PDA

View Full Version : Episode 2: JV Goes To Vegas [Discussion]

eminemdrdre00
05-18-2009, 06:47 AM
JV takes a trip to Vegas. While he is there, he takes an interest in the Lions at MGM.

http://revision3.com/jvsworld/jvdoesvegas/

eminemdrdre00
05-18-2009, 06:58 AM
wow...
Just when you thought it couldnt get any worse...it did!

aaronsaund
05-18-2009, 07:01 AM
Rev3 should have gotten MobLogic when it was still around and added that to the network instead of this. It covered important issues and current news. Why does Rev3 pay for this content and why aren't these videos just on youtube/his own website?

BTW, does he wear make-up? Wtf?

eminemdrdre00
05-18-2009, 07:03 AM
Rev3 should have gotten MobLogic when it was still around and added that to the network instead of this. It covered important issues and current news. Why does Rev3 pay for this content and why aren't these videos just on youtube/his own website?

I know! They dont even have a sponsor yet...so they're just wasting money hosting his stuff in 7 different formats.

He said "wait till I start shooting in the Revision3 studios". How is that going to change his boring content?

masterevilace
05-18-2009, 07:05 AM
He is tackling issues that people tackled 10 years ago.

Anyways.. the episode was better (supposedly this was filmed before the previous episode? so none of the criticism from the other threads would have gotten picked up...).. but the topic is still pretty 'whatever' in my book.

And what the hell was going on with the saturation in this episode?

dirtyhat
05-18-2009, 07:42 AM
I think this ep was better than the last but still not something i'd watch... I think the first 2 episodes were taped a few months ago so I'll check out 1 more episode that he does at the rev3 studios (as someone said above I don't know what that's going to change) but other than that I think I'm done with this show...

While I agree with the cruelty with animals protest this show doesn't add anything useful to that... the lions don't actually live in the habitat in the MGM, I think they live in a ranch in Vegas somewhere (I just went to vegas a week ago and pretty sure I read it while looking at the lion habitat). He'd make more sense being angry at some Zoo's where the habitats they live in aren't big enough.

There were some funny parts... rolling around in the airport got a little chuckle out of me. Probably only because it sounds like something me and my friends would do when we are drunk. And the awkward silence after telling the girl on the phone his plans for the night (although I'm sure the silence was post-production) was a little funny.

...At least he didn't tell MGM to eat shit & die 8 times...

klitzy
05-18-2009, 08:04 AM
I listened to everyone. I watched another episode. I gave it another shot. I may even give it one more watch when the next episode is released. 2/2 for bad content.

Not good content. Honestly...not a very good idea for a show anyway. There are plenty of more entertaining youtube celebs that should have their own "world" before JV.

However, with that said...reflecting back on the episode, it was better than the first. By episode 20, we should have a decent show because it wasn't much better, still not good...But I will give it credit where credit is due. Better than the first episode.

nesto37
05-18-2009, 08:38 AM
a few years ago some fools were taunting a tiger at the sf zoo, tiger leaped out the caged and handeled their biz-SNACH. My reaction...LMAO! I'm surpised these "trained" animals don't snap more often.

Episode #2 was ok. I wasn't laughing out loud, but it was more entertaining than the first.

After checking out the other revision 3 shows for about 2 weeks, i would say his content and flow of the show matches everything else on the site. I haven't seen another show that is more entertaining, organized, or designed any better. So really, JVsworld will be a different type of show with a different type of host.

Sucks to have to wait two weeks for the next show.

radzack
05-18-2009, 08:43 AM
That phone call had me laughing.

must_comment
05-18-2009, 09:07 AM
He's going after front desk employees and people on the street instead of getting the people who actually have some kind of say-so. I know this is for comedy but how much more EFFECTIVE and ENGAGING would this show be if he actually cornered an exec. Not to mention it would probably be funnier and entertaining (notice I did not say "more").

JV is not standing up for what he believes in if he doesn't confront people who can make change. He's just an armchair quarterback.

