PDA

View Full Version : So how many people got denied entrance to the NY show?

ewooding
06-05-2008, 01:42 AM
I was kinda bummed that I didn't get to go in.

I hope the TRS meetup isn't this crazy.

kowgod
06-05-2008, 01:59 AM
Kevin just twittered that everyone managed to make it in and that it is a madhouse.

Glad to hear it.

ewooding
06-05-2008, 02:02 AM
Too bad that was a good two hours after the guys from Studio B went around saying no one would be able to get in. I along with a lot of other people left.

stepan
06-05-2008, 02:09 AM
I was unfortunately not able to go but i wasnt able to watch the live show here at 6 , or 7 pm estearn ! What was going on? Did it ever air live?

metallicnitro
06-05-2008, 03:14 AM
Apparently everyone managed to get in afterwards. What really did piss me off was that they denied anyone under 21 for a while. So I saw people behind me in line getting in while I was waiting outside with my friend. We managed to get in after a bit though. Otherwise, it was a pretty fun show.

Also I am pretty sure I saw Masher there...

dj29152
06-05-2008, 03:16 AM
everyone got in after like 8 or 8:30...

good show, got some vids and pics. will post later.

tangle027
06-05-2008, 03:17 AM
man, that must have been a piss off for the people that didn't get in

dj29152
06-05-2008, 03:21 AM
man, that must have been a piss off for the people that didn't get in

hell yea, it was also raining when they were outside...like light drizzle.

tangle027
06-05-2008, 03:23 AM
hell yea, it was also raining when they were outside...like light drizzle.

man thats shitty, but at least you got in right? looking forward to those pics and vids...i didn't catch the live air (if it even happened) so i gotta wait a couple days to watch the actual podcast.

ewooding
06-05-2008, 03:30 AM
I am more pissed now that I know that people got in after the fact. The fat fucking douche bouncer was going around telling everyone to go since we just "won't be getting in."

jinstarwing
06-05-2008, 03:44 AM
The bouncers were definitely douche bags my girlfriend any I where standing in line until we almost got to the front and they started saying its 21 and up only (which sucked because thats is not what the agreement was) than they started forming the under 21 line. We where at the front right by the door and decided to see if my girl friend can get in because she is month shy of being 21. The douche bouncer gave me a bracelet and told my girlfriend that we have to wait on the other line for her to be able to get in which was a almost 45 minute wait. Other than that show was awesome had a great time even thou we didn't get a chance to get pic with Kevin and Alex I got to talk to Jim which was cool. I hope that the next event will have a better venue. I hope that D&B wont be so uptight about the age.

louis0nfire
06-05-2008, 04:08 AM
Me and my 2 friends were the 2nd people to be pushed to the 2nd line. We waited about 20 minutes and they finally began to let a few of us in, so we got in before anything started. They started the 21 and up thing so they could make money from the bar. It's bullshit and I almost spazzed out on one of the bitches who worked there. She didn't grasp the fact that it was their show and wanted 18+ not 21+. Anyway, it was amazing.

thinkicouldburn
06-05-2008, 04:09 AM
I was stuck outside too. Luckily I stayed, first we got our own show from Brian Brushwood. It was awesome and he is a really cool guy just for doing that. Then Kevin and Alex opened a door into me and they told us to hang tight. Then we got free posters and copies of Brian's book, and just as the show was beginning they let everyone waiting in. Awesome show and I got to meet Kevin and Alex. I'm so happy I stayed.

I knew the bouncers were playing asshole tricks. They said all that stuff just to get the line down to a reasonable size so they could make a case to get everyone in.

electricalburn
06-05-2008, 04:13 AM
The bouncers were definitely douche bags my girlfriend any I where standing in line until we almost got to the front and they started saying its 21 and up only (which sucked because thats is not what the agreement was) than they started forming the under 21 line.

either you were standing in line with me or that happened to alot of people

i thought the age issue was going to be resolved and if its 21+ they should announce it ahead of time. many ppl came from too far and it was raining......

anyway good show glad i rushed back home to catch it

metallicnitro
06-05-2008, 04:20 AM
Me and my 2 friends were the 2nd people to be pushed to the 2nd line. We waited about 20 minutes and they finally began to let a few of us in, so we got in before anything started. They started the 21 and up thing so they could make money from the bar. It's bullshit and I almost spazzed out on one of the bitches who worked there. She didn't grasp the fact that it was their show and wanted 18+ not 21+. Anyway, it was amazing.

