PDA

View Full Version : What band would you like to see make an "origin film"?

diela
11-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Jon and his stepmom discuss how bands don't make films anymore in the style of the Beatles, Kiss, etc. ala "Pick of Destiny". Is it still necessary in this "MTV's where are they now?" era?

What modern band would you like to see make an origin story film?

I find myself curious about Pink's career and Evanescence, but I don't know if I could deal with a two-hour movie.

xxxthundercatxxx
11-30-2006, 02:43 PM
I would watch a film about the origins of Nsync.

satori
11-30-2006, 03:34 PM
I'd like to see Audioslave make Spiceworld 2.

viscountradu
11-30-2006, 03:40 PM
there is a great short story called Men Under Water by Ralph Lombreglia and the subplot of it is about how you don't see good rock and roll movies. the band in it is a fictional one called Acid Rain.

i like tour movies like MxPx's "B Movie" and Green Day's "Bullet In a Bible." i'd like to see more of those.

pr0n5t4r
11-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Haha, I thought of this at first...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXziBmcLmPQ

I'd like to see something about Nickleback. I think that would be pretty humourous. =P

slowmtnsilhouette
11-30-2006, 04:03 PM
i dont know about origin film, but i definitely would like to see Green Day's "American Idiot" rock opera...

megaspam
11-30-2006, 04:16 PM
I'd love to see an origin story about the Aquabats. It will document the heroes' rise and show how they got their super powers from the Professor's chemicals. After keeping the earth safe from a myriad of ugly monsters and evildoers, a new threat comes from across the galaxy. The heroes in blue will finally meet their match. A vile force so powerful that no one has yet stood against it and lived: GWAR. It will culminate in an epic battle for the fate of the planet.

jonathanlondon
11-30-2006, 04:28 PM
An American Idiot movie would have been cool if Sam Bayer didn't direct it.

I told Reel Big Fish I wanted to make a Troma style movie with them set in a post-apocalyptic U.S. called "Reel Big Fish in The Search For Scott" where they had to brave mutant lobster people and shit like that to find Scotty K (cohost of Geekdrome #18). That movie would be ridiculous.

slowmtnsilhouette
11-30-2006, 05:03 PM
I'd love to see an origin story about the Aquabats. It will document the heroes' rise and show how they got their super powers from the Professor's chemicals. After keeping the earth safe from a myriad of ugly monsters and evildoers, a new threat comes from across the galaxy. The heroes in blue will finally meet their match. A vile force so powerful that no one has yet stood against it and lived: GWAR. It will culminate in an epic battle for the fate of the planet.
that would be sooooooooooo cool....

An American Idiot movie would have been cool if Sam Bayer didn't direct it.

I told Reel Big Fish I wanted to make a Troma style movie with them set in a post-apocalyptic U.S. called "Reel Big Fish in The Search For Scott" where they had to brave mutant lobster people and shit like that to find Scotty K (cohost of Geekdrome #18). That movie would be ridiculous.

I think an American Idiot movie would be great if John Roeker did it... I mean, he worked with Billy Joe on "Live Freaky! Die Freaky!"... as long as it's not claymation....

and a Troma-style RBF movie would be ridiculous... ridiculously awesome!

satansmagichat
11-30-2006, 07:17 PM
I agree. Forget origin stories. I just want me some more ROCK OPERAS, *****ES!

Also, I noticed Tim Robbins was in The Pick of Destiny, and thought that was kind of odd (as I expect him in stuff like Shawshank). But then I remembered him on Letterman or something a while back saying he wrote a rock opera. Anyone know anything about that?

vegasgeek
11-30-2006, 09:24 PM

I want GWAR to have their own movie. i mean...from their songs...they already have a major plot.

And GWAR would kill the Aquabats in seconds, i mean they are the scumdogs of the universe.

kramertron
11-30-2006, 09:41 PM
I want GWAR to have their own movie. i mean...from their songs...they already have a major plot.

And GWAR would kill the Aquabats in seconds, i mean they are the scumdogs of the universe.

Amen to that! A GWAR movie is begging to be made, but really without the spewing of blood everywhere it just wouldn't equal the live shows.

bcool
11-30-2006, 09:56 PM
The Band, Tool, hmmm Nirvana. I guess there's probably some documentaries out there, but I'd like to see the dramtic version.

viscountradu
11-30-2006, 10:11 PM
one of my favorites is already done:

I am the lizard king. I can do anything.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101761/

herod
11-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Tool.......

megaspam
11-30-2006, 11:39 PM
And GWAR would kill the Aquabats in seconds, i mean they are the scumdogs of the universe.Yeah, I know. But they're the two bands that I know of that do wacky performance art with their music, so it seemed fitting.

eaasness
12-01-2006, 12:02 AM

While I love the Aquabats. I think they deserve more, like a weekly sitcom ala the Monkeys. Then a year or two later "The Aquabats Movie" would cover their origin. They could go the other way around, but I like the TV to movie move better. All that said they already have a DVD http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0000E6XJT.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1069794849_.jpg

A GWAR movie might work. It just needs to be done by WWE films or Troma films.

colemip
12-01-2006, 12:29 AM
i dont know about origin film, but i definitely would like to see Green Day's "American Idiot" rock opera...

Wasn't that supposed to be in the works? I wonder if it still is...?

paulsaves
12-01-2006, 03:43 AM
The White Stripes.

satori
12-01-2006, 06:51 AM

seriously? It already exists...

hive
12-01-2006, 07:44 AM
X Japan

i don't even like them, but talk about revolutionary megastardom

in Japan.

vegasgeek
12-01-2006, 08:42 AM
seriously? It already exists...

I know they have movies...i have most on DVD. Phallus in Wonderland is awesome. but i'm talking big screen, and not little scenes like in Mystery Date or Empire Records.

diela
12-01-2006, 04:38 PM
I'd like to see something about Nickleback. I think that would be pretty humourous. =P

I have to admit, I'd watch that one as well. :D

I'll admit to some curiosity about "child" pop stars like Debbie Gibson, or Tiffany, but more in a "watching a train wreck" fashion than anything else. I mean, how do you get a recording contract at 15 if you're NOT affiliated with Disney?