Curiosity had me check this out again, but I think I'm done. Unless he changes what I mentioned above, this show is not for me.

sirpopey
05-18-2009, 10:45 AM
So last week I came on here to speak out about how I thought the show highlighted how out of touch Revision3 was becoming with it's audience. After that JV's podcast responding to the criticisms hit and further cemented my dislike for the show. However Rev3 then released ROFL and I thought that maybe there was hope. Maybe Jim was right?

This one's just the beginning, the next one will be even better

Well at least I gave it a chance.

I am not a fan of this show and unless something in the title next time round catches my eye I shall not be watching again. I found the humour to be juvenille (not in an admirable way), the topics to be argued poorly and the host to be an unpleasant and crass. I simply did not enjoy it and I find it baffling how it was thought that the existing Rev3 audience would have loved this. Now I know we as the existing audience should simply not watch, it's not as if the entire spectrum of shows should cater to each individual's tastes but I'm just offering my two cents in hope that someone at Revision3 is reading this realising not to go down this route for further shows, it would be a wasted endeavour. I'm in no way calling for JV to be cancelled, I just won't be tuning in. A vertiable loss to any show I'm sure :p

I think the worst thing that this show has highlighted however, is how distanted Revision3 is from it's audience. At first the company was quite vocal about it's fans with many shows taking in fan content and opinions. But throughout the entire argument surrounding the first episode we had merely a slither of response which I find appaulling for a company who "gets it".

undergroundwire
05-18-2009, 12:47 PM
JV great job as always. Can't wait for the next episode.

He's going after front desk employees and people on the street instead of getting the people who actually have some kind of say-so. I know this is for comedy but how much more EFFECTIVE and ENGAGING would this show be if he actually cornered an exec.

Uh, then it wouldn't be comedy.

trumpeter617
05-18-2009, 12:52 PM
I stopped listening to SModcast for 6 minutes for that? Never again.

kzap
05-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Uh, then it wouldn't be comedy.
I don't mean offense by this but is it meant to be a comedy show?

undergroundwire
05-18-2009, 02:04 PM
I don't mean offense by this but is it meant to be a comedy show?

Exactly, I was responding to Shouldn't_Comment I mean must_comment. LOL.

boldfire
05-18-2009, 02:05 PM
I think this episode was a definite improvement on last weeks. Still not there for me though. The rolling bit made me laugh, but the rest was a bit like last week which I didn't really enjoy.

The phone call was pretty funny and broke up the 'serious' stuff, but by the end was bordering on sexual harassment.

I don't think the content is for me, so I'll look past that. Regarding the show's look itself the intro sequence is really good, but the framing of the show where you are in the top-left and the rest of the screen is wasted isn't so great. I think it'd work much better if it was full screen.

I'll keep watching for a few more episodes at least and give feedback because I think it could work... I don't know how this show could work in the studio though. It'll just be putting 'lipstick on a pig'.

undergroundwire
05-18-2009, 02:06 PM
After reading THE SAME PEOPLE WITH THE SAME OPINION... Pfffft... No matter what you watched you would have the SAME EXACT OPINION. Just change the channel & go away. (someone actually said it was "Juvenile".. HAHAHA.. Damn you must be old)

As far as the show.. I dont like how these animals are treated either. Throwing food against glass so some retards can watch the lions eat? Just so some little brat can see his teeth?

You know what I would like to see... Throw one of them people paying to see that inside the glass.. Id pay to see the lions eat their ass!

Agree with you 100000000000% on all counts.

undergroundwire
05-18-2009, 02:09 PM
but the framing of the show where you are in the top-left and the rest of the screen is wasted isn't so great. I think it'd work much better if it was full screen.

It actually looks beautifull on my 52" Wide-screen TV when I stream it to it.

I don't know how this show could work in the studio though. It'll just be putting 'lipstick on a pig'.

You put lipstick on a pig? Use protection. We already have enough cases of the Swine Flu.

kzap
05-18-2009, 02:13 PM
After reading THE SAME PEOPLE WITH THE SAME OPINION... Pfffft... No matter what you watched you would have the SAME EXACT OPINION. Just change the channel & go away. (someone actually said it was "Juvenile".. HAHAHA.. Damn you must be old)

Sorry but people like you were saying to give it another chance and even JV and rev3 said that the second episode was going to be better than the first, so people have a right to comment if they didn't think it was any better.
Shows like this should listen to viewer feedback and try and get better so of course people should be allowed to comment if they didn't think it got better.

