PDA

View Full Version : Guidelines for discussing the show

esophagus
05-05-2009, 06:07 AM
This section has been super heated. The entire debate has been heated with JV himself getting involved on his audio podcast. While everyone's opinion is to be respected you have to be civil about it. So, for the time being, I'm going to sticky this and I expect it to be read and understood.

Be SURE to read ALL of the rules for all of the forums.

1. Profane language may be necessary in certain situations to enhance a personal opinion, but use it with moderation. Targeting an individual or company with insults is unacceptable.

2. Creating comments about a person or group of people that is racist, threatening, insulting, abusive, etc is not allowed.

3. Be kind to other members by showing respect to their opinions and feelings. Making false claims about a person or company is prohibited. The use of the Revision3 forums is a privilege, not a right. Having a negative attitude, being a snob, and flaming will not be tolerated anywhere.This means no name calling. No blatant hate. If you want to diss the show be constructive. Want to point out where the show is going wrong? Feel free. Your constructive criticsm is wanted and needed. Want to say the company is going to hell and this is all, for no reason after seeing this one episode, is a sign of G4 TechTV all over again? Your opinion isn't needed here.

You also need to keep in mind that this forum represents a small but vocal group. When you see a thread with 30 negative posts it doesn't mean everyone hates the show it means those 30 people feel that way.

You also need to keep in mind that you don't have to love EVERY Revision3 show. It is perfectly fine if some people only come to watch JVs World or iFanboy or XLR8R or any other show. Its also okay if you want to come and only enjoy Tekzilla, Diggnation, and Pixel Perfect. You aren't expected to watch every show on the network. If this doesn't mess with your views it is okay. It just means you aren't the intended audience.

You also need to keep in mind only one episode has come out. Try listening to the backlog of his audio show or waiting for the next five or ten episodes to see if it improves.

Constructive Criticism/Positive Negativity:
- The show wasn't for me.
- I didn't enjoy this first episode, maybe I'll try number two.
- Here are a few areas I think need improvement.

Trolling/Arguing/Genuinely not being helpful:
- This show is terrible.
- Everything he says is wrong.
- Revision3 is going to fail.
- They need a new CEO.

What you think is not fact it is opinion. State it as such.

esophagus
05-05-2009, 06:21 AM
1-2 week bans will be handed out over the next little where moderators see fit. Trolling isn't helpful no matter how right you think you are.

Please be careful not just of what you say but most importantly how you say it.