PDA

View Full Version : Pineapple Express

skin87
08-06-2008, 03:30 AM
Anyone else going to a midnight showing of this tonight? There's only one screen showing it at midnight in the Milwaukee area. I'm excited, being a part of a midnight audiences is the best way to see a movie.

satori
08-06-2008, 04:10 AM
Every time I hear the Pineapple Express I think of the Porkchop Express
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkCuH3KgnK4

ariastar
08-06-2008, 05:11 AM
Maybe tomorrow night. Too tired tonight.

robertnordberg12
08-06-2008, 05:30 AM
going to see it in the new deluxe theater their opening a town over friday or saturday or sunday

jessicaphan
08-06-2008, 05:33 AM
I so cant wait for this movie. Not seeing it tonight though. Out of state and this local theatre sucks.

quix
08-06-2008, 06:49 AM
I'll probably see it as a matinée tomorrow. I really want to see it, but I don't want to pay full price given that I'm going to a midnight showing of The Clone Wars next week.

skin87
08-06-2008, 07:43 AM
It was really good. The beginning starts off pretty slow, and it is way more legitimate action movie than I expected. Best part is the funniest parts weren't in the trailer.

straylightrise
08-06-2008, 08:02 AM
well shit then. It sold me from the trailer alone. Sounds like a hot fuzz movie to me.

comhcinc
08-06-2008, 11:33 AM
i am not interested in this movie. i don't like potheads thus i don't like pothead movies.

mrpopular
08-06-2008, 12:50 PM
i am not interested in this movie. i don't like potheads thus i don't like pothead movies.

I feel that will be the same view Jeff will have in the movie.. It doesn't bother me.. I can't wait to see this.. looks great. and only another week til' Tropic Thunder!!

comhcinc
08-06-2008, 12:59 PM
I feel that will be the same view Jeff will have in the movie.. It doesn't bother me.. I can't wait to see this.. looks great. and only another week til' Tropic Thunder!!
i am not saying i won't netflix it in a couple of months and give it a chance, but outside of cheech and chong i have never been able to get into pothead movies. just a matter of taste. i hope it is good.

stubadub
08-06-2008, 03:37 PM
i am not saying i won't netflix it in a couple of months and give it a chance, but outside of cheech and chong i have never been able to get into pothead movies. just a matter of taste. i hope it is good.

I always took the Cheech and Chong movies to be the ultimate "you have to be a pothead to like it" kind of films. Almost all the humor comes from pot and pot culture. This movie doesn't seem like it is so anchored by pot to me, though I haven't seen it yet.

comhcinc
08-06-2008, 03:43 PM
maybe, but my parents were big fans ( and potheads) and i grew up watching them. i am sure if i was just introduced to them now i wouldn't be a fan.

tectec
08-06-2008, 03:43 PM
All the sound bites in the trailer remind me too much of the language used in Superbad and so many other Apatow movies lately. It could be really funny, but right now it just seems like more of the same.

jc-magnus
08-06-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm not going to watch a midnight showing, but I do plan on watching the movie sometime soon. I hope it's good.

joedubbs
08-07-2008, 12:31 AM
I'm going to be seeing the movie on Sunday - looking forward to it!

7h0m45
08-07-2008, 01:19 AM
i saw it today and thought it was pretty funny. there was a great star wars reference, but i felt like i was the only one laughing so maybe other people in the theater did not get it.

heyseuss
08-07-2008, 01:25 AM

Nice George Carlin quote.

comhcinc
08-07-2008, 01:46 AM
Nice George Carlin quote.
lol is it? well if i am going to steal lines i can think of no better..............or why yes i am quiet the witty one.

take your pick.

heyseuss
08-07-2008, 01:49 AM
lol is it? well if i am going to steal lines i can think of no better..............or why yes i am quiet the witty one.

take your pick.

Unless you wanted to not be a hypocrite while saying you hate potheads.

taozoo4u
08-07-2008, 03:30 AM
anyone else have this fucked up commercial where it was upside down and talking backwards...if they did what did it mean?

joymarie
08-07-2008, 03:55 AM
Best part is the funniest parts weren't in the trailer.

I'm so glad to hear that. As much as they're promoting this movie, I was concerned that they were giving everything away in the commercials and trailers.

heyseuss
08-07-2008, 04:05 AM
I'm so glad to hear that. As much as they're promoting this movie, I was concerned that they were giving everything away in the commercials and trailers.

Joy ! Joy ! Joy ! Joy ! Hellloooo, so good to see you.

joymarie
08-07-2008, 04:08 AM
Joy ! Joy ! Joy ! Joy ! Hellloooo, so good to see you.