As far as the show.. I dont like how these animals are treated either. Throwing food against glass so some retards can watch the lions eat? Just so some little brat can see his teeth?

You know what I would like to see... Throw one of them people paying to see that inside the glass.. Id pay to see the lions eat their ass!

No one here disagrees with that but the approach people like you and JV take is the wrong one. Making jokes about lions eating people doesn't help.

boldfire
05-18-2009, 02:25 PM
It actually looks beautifull on my 52" Wide-screen TV when I stream it to it.
The size of the screen hardly changes my point, with the way it's framed right now it's using a small portion of the screen real estate and wasting the rest. It is the same ratio of wasted space no matter what size your TV is.

You put lipstick on a pig? Use protection. We already have enough cases of the Swine Flu.
Funny fail.

undergroundwire
05-18-2009, 03:11 PM
The size of the screen hardly changes my point, with the way it's framed right now it's using a small portion of the screen real estate and wasting the rest. It is the same ratio of wasted space no matter what size your TV is.

Read carefully, When you are watching it on a wide screen TV, The size is big enough for what you are watching. Remember, he is not shooting the actual video in 16x9. So he puts other things on the video to fill it up nicely.

Instead of having black bars on the side. Why would you really prefer that?

I am sure Revison 3 has to have a program to teach people on the differences of full-screen and wide-screen.

boldfire
05-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Read carefully, When you are watching it on a wide screen TV, The size is big enough for what you are watching. Remember, he is not shooting the actual video in 16x9. So he puts other things on the video to fill it up nicely.

Instead of having black bars on the side. Why would you really prefer that?

I am sure Revison 3 has to have a program to teach people on the differences of full-screen and wide-screen.

[Edited post, I was being rude - sorry] I watch it on 16:10 (1440x900) and the frames annoyed the hell out of me - they are wasted space, and frankly ugly. If you'd rather I didn't give my own personal feedback and instead just absorb your own opinions then keep wishing sir, it's not going to happen. When you distribute the show in HD format you cannot justify shooting the show 4:3.

Totally Rad Show is 16:9 and has constant effects without the use of framing the video. This is what I'm saying, there are better ways to do it that how it's been done thus far.

Now feel free to post another response about why my opinion is wrong, I look forward to reading it.... carefully.

guytheninja
05-18-2009, 03:28 PM
As with ROFL, I'm still on the fence with this show. Its not overtly offensive, but in some parts of the video I fail to see the point. I don't understand why JV likes to call women on the phone all the time. This is something he does on his radio show. I guess he thinks it is funny, but it just seems boring to me.

I agreed with the part about the lions; I don't think lions should be in small glass cages either. This practice seems immoral to me, so I agree fully with JV on this one.

Over all, I saw an improvement. This show was better than Ep 1. He didn't make any slurs against anyone (esp gay people). Heck, he even bleeps his own curse words; I sure haven't seen the Diggnation crew do that yet. This show is not the best thing I have seen in my life, but its not the worst either. Today's show was alright, but I am still looking for more improvements in the future. :D

xibalba
05-18-2009, 03:41 PM
It was said wait till episode 3 before judging when he is in the studio as ep 1 and 2 he did himself.

undergroundwire
05-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Read carefully, you're just being a douche. I watch it on 16:10 (1440x900) and the frames annoyed the hell out of me - they are wasted space, and frankly ugly. If you'd rather I didn't give my own personal feedback and instead just absorb your own opinions then keep wishing sir, it's not going to happen. When you distribute the show in HD format you cannot justify shooting the show 4:3.

Totally Rad Show is 16:9 and has constant effects without the use of framing the video. This is what I'm saying, there are better ways to do it that how it's been done thus far.

Now feel free to post another response about why my opinion is wrong, I look forward to reading it.... carefully.

As usual you are not reading what I am writing here. JVs show is shot in 4:3 because it wasn't shot in a studio. Would you prefer the black bars on the side?

And really I can give two ishes about the Totally Rad show (Lame title) and Dignation (Two guys sitting on a couch reading of their laptop. Really people find