragile time best to avoid anything that may be considered insulting to people. I admit the ZJD thread was quite trollish and insulting but I still posted in it. We need to let things settle and try to bring some peace back to the forums. We are here for couple of things watching shows and discussing them and enjoying ourselves. Not brickering or constantly fighting over things.http://www.squatorange.com/images/stories/tshirtlogos/207-peas.png

patch
03-25-2008, 08:24 PM

penii...:p

scoobydiesel
03-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Hey scooby my football team can beat your football team.....I am a Colts fan.

the colts days are numberd, might not be the jags but someone will be knocking them down.

the afc south was just so strong last season.

xibalba
03-25-2008, 08:58 PM
http://www.squatorange.com/images/stories/tshirtlogos/207-peas.png

Oh Noes you angered them.
http://a830.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/1/m_bb78106133cbc410bac5c9e582fe85cd.jpg

lordbyron
03-25-2008, 08:59 PM
the colts days are numberd, might not be the jags but someone will be knocking them down.

the afc south was just so strong last season.

Yes the AFC south was the strongest div. Yes the colts days are numbered but thats not until Peyton retires...

njshadow
03-25-2008, 09:05 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S
EAGLES!!!!!

scoobydiesel
03-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Yes the AFC south was the strongest div. Yes the colts days are numbered but thats not until Peyton retires...

With Bret gone, Peyton is the only one right now that count match or break his streak of starts, so i wonder if he will miss a game this season, be very interesting to see the year without 4 is a whole new year for a streak.

But yeah Peyton is damn good. Just hope for some good games ahead and maybe something fresh.(texan's FTW...lmao...no...)

njshadow
03-25-2008, 09:19 PM
Has this turned into one of those random vortex threads?

DayDeeDay! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MymMhj3Vgww)

ericjosepi
03-25-2008, 09:21 PM
goooOOOOOooooo Roughrideers

lordbyron
03-25-2008, 09:23 PM
With Bret gone, Peyton is the only one right now that count match or break his streak of starts, so i wonder if he will miss a game this season, be very interesting to see the year without 4 is a whole new year for a streak.

But yeah Peyton is damn good. Just hope for some good games ahead and maybe something fresh.(texan's FTW...lmao...no...)

Peyton has a good line in front of him...he hardly gets touched...hard to get hurt that way...still can tho..but also he is a pretty big guy also, 6'5" 235# so he is not like a piece of glass back there. And I bet if he is a little hurt he will play like the the legend #4 did. I think the game of the century was when the Peyton played Farve on a monday night game.. one would throw a 60 yard bomb then the other would match the pass....but the Colts won :)

njshadow
03-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Peyton has a good line in front of him...he hardly gets touched...hard to get hurt that way...still can tho..but also he is a pretty big guy also, 6'5" 235# so he is not like a piece of glass back there. And I bet if he is a little hurt he will play like the the legend #4 did. I think the game of the century was when the Peyton played Farve on a monday night game.. one would throw a 60 yard bomb then the other would match the pass....but the Colts won :)

I wish Garcia could find a stable/good team to play on. If he had the team to back him up I say he'd be a Super Bowl caliber QB. When he took over for McNabb that one year it was like we couldn't lose! (Until of course we lost to New Orleans)

ericjosepi
03-25-2008, 09:27 PM
Peyton has a good line in front of him...he hardly gets touched...

So did Brady... then they SHIT THE BED during the Super Duper Bowl!

lordbyron
03-25-2008, 09:29 PM

Yea but his line is old...Colts have the second youngest team in the NFL. Packers were the youngest, even younger now that the old man Brett retired... :)

lordbyron
03-25-2008, 09:31 PM

Brady is good....but I just wish someone would hit him with an ugly stick...he is so stuck on himself.

ryudo
03-25-2008, 11:16 PM

Go Titans!

