PDA

View Full Version : Geek Stereotypes

zeronome
04-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Alex said an episode or two ago (diggnation or trs i don't remember)how's he's sick of the geek stereotype of a single guy in his mom's basement with gears of war on one of his 9 monitors. and it is that geek that is the World's ONLY hope to be saved.

What are some other funny stereotypes we have? I think the reply from the MySpace idiot all in Ganster L33t was hilarious telling us that Digg should be renamed Nerdz.com. I mean, he's probably right because i doubt ANY of us are sophisticated or normal people that have much more going than their computer.
/sarcasm

Bring on the stories, and no crying on the keyboards...

ariastar
04-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Other geek stereotypes? Girl geeks with flat chests, bad glasses, a face full of zits, and head gear desperately vying for the attention of some hot jock-type guy.

frankiethewaffle
04-10-2008, 11:44 PM
I know of a girl that is hardcore into Gears of War on xbox live. She told me people give her crap all the time for being a girl. I have yet to get an Xbox 369, but I will within a few weeks. I may get Gears because of her affliction for it.

She is the "Something About Mary" of anyone I have ever known. She doesn't look like Diaz or anything, (She is beautiful and all) but anyone that ever meets her, loves her. Most don't even know why. If the kids that she plays ever knew what she looked like, they would have seizures.

She is only 18 though. I feel like I will be on Dateline on Xbox online or something.

Oh in the first paragraph, I did mean the Xbox 360. Calling Dr. Freud, I guess. I am typing in the dark too. (I didn't correct it because I thought it was funny)

Far as me being a tech geek. I am happy about it. Call me a geek, call me a cellar dweller, call me near translucent for my lack of skin pigment. Hey I am Irish too, the deck is stacked against me. Plus, I have had skin poisoning three times already. I can get dark, I can nearly change races, but I over do anything.

kronos6948
04-10-2008, 11:59 PM
Watch "Revenge of the Nerds".

It's all covered there. It also has some great Jock stereotypes too.

djoutlaws
04-11-2008, 06:15 AM
Watch "Revenge of the Nerds".

It's all covered there. It also has some great Jock stereotypes too.

NEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRDDDDDSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

ariastar
04-12-2008, 02:24 AM
She told me people give her crap all the time for being a girl.

Just be a girl on Digg and watch the torches ignite. The jokes about how I must be a very ugly, fat girl, or a tranny, or a guy lying because there are no girls on Digg, pisses me off severely sometimes.

ryudo
04-12-2008, 02:37 AM
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/244/picture18ze1.png

Bohemian_Beauty
04-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Just be a girl on Digg and watch the torches ignite. The jokes about how I must be a very ugly, fat girl, or a tranny, or a guy lying because there are no girls on Digg, pisses me off severely sometimes.

How weird. I never get that. I mostly only post under political topics though.

From playing WoW for a few years, I finally made it a point to try and only associate with adults on the internet. While some of the younger crowd gets it, most of them don't.

scoobydiesel
04-13-2008, 06:35 AM
meh i fit the whole fat geek guy...i even work in electronics...

but i dont want to save the world :-p

Bohemian_Beauty
04-13-2008, 07:46 AM
Kegs > six packs :D

ryudo
04-13-2008, 05:33 PM

WOO! Took me a lot of doing nothing to earn my keg!:D

ti3gib
04-13-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm a semi-geek. But even the semi-ness gets angry when everyone assumes I watch Battlestar Galactica and Star Wars and shit. I hate Sci Fi.

cobrakai
04-13-2008, 07:41 PM

You're speaking of yourself, I'm assuming?

Bohemian_Beauty
04-13-2008, 08:35 PM
You're speaking of yourself, I'm assuming?

Six packs on a female, imo... is gross. But no.

Bohemian_Beauty
04-13-2008, 08:35 PM
WOO! Took me a lot of doing nothing to earn my keg!:D

I know, right? :D

ariastar
04-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Six packs on a female, imo... is gross. But no.

Which is better, six pack or keg? I have neither. It's hard to describe.

Bohemian_Beauty
04-13-2008, 10:40 PM
Which is better, six pack or keg? I have neither. It's hard to describe.

Somewhere in the middle, imo. Women are ment to be soft, not hard. Leave that up to the boys.

snubs
04-14-2008, 01:45 AM
Other geek stereotypes? Girl geeks with flat chests, bad glasses, a face full of zits, and head gear desperately vying for the attention of some hot jock-type guy.

