PDA

View Full Version : Third party Developers... Or Something.

groweed
11-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Kevin and Alex were talking in one of the diggnation episodes about "Third party Developers" (I think that's what they called them) and developing things for the Iphone. They talked about how one could pay a person to develop an app and then bank off the app. Well I have a lot of ideas for software that I would like to see come to reality and paying a person to do all the work would be a dream come true. Can any one point me to some websites where I could find people to do things like this for me?

Peace, GROWEED

tokenuser
11-09-2008, 10:19 PM
www.elance.com

Thats what Kevin did to get Digg off the ground.

comhcinc
11-09-2008, 10:19 PM
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/

problem solved. thread can be locked now.

groweed
11-09-2008, 10:25 PM
Thanks for that link! If I become a millionaire you're getting 10g's for sure.

tokenuser
11-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks for that link! If I become a millionaire you're getting 10g's for sure.BTW - I develop for the iPhone ... but have my hands full with my own projects ... maybe once I get these things off the ground.

skyz
11-09-2008, 11:00 PM
www.elance.com

Thats what Kevin did to get Digg off the ground.

and here all this time i thought kevin was some kind of tech genuis and did it all on his own

good i don't have a crush on him or my crush would be crushed

tokenuser
11-09-2008, 11:05 PM
and here all this time i thought kevin was some kind of tech genuis and did it all on his own

good i don't have a crush on him or my crush would be crushed

He outsourced to India (I think) definately offshore. Hired the guy via elance while he was still at G4. I dont think Kevin actually has any rogramming background. He's a tech savvy ideas guy.

rabidbadger
11-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Michelangelo, DaVinci, Warhol, all outsourced. It's the idea that matters. Skill is good, too. But not priority.

bigshotprof
11-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks for that link! If I become a millionaire you're getting 10g's for sure.

uh . . . hey . . . com stole that idea from me! That's right! Stole it! But in the interest of comity I will split the 10G