With Dinger back as OC (the OC from when the titans scored 435 points and got an injured Air Mcnair a co MVP) and a strong D I see good things for them ..and yes I do believe as much as I hate it the jags will be the one to beat for the AFC south title..for a second year in a row the Titans won more game than the colts in the division (4-2 vs the colts 3-3) and going to the playoffs last year I think it will be great year for us..much better than last year....esp with vince no longer shackled under chows offense...he will be unleashed with dinger.;)

lordbyron
03-25-2008, 11:18 PM
[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Go Titans!

Oh no not a Titans fan!

radzack
03-26-2008, 12:45 AM
There are 100's of users on this forum.

In all honesty I think about 5 of you give a damn about any of this. I really am dissapointed that there is another topic keeping this bullshit going.

samureye
03-26-2008, 12:54 AM
Enough of the bickering, enough of the talking about bickering. Move on. Anything more on the matter will be deleted/locked.

njshadow
03-26-2008, 12:57 AM
Enough of the bickering, enough of the talking about bickering. Move on. Anything more on the matter will be deleted/locked.

ROGER THAT CAPTAIN!

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 01:03 AM
I like the football talk...and for those of u not in America, I like the American Football talk.

ryudo
03-26-2008, 01:03 AM
Oh no not a Titans fan!

:p

Not like I hang around those Titans forums much..most the people are dumb or jerks and esp at the official forums the admin (yvette) is a real C**t she sets all these rules breaks them herself then bans people she does not like for no reason...I was banned for this quote from an anime called cowboy beebop in response to a guy bashing our team with vulgar insults..yet she banned me..anyway here is the quote.

"Spike: He was just all alone. He couldn't enjoy a game with anyone else. Like living in a dream... That's the kind of man he was... "

haha but yeah I love the Titans.:)

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 01:04 AM
What would make this better is NASCAR and football talk

njshadow
03-26-2008, 01:05 AM
I like the football talk...and for those of u not in America, I like the American Football talk.

Well, you know where I stand. I'm loyal to my Eagles. But c'mon, really, there aren't many fans like Philly fans. Admit it! :D

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 01:06 AM
:p

Not like I hang around those Titans forums much..most the people are dumb or jerks and esp at the official forums the admin (yvette) is a real C**t she sets all these rules breaks them herself then bans people she does not like for no reason...I was banned for this quote from an anime called cowboy beebop in response to a guy bashing our team with vulgar insults..yet she banned me..anyway here is the quote.

"Spike: He was just all alone. He couldn't enjoy a game with anyone else. Like living in a dream... That's the kind of man he was... "

Hmmm all of the Titan-Colts games I have been to the Titan fan have been real cool I have been to about 8 of them...

njshadow
03-26-2008, 01:09 AM
What would make this better is NASCAR and football talk

My Dad loves Nascar. But really, what would really make this thread great is Football, Nascar, and the NHL.

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 01:09 AM
Well, you know where I stand. I'm loyal to my Eagles. But c'mon, really, there aren't many fans like Philly fans. Admit it! :D

The Eagle fans are rough...They have a good quarterback and they wanna run him out of town, when most teams don't even have a quarterback with half the skills of McNabb.

njshadow
03-26-2008, 01:11 AM
The Eagle fans are rough...They have a good quarterback and they wanna run him out of town, when most teams don't even have a quarterback with half the skills of McNabb.

Yeah man, playing for the Eagles should be mandatory for rookies. One season in Philly = a full performance evaluation. LOL, but actually even if your great, once you lose a game for us your in the bottom of the barrel until you win again! :D

ryudo
Hmmm all of the Titan-Colts games I have been to the Titan fan have been real cool I have been to about 8 of them...

Thing is about people in that state (and why my mom who was born in tennessee and I have been there many times) is that they act so nice up front ..more so than most people but just as quick turn into some of the nastiest most back stabbing people.
Main reason my mom left that state in her youth. :confused:

lordbyron
My Dad loves Nascar. But really, what would really make this thread great is Football, Nascar, and the NHL.