QFT!!! QFT!!!

Girl geeks aren't n00bs. I've seen some pretty hot gamer chicks! And it totally rocks to beat down that old stereotype that we're all braces and glasses.

radzack
04-14-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm a total geek. Even with my work being what it is, I've still yet to be flagged as a geek by anyone...Idk. I game too. I also am a professional musician and blah blah blah. I do alot of stuff, maybe it evens out? Maybe that stereotype fits if that's all you do?

vanden
04-16-2008, 03:02 AM
I live in a ghetto everything one wants to be a raper city(if you must know it near Detroit. I go to alternative school with all the other rejects who cant handle public schools.I achieved a 0.2 gpa and stuff in my freshmen year(yet I got like a 32 on my ACT and a way easy 4.0 gpa right now).You be surprised on how they treat geeks over here but on top of being a geek I am also Arabic and my school is 98% black and 1% Other(Me and this other Arabic girl and 1% white people who act like black ...)
Put to get to my point.
They think
1.That I own every tech Item ever.
2.I can unlock any phone
3.Think I skateboard
4.I suck at sports
5.Smart when I present a powerpoint with pictures and has that pro look to it...
6.I can "hack" into a teacher computer to change there grade.
7.I am a virgin
8.Black boys think I dont lession to any rap.
9. I drink MD all day/play wow
10.I live on the computer
11.I never go out
12.I live in my mom basement
13.Think that bootlegs cost money
14. I wear glasses
15.Think I see every Sci show out there
16.I never call people I just talk nerd text(leet) on my phone....
and so many others things I cant even begin to list on these forums...
17.Mess up the grade curve so that my so there 19% cant be higher than a 19% to my 100% but that doesnt always happen I get very lazy at time(Dam block scheduling) .

But out of those 16 things. Maybe 4 of those things are true and mainly because I in high school so I can live with my mom and drink tons of MD and am still a virgin and I do suck at sports aside from ping pong and tennis.

thearchangel
04-16-2008, 04:30 AM
I don't really fit the geek sterotype in fact i have to convince people that i am Im 6'8 and about 350 pounds kinda like a white Big Black(Rob&Big).....ALSO wOOt I AM NO LONGER A NOOB

ariastar
04-16-2008, 08:44 AM
QFT!!! QFT!!!

Girl geeks aren't n00bs. I've seen some pretty hot gamer chicks! And it totally rocks to beat down that old stereotype that we're all braces and glasses.

Gratuitous picture whoring moment about how we're not all braces and glasses (though I once was :D):

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/theyear2007/October/15%20-%20Me/DSC09210.jpg

OMG, I just looked up my weight chart to see how much I lost since that pic was taken in October, and I'm down 40. Damn.

Bohemian_Beauty
04-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Gratuitous picture whoring moment about how we're not all braces and glasses (though I once was :D):

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o72/theyear2007/October/15%20-%20Me/DSC09210.jpg

OMG, I just looked up my weight chart to see how much I lost since that pic was taken in October, and I'm down 40. Damn.

Shameless. ;D

I did read some stereotype on Digg. Hmm. Let's see if I can find it.

Here it is. Digg article (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=400779&in_page_id=1770)

You should enlighten us, oh redheaded one!

radzack
04-16-2008, 06:19 PM
bajhahahahahaha nice nice nice

nikole
04-16-2008, 06:48 PM
i wear glasses and if my mom had a basement id live in it, happily

im sure you've all seen this ad before

http://www.pseudomarketing.com/wp-content/classmates.jpg

yep, thats me

ariastar
04-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Shameless. ;D

I did read some stereotype on Digg. Hmm. Let's see if I can find it.

Here it is. Digg article (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=400779&in_page_id=1770)

You should enlighten us, oh redheaded one!

'Tis true, I tell you! I've yet to meet a guy who can keep up with me, and I'm done trying. Red gets the blood boiling, the color of passion!

When they went over that article on Diggnation, I just sat there laughing my ass off. My ass is still missing.