Hi!! *waves* :D
I'm trying to make it to the forums more often... but somehow it's not working ;)

heyseuss
08-07-2008, 04:10 AM
Hi!! *waves* :D
I'm trying to make it to the forums more often... but somehow it's not working ;)

Pimp been running you too hard lately huh? That's what you get for having such a fine commodity.

joymarie
08-07-2008, 04:12 AM
Pimp been running you too hard lately huh? That's what you get for having such a fine commodity.

Haha... yes....
Actually, if that WERE the case, I'd have much more money.... and fancier shoes ;)

heyseuss
08-07-2008, 04:18 AM
Haha... yes....
Actually, if that WERE the case, I'd have much more money.... and fancier shoes ;)

You need http://www.geekstudent.com/?p=57

joymarie
08-07-2008, 04:24 AM
You need http://www.geekstudent.com/?p=57

That is the most ridiculous thing i've seen in a LONG time.
I like how those ho shoes come in a sensible black (you know... for church) as well as a sassy silver/pink.
Incorporate the new iphone into those and they'll sell like hot cakes!

heyseuss
08-07-2008, 04:31 AM
That is the most ridiculous thing i've seen in a LONG time.
I like how those ho shoes come in a sensible black (you know... for church)

Black goes with everything, every ho has her little black dress.

as well as a sassy silver/pink.

For the beach ho, or the togoho, for ho's on the go.

You said 'sassy' ! :D

Incorporate the new iphone into those and they'll sell like hot cakes!

Then the phrase will become, "...selling like ihophone boots", and I'll have to change my sig.

Sorry for derailing the thread ppl, but Joy is worth it.

dimo
08-07-2008, 04:32 AM
anyone else have this fucked up commercial where it was upside down and talking backwards...if they did what did it mean?

HAHA! i saw that too.....was in the Winnetka Theater in the San Fernando valley. I swear it was a mistake.....but i got ready for this movie properly...., which made me really enjoy watching that backwards, and upside down. It was a long trailer too. If it was forward and NOT upside down, i would have hated the trailer because of the fact it looked like it showed a lot of that movie. And since it went backward and was upside down, it gave me a sence for who is in the movie (michael cera) and didn't give too much away because of my inability to understand backwards speech, which sounded AMAZINGLY funny at some points.

But i swear it felt like it shouldn't have been like that.

heyseuss
08-07-2008, 04:36 AM
HAHA! i saw that too.....was in the Winnetka Theater in the San Fernando valley.

LOCAL.

I have a friend on Bell Canyon Rd.

dimo
08-07-2008, 05:35 AM
i say there is a roscoe's chicken and waffles meet up in LA. mmm

vhalkirian666
08-07-2008, 05:41 AM
the trailer didn't look that good to me.

maybe the movie is better than what the trailer showed.

babnert
08-07-2008, 06:21 AM
Saw it at the midnight showing, the movie was great - was awesome the entire theater spelled like weed. Rocked TRS hoodie.

heyseuss
08-07-2008, 06:37 AM
i say there is a roscoe's chicken and waffles meet up in LA. mmm

Corner of Adams and Normandie ? Hollywood and Vine ? Van Nuys and Victory ?

I say Jeff do more improv shows. They should be regular so the group can build a following and earn more. It's not like they have to write for weeks first.

cooljammer00
08-07-2008, 08:33 AM
I have a feeling that residual Superbad hate that the guys had (rightfully so, by the way) might leak over into this review.

I mean, it's Apatow, and they already expressed their seeming disdain for his "work". Kristen Bell even said in promoting Forgetting Sarah Marshall that the whole "improv a scene and cut out the funny one liners" is the "new age" of film making, and I disagree hard with the lovely Ms. Bell.

I don't even think the TRS guys who saw FSM liked it.

gabe_utsecks
08-07-2008, 08:41 AM
I went in with low expectations. I thought it would be a lame stoner comedy, but it really wasn't. It did, of course, have stoner jokes, but its really more of a buddy action comedy with characters who happen to be stoners. James Franco killed me. He should stick to comedy.

Also, it was kind of a mind fuck, mostly because of the shocking displays of blunt violence.
It was actually one of the most violent movies I've ever seen. And most of it was so out-of-nowhere and super-realistic, yet it was very understated. One moment, it would be a comedy, then BAM, something horrifying happens, and then they just move on and don't make a big deal about it. It's hard to explain; you have to see it. But it was kind of genius.

johnnysix
08-07-2008, 10:28 AM
I loved it. I think it's definately a comedy that will get funnier over time. Easily a standout compared to recent comedies.