I like NHL too. I played hockey for 15 years...I had many scholarship offers to play hockey and many letters for tryout for farm teams.

njshadow
03-26-2008, 01:13 AM
I like NHL too. I played hockey for 15 years...I had many scholarship offers to play hockey and many letters for tryout for farm teams.

I'm AWESOME at hockey. One problem though. I CAN'T SKATE. I would have definitely gone for a hockey scholarship if I could actually skate. I've never even been on ice skates, only roller blades.

ryudo
03-26-2008, 01:16 AM
I'm AWESOME at hockey. One problem though. I CAN'T SKATE. I would have definitely gone for a hockey scholarship if I could actually skate. I've never even been on ice skates, only roller blades.

I'm confused isn't that like saying you're great at basketball but can't dribble..would that not make you bad as a player?

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 01:17 AM
Thing is about people in that state (and why my mom who was born in tennessee and I have been there many times) is that they act so nice up front ..more so than most people but just as quick turn into some of the nastiest most back stabbing people.
Main reason my mom left that state in her youth. :confused:

I love that state. Tennessee is one of the schools that I will allow my son to goto.

xibalba
03-26-2008, 01:18 AM
Tennessee is boring well Knoxville is.

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 01:23 AM
Tennessee is where I got married and when we applied for the license the guy said "I hear yall wanna get hiched"

xibalba
03-26-2008, 01:31 AM
thats how we talk. I use yall alot on the forums hah

njshadow
03-26-2008, 01:34 AM
Xibalba every time I see your posts, even though you've changed your avatar, your pic reminds me of............

http://www.cardcheaters.com/images/products/jillette-penn.jpg

Is it just me? Has anyone ever said that you looked like him?

skyz
03-26-2008, 01:35 AM

my ex bf's family were from georgia and after living with him and his family i started talking like that too :D

njshadow

Have you ever heard of "Kingston Springs"? That was like the definition of a Hillbilly Town. Kinda spooky. We stayed in a hotel there on our way to Texas one time.

ryudo
I love to visit there,but couldn't live there.

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 01:47 AM

I talk like that too, 15 years in Indy and I traveled and spent a lot of time in the south. My wife is from Georgia. Now that I am in Chicago I always get asked where are you from. Like I am from a different country.

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 01:49 AM
I love to visit there,but couldn't live there.

Oh I love the south, everyone is friendly compared to Chicago. It is so laid back down there.

xibalba
03-26-2008, 01:49 AM
Nope never been told I look like Penn hah
Hmm I dunno
http://www.dxibalba.com/me.jpghttp://www.cardcheaters.com/images/products/jillette-penn.jpg

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 01:50 AM
Hmm I dunno
http://www.dxibalba.com/me.jpghttp://www.cardcheaters.com/images/products/jillette-penn.jpg

hmmm shave the scruff, hair in a pony tail....hmmmm I think so

patch
03-26-2008, 02:03 AM
Hmm I dunno

Nah, I can't really see it. xibalba looks like he'd shoot me if I looked at him funny. I could never see Penn doing that. Yell at me until I ran away crying, yes, but not shoot me.

xibalba
03-26-2008, 02:05 AM
More like chop you up with my machete and swords and stab you with my knives and then burn you with my collection of lighters.

njshadow
03-26-2008, 02:07 AM
Hmm I dunno

Aw dude, you gotta shave, ponytail, etc. ad try the Penn pic.!
And yes, do the weird glare! :D:D

patch
03-26-2008, 02:09 AM
More like chop you up with my machete and swords and stab you with my knives and then burn you with my collection of lighters.

Actually, you're right. That sounds more accurate.

ericjosepi
03-26-2008, 02:14 AM

Totally. Not. Creepy.

I'll be over here now... eating rice... in the corner...