I love being red. You just don't see it often. Maybe every few months I'll see another redhead, and I don't mean the fire-truck-red.

md2389
04-16-2008, 08:37 PM

*cough* Abby on NCIS *cough*

(Though she atleast is semi-cute. ;) )

Bohemian_Beauty
04-16-2008, 09:57 PM
One stereotype I notice to ring true more often than not, seems to be that us geeky chicks are often found being whores for attention. I know I'm guilty of that on occasion. I wonder why that is...

snubs
04-17-2008, 12:37 AM
One stereotype I notice to ring true more often than not, seems to be that us geeky chicks are often found being whores for attention. I know I'm guilty of that on occasion. I wonder why that is...

Or geeky chicks are considered whores although they arent :(

Bohemian_Beauty
04-17-2008, 08:36 AM
Or geeky chicks are considered whores although they arent :(

Ren Faires beg to differ. :P

Although everyone's a whore at a Ren Faire. ;)

I can see why that's a stereotype though. Most of the vocal geek girls tend to grasp attention in certain ways that makes them come off as skanky.

I used to see a lot of it in WoW EQ and SWG.

tokenuser
04-17-2008, 12:25 PM
i wear glasses and if my mom had a basement id live in it, happily

im sure you've all seen this ad before

http://www.pseudomarketing.com/wp-content/classmates.jpg

yep, thats meI've seen the game show. Thats not you ;)

zeronome
04-17-2008, 05:38 PM
I live in a ghetto everything one wants to be a raper city(if you must know it near Detroit. I go to alternative school with all the other rejects who cant handle public schools.I achieved a 0.2 gpa and stuff in my freshmen year(yet I got like a 32 on my ACT and a way easy 4.0 gpa right now).You be surprised on how they treat geeks over here but on top of being a geek I am also Arabic and my school is 98% black and 1% Other(Me and this other Arabic girl and 1% white people who act like black ...)
Put to get to my point.
They think
1.That I own every tech Item ever.
2.I can unlock any phone
3.Think I skateboard
4.I suck at sports
5.Smart when I present a powerpoint with pictures and has that pro look to it...
6.I can "hack" into a teacher computer to change there grade.
7.I am a virgin
8.Black boys think I dont lession to any rap.
9. I drink MD all day/play wow
10.I live on the computer
11.I never go out
12.I live in my mom basement
13.Think that bootlegs cost money
14. I wear glasses
15.Think I see every Sci show out there
16.I never call people I just talk nerd text(leet) on my phone....
and so many others things I cant even begin to list on these forums...
17.Mess up the grade curve so that my so there 19% cant be higher than a 19% to my 100% but that doesnt always happen I get very lazy at time(Dam block scheduling) .

But out of those 16 things. Maybe 4 of those things are true and mainly because I in high school so I can live with my mom and drink tons of MD and am still a virgin and I do suck at sports aside from ping pong and tennis.

#6 is epic!!! How many people were asked to change their grades in the teachers computers? LOL

ariastar
04-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Ren Faires beg to differ. :P

Although everyone's a whore at a Ren Faire. ;)

I am a noble at ren faire. I made my gown in three days. Silk brocade, silk velvet, and yes, I'm corseted. I didn't have my hair up or cap on, though I made one. That bodice is WAY too big now, though I made the skirts in traditional styling that lets it be worn by many sizes, so I will just need to make a new bodice. It'll be a different style, more authentic, when I do.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/VictoriaRoseDesigns/Scalamandre%20Renaissance%20Gown/DSC02743.jpg

ariastar
04-17-2008, 09:09 PM

Well, we get so much attention we may as well ham it up and do something to warrant the attention.

radzack
04-17-2008, 11:08 PM
aria that looks badass

nikole
04-18-2008, 04:55 AM
I've seen the game show. Thats not you ;)

haha ive had some work done

::sheepish::

timestoby
04-18-2008, 12:55 PM
i always assume someone wearing glasses is a geek in some way.like ill ask if they have ps3 etc or do they do mac or pc etc lol.i think pretty much anyone who wears glasses is some type of geek tho.i mean wear glasses full time,not any of this part time wearers lol.

i consider myself to be a cool geek tho.like alex and kevin

i dont dress geeky and i always try to look decent,wotever that means.

im always online from the minute i wake up.even when im in bed i think of wot i should be doing or wot site i would be at online haha. its all good tho. at least im not a NERD. haha

tokenuser
04-18-2008, 01:22 PM
i always assume someone wearing glasses is a geek in some way.like ill ask if they have ps3 etc or do they do mac or pc etc lol.i think pretty much anyone who wears glasses is some type of geek tho.i mean wear glasses full time,not any of this part time wearers lol.Why the eyewear assumption? Do all geeks wear retainers as well?

gobo
04-18-2008, 02:41 PM
I think there's a difference between a "Geek" and a "Nerd".