Were you there when Jay came out? Cuz I think I may have been like right behind you...

electricalburn
06-05-2008, 04:23 AM
kevin said that there was like 300 or so ppl out there in the 21- line, is that right? thats like a quarter of the whole crowd :eek:

louis0nfire
06-05-2008, 04:26 AM
Were you there when Jay came out? Cuz I think I may have been like right behind you...

Yeah I was right there. Were you the guy who drove 5 miles from upstate or whatever? I was right behind you.

deep
06-05-2008, 06:54 AM
how many people left?
i got there late, but when i did there wasn't any line outside. i walked right up, showed my id, got the bracelet and in i went.

thinkicouldburn
06-05-2008, 11:44 AM
how many people left?
i got there late, but when i did there wasn't any line outside. i walked right up, showed my id, got the bracelet and in i went.

I can't really put a number on it. But when they stopped letting people in the line definitely extended at least around the street corner. When they started letting people in again the line was probably half way to the corner.

metallicnitro
06-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Yeah I was right there. Were you the guy who drove 5 miles from upstate or whatever? I was right behind you.

If you were behind him, then I was behind you...

were you the guy with the crazy hair?

masherscf
06-05-2008, 02:23 PM
kevin said that there was like 300 or so ppl out there in the 21- line, is that right? thats like a quarter of the whole crowd :eek:

I don;t think that math is right. There were a total of about 2,000 people.

ryst
06-05-2008, 03:05 PM
I was outside and right by the bouncer when they told us they were gonna start letting everyone in. He said into his headset that the building department was finally gone so he could let us in. So don't blame the bouncers completely haha.

louis0nfire
06-05-2008, 05:13 PM
If you were behind him, then I was behind you...

were you the guy with the crazy hair?

Nah lol that was a friend of mine though. I was the guy with the digg hat.

guyver8400
06-05-2008, 08:11 PM
I don;t think that math is right. There were a total of about 2,000 people.

According to the NYC Department of Buildings, Club Studio B is only allowed 461 People at the MAXIMUM. Im not sure who counted the 2,000.

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/COsByLocationServlet?requestid=1&allbin=3065254

http://a810-cofo.nyc.gov/cofo/B/301/384000/301384829F.PDF

Club Studio B has also been operating without the proper permits for about two years, the community is fighting them.

dohko
06-05-2008, 09:07 PM
According to the NYC Department of Buildings, Club Studio B is only allowed 461 People at the MAXIMUM. Im not sure who counted the 2,000.

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/COsByLocationServlet?requestid=1&allbin=3065254

http://a810-cofo.nyc.gov/cofo/B/301/384000/301384829F.PDF

Club Studio B has also been operating without the proper permits for about two years, the community is fighting them.

Revision3 should had chosen a different place, I really didn't like the place for a live diggnation. For a small concert? Maybe.

masherscf
06-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Revision3 should had chosen a different place, I really didn't like the place for a live diggnation. For a small concert? Maybe.

Actually, the choice of venue is my main compliant. It was small crowed and not very comfortable. The lack of real food and over-priced drinks was disappointing. The staff was pretty cool. I chatted a bit with the bouncers while I waited for a cab. Real great guys...

snubs
06-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Actually, the choice of venue is my main compliant. It was small crowed and not very comfortable. The lack of real food and over-priced drinks was disappointing. The staff was pretty cool. I chatted a bit with the bouncers while I waited for a cab. Real great guys...

Real great guys? not to everyone... I was there til 12:15, chillin with everyone. The bouncers yelled they were closed (I'm not sure what time they close, but I'm' pretty sure they dont close at 11:51, and this was at 11:51.) Some of the crew had to run upstairs to grab some stuff, and the bouncer literally followed us up the stairs and threatened to throw someone down them as they were trying to get their belongings. My jaw dropped. That's not proper service.

jinstarwing
06-06-2008, 03:50 AM
Best thing ever A neighborhood dude rolled up on his bike saying that we were the biggest crowd he has seen in front of this place since it opened. Kind of pathetic if you ask me. Anyways either way show was a blast and I had a good time hat down to rev3.