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 02:14 AM
Aw dude, you gotta shave, ponytail, etc. ad try the Penn pic.!
And yes, do the weird glare! :D:D

Hmmm I think I have seen that pic b4....oh yea in the post office on the 10 most wanted poster... :)

njshadow
03-26-2008, 02:17 AM
Hmmm I think I have seen that pic b4....oh yea in the post office on the 10 most wanted poster... :)

Xibby, exactly what WERE you doing in that park!? :D:D j/k

xibalba
03-26-2008, 02:35 AM
I look alittle more friendly shaven I guess.

http://www.dxibalba.com/me2.jpg

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 02:38 AM
I look alittle more friendly shaven I guess.

http://www.dxibalba.com/me2.jpg

u look stoned.....lol

patch
03-26-2008, 02:40 AM
u look stoned.....lol

You mean he isn't..?

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 02:42 AM
lol :D

njshadow
03-26-2008, 02:42 AM
Much cooler shaven, although I must ask, have you EVER smiled!?!? :D

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 02:43 AM

most people in mug shots don't

patch
03-26-2008, 02:44 AM

I think after the third or fourth murder, that twinkle in your eye starts to fade.

xibalba
03-26-2008, 02:44 AM
Not really atleast not for pictures. I always have the same look. I did have a beard until 15 minutes ago to take that pic. Not I'm not stoned that look I have in the other pic just different angle and less face hair.

njshadow
03-26-2008, 02:45 AM
He's waiting to release "MAGNUM". If you know what movie that's from you should be laughing you head off right now!

patch
03-26-2008, 02:46 AM
He's waiting to release "MAGNUM". If you know what movie that's from you should be laughing you head off right now!

I do... I'm not...

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 02:46 AM
Not really atleast not for pictures. I always have the same look. I did have a beard until 15 minutes ago to take that pic. Not I'm not stoned that look I have in the other pic just different angle and less face hair.

You look a lot younger....

xibalba
03-26-2008, 02:47 AM
Also there is the lack of a cigar hah.

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 02:48 AM
Also there is the lack of a cigar hah.

yea now it looks like ur too young to smoke

xibalba
03-26-2008, 02:52 AM
http://www.myheritagefiles.com/I/storage/site1/files/38/26/12/382612_83032722ab9e74libs9m32.JPG

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 03:00 AM
Yea but is Penn in that database?

xibalba
03-26-2008, 03:04 AM
nope dont think so didnt see him listed

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 03:14 AM
nope dont think so didnt see him listed

Might of came back at 95%

xibalba
03-26-2008, 03:25 AM
Here is another pic

http://www.dxibalba.com/me3.jpg

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 03:40 AM
Here is another pic

http://www.dxibalba.com/me3.jpg

yea thats the pic on the 10 most wanted list

xibalba
03-26-2008, 03:45 AM
http://www.myheritagefiles.com/J/storage/site1/files/39/22/82/392282_2927295b6c9e74c1y3wd46.JPG

lordbyron
03-26-2008, 03:55 AM
http://www.myheritagefiles.com/J/storage/site1/files/39/22/82/392282_2927295b6c9e74c1y3wd46.JPG

hmmmmm.......

xibalba
03-26-2008, 04:00 AM
says I look like a crazy person the most haha

scoobydiesel
03-26-2008, 05:37 AM
no idea whats witht eh look alikes and stuff...the football talk slowly came and went while i was at work...

I must say i like the eagels but i hate that philly wants Mcnabb gone, he is such a great QB but they just dont care, they want to do what they think is best and its not.

Titans will do good as well, really lookin to see whats going to happen right after th draft an such, what the "smart guys" think the AFC South will look like come the end of the season

xibalba
03-26-2008, 05:41 AM
Possible look a-like when I lose some weight and cut my hair? :D

http://www.occhirossi.it/Serial_Killer/Zodiac-Killer-1.jpg

radzack
03-26-2008, 05:47 PM
that reminds me of the episode of the office where they draw up a wanted poster that looks just like Dwight....hahaha