I'd say a Geek is just anyone REALLY into something. I mean Jocks to me are essentially Sports Geeks, they get as into the latest NHL standings as much as we can talk about who would win between Superman and the Hulk.

Geek's don't even have to be traditionally "smart".

Nerd's on the other hand are generally into "Geeky" things, but at the same time are socially awkward, only hang out with other nerds, tend not to get along with "norms", etc..

bani-banan
04-18-2008, 05:39 PM
I think there's a difference between a "Geek" and a "Nerd".

I'd say a Geek is just anyone REALLY into something. I mean Jocks to me are essentially Sports Geeks

You're demeaning all of us by stating that jocks are "geeks".

Jocks are douchebags and ought to be shot.

tokenuser
04-18-2008, 05:59 PM

Jocks are douchebags and ought to be shot.I've met my fair share of nerd or geek douches as well. Jocks don't have exclusive rights to that character trait.

ryudo
04-18-2008, 06:13 PM

Jocks are douchebags and ought to be shot.
Nah that is just another stereotype.
In High school I was in football and had friends who were very into gaming and computers and one of them like me was very into star trek another friend I had who was a wrestler knew a lot about coding and quite a few "jocks" took graphic design where we worked with Photoshop.

There was a few jerks but there is always a few jerks in every crowd.

================================================== =======

As for the other poster who talked about glasses..I don't wear glasses in fact what I saw from many peoples pics is they don't and those that do glasses these days can often not only be needed but a nice fashion statement.

Last I will post this thing I found on digg over a year ago.

"Being a geek in the 2000's is nothing to be ashamed of, the stereotype that once existed is long gone and there are several characteristics of geek culture that could almost be considered chic. Consumating, Threadless, or even Apple are pretty good testaments to this fact.

The picture I'm about to paint is of the ideal, I'm not implying that every perl programmer or 15 year kid who plays WoW all day possesses all these qualities.
You're probably very smart.
It's hip to be geek. Everyone is familiar with the stereotype of thick glasses, a pocket protector, an obsession with star trek, and social skills akin to a sack of potatoes. Times have changed: geeks are often fashionable, hip individuals who are very aligned with the trends of their own generation
You geek out on more than just your computer. Ever seen the movie collection of a film geek? Ever had an automotive geek work on your car? Ever seen the body of a fitness geek? The tenacity of someone like us, when applied to hobbies outside computers and the like, can yield impressive results.
Geek humor is the best humor. This is perhaps a biased opinion, but I've never laughed as hard as I have while reading some of the random, funny things that came out of geek culture.
You listen to good music. Geeks have access to tools that allow us to hear music that extends well beyond top 40 radio. Want the entire discography of Aphex Twin by tomorrow afternoon? Ask a geek. Not only do they listen to good music, they can find just about anything you're looking for in a heartbeat.
You make good money. If there's one stereotype about geeks that usually rings true, it's that they rarely have trouble earning a decent income.
You fix stuff. Everyone loves a handyman, especially one that can fix one of the most frustrating devices ever conceived: a personal computer.
You've got your own stuff going on. You'll never meet a geek who runs out of things to do, they've got lots of hobbies and interests and are more than happy to dive head first into one of those when they've got some spare time. In other words: they won't rely on you to give them a life.
You're very articulate. Compulsively reading a few hundred RSS feeds a day yields a vocabulary that could put most college English majors to shame.
You're passionate. When a geek becomes interested in something, they tend to immerse themselves in it entirely. They'll strip a new gadget down to nuts and bolts and re-build it with an xhtml compliant grappling gun. This intense passion can extend to many areas of a geek's life, not just computers and hobbies."

ariastar
04-18-2008, 09:25 PM
aria that looks badass

Thanks. :) I look forward to making a new bodice too.

I'll charge my phone and give you a call re:taping.

nikole
04-19-2008, 07:16 AM
Why the eyewear assumption? Do all geeks wear retainers as well?

I own a retainer...but its from like 5 years ago when i was 15, but as for eyewear, i wear glasses or contacts because i have bad eye sight, this was and is* caused by the insane amount of time I have spent in front on my tv playing video games or in front of my laptop, im in front of either(if not both) for like 5+** hours of any given day.

So the reason I wear glasses is because my geekyness has become a health hazord.

*the amount of lolcats i make is in direct correlation with how terrible my eysight keeps getting

**it's way more than 5 hours I'm just trying to make it seem like I have a better social life

tuxotaku
04-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Nah that is just another stereotype.
In High school I was in football and had friends who were very into gaming and computers and one of them like me was very into star trek another friend I had who was a wrestler knew a lot about coding and quite a few "jocks" took graphic design where we worked with Photoshop.

There was a few jerks but there is always a few jerks in every crowd.

================================================== =======

As for the other poster who talked about glasses..I don't wear glasses in fact what I saw from many peoples pics is they don't and those that do glasses these days can often not only be needed but a nice fashion statement.

Last I will post this thing I found on digg over a year ago.

"Being a geek in the 2000's is nothing to be ashamed of, the stereotype that once existed is long gone and there are several characteristics of geek culture that could almost be considered chic. Consumating, Threadless, or even Apple are pretty good testaments to this fact.

The picture I'm about to paint is of the ideal, I'm not implying that every perl programmer or 15 year kid who plays WoW all day possesses all these qualities.
You're probably very smart.
It's hip to be geek. Everyone is familiar with the stereotype of thick glasses, a pocket protector, an obsession with star trek, and social skills akin to a sack of potatoes. Times have changed: geeks are often fashionable, hip individuals who are very aligned with the trends of their own generation
You geek out on more than just your computer. Ever seen the movie collection of a film geek? Ever had an automotive geek work on your car? Ever seen the body of a fitness geek? The tenacity of someone like us, when applied to hobbies outside computers and the like, can yield impressive results.
Geek humor is the best humor. This is perhaps a biased opinion, but I've never laughed as hard as I have while reading some of the random, funny things that came out of geek culture.
You listen to good music. Geeks have access to tools that allow us to hear music that extends well beyond top 40 radio. Want the entire discography of Aphex Twin by tomorrow afternoon? Ask a geek. Not only do they listen to good music, they can find just about anything you're looking for in a heartbeat.
You make good money. If there's one stereotype about geeks that usually rings true, it's that they rarely have trouble earning a decent income.
You fix stuff. Everyone loves a handyman, especially one that can fix one of the most frustrating devices ever conceived: a personal computer.
You've got your own stuff going on. You'll never meet a geek who runs out of things to do, they've got lots of hobbies and interests and are more than happy to dive head first into one of those when they've got some spare time. In other words: they won't rely on you to give them a life.
You're very articulate. Compulsively reading a few hundred RSS feeds a day yields a vocabulary that could put most college English majors to shame.
You're passionate. When a geek becomes interested in something, they tend to immerse themselves in it entirely. They'll strip a new gadget down to nuts and bolts and re-build it with an xhtml compliant grappling gun. This intense passion can extend to many areas of a geek's life, not just computers and hobbies."

Dude, link me to this article! this is like the new geek manifesto, I love it.

bani-banan
04-19-2008, 04:28 PM
I've met my fair share of nerd or geek douches as well. Jocks don't have exclusive rights to that character trait.

Well, based on my experience - they are douchebags.

Every "jock" I met was a complete douchebag towards me.

I don't have very fond memories of school, to be honest.

Instead of playing football, I fixed my teacher's computer's for money.

Oh well...

ariastar
04-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Well, based on my experience - they are douchebags.

Every "jock" I met was a complete douchebag towards me.

I don't have very fond memories of school, to be honest.

Instead of playing football, I fixed my teacher's computer's for money.

Oh well...

We're in the same club. The jocks all thought they were so elite, and it didn't help that my high school, as usual, treated them that way. Grade-skewing was openly done, and fucked some kids out of scholarships because they didn't rank high enough in class standings because of the nepotism shown to athletes. While drama and music were cut until the thespians and musicians did fund raisers to pay the instructor salaries, money was available in spades for the athletes and cheerleaders. The school shelled out $500 per year on cheerleader uniforms and even other richer schools wondered why ours have brand new uniforms every year when it was news that this program or that was cut. Same for football players. I can see new safety gear, but nothing was ever reused, scoreboards were replaced every couple years, etc..

So they went through school with a major sense of entitlement. One of my fond memories was in gym one day when this guy named Kelly kept being a jerk. We were playing hockey (obviously not on ice) and I turned and whacked both his shins so hard he fell to the ground calling me a bitch. But he didn't bug me again. And another kid, Randy, was a total little prick. He didn't actually play football, but he was their gopher guy, so given the same status. He annoyed the hell out of me so bad that one day I went over and literally picked the little twerp up by his collar, raised him off the ground, and told him in a low voice that if he ever spoke to me again, that I was going to beat the shit out of him, and my parents would bail me out because they were just as tired of him as I was (he lived across the street and liked to paintball our shit). Yeah, once upon a time I was strong enough to do that. And it helped that I was in formal martial arts training in those days.

Sadly those are some of my better high school memories. People running by the house screaming "Fat cow!" at me was more common, as were kids knocking on the door to tell whoever answered to give me a verbal message, that I was fat and ugly. It got bad enough that it contributed to my parents moving back to California in the middle of my senior year. Not all my credits transferred (Acalanes, the new school, didn't accept certain credits until someone was a certain age, such as no science courses before junior year, and I took college courses sophomore year, but they wouldn't take it), and I didn't want to spend a couple extra years in school, so less than a semester shy of graduating, I dropped out.

Yeah, I had to build my rep as being an apathetic badass, but at least most of the teachers understood why I would act up sometimes, that it was to throw off the bullies, so I never got into trouble for it.

Really not a lot of good memories, and mostly due to jocks harassing me and cheerleaders trying to beat me up.

Bohemian_Beauty
04-19-2008, 09:20 PM
I went to two different high schools. The first one is where I got picked on, which.. I suppose I attributed to it somewhat, but not really. The girls called me a whore and a slut. The guys would sometimes pick on me, but it usually referred to some slutty nickname the chicks gave me. I hung out with guys, because for some reason, I never got along with the girls. I usually had older boyfriends, but I wasn't fucking every guy and their brother, so I just assumed the girls were jealous. Their problem, not mine.

The music program at my second school is what brought me there. They were amazing. The jocks at my high school were pretty cool. They only really had a problem with bullies. Most of the jocks were good guys. I hung out just just about any crowd of people. Nerds, punks, goths, jocks. Most groups got along pretty well. I wish all high schools could be that way.

I hope to find a good school like the one I went to, when my kids are old enough.

dr-nix
04-19-2008, 11:25 PM
As far as geeks go i guess i'm not the norm?!

As far as looks go i probably fit the bill (freckles, glasses (born with fucked up sight basicly)) and i do have the love for computers. But i'm also a jock or atleast an ex-jock (i stopped in that front in my late teens) and i moved alot when i was younger so i made friends all over in my local community where i grew up.

I guess i have a decent intellect but i'm lazy in that front sadly so my grades are at best average.

Honestly though i consider myself one of those guys that are in the middle of the pack, i was friends with both the cool and the uncool kids in school even though there weren't huge divides when it came to that sort of thing where i grew up.

radzack
04-20-2008, 08:56 AM
hmmm...I played sports in HS and did drama and all of that. Lots of extracurrics and junk. High school owned!

zeronome
04-21-2008, 04:08 PM
so much hate between geek & jock... is anyone both?? i played football, baseball, and lots of other sports my whole life not to mention growing up on a ranch. (yes, i'm still trying to workout the laptop mount for my saddle horn) while i love horses and sports yet at the same time i definitely geek out. I shuffle my sysadmin job with getting the horses back in shape. I think they can get along, and while i wasn't the cool kid who got hammered at all the "sweet" jock parties, i was the one who got to make fun of them when they came to the dances i djed a little intoxicated. people watching is fun!!!

dr-nix
04-22-2008, 05:02 AM
zeronome: usually there isn't these very clear clicks in real life. Maby i wasn't a superjock or anything becuase i was never the best at any sport i did (soccer, boxing, jujutsu and so on) but i was part of both camps and i did have friends in both end of the spectrum

Yes there were two idiots in my school who didn't know me (and was older than me) who wasn't very nice but they were basicly just assholes, they didn't represent an entire group of people.

Life rarely works out like how you see it in the movies :P

The only exception i can think of is when this ex-NHL guy called Kent Manderville (played in Pittsburg among other clubs) made his debut in my hometown team of Timra. He had just gotten there but wanted to play right away instead of resting a game. He had an okay game but at 19:59 in the 3rd period he got free and was 1on1 with the oposition goalie...he got tripped or hooked or something (i forget exactly which) and a penalty was called which he took advantage of. It was like straight out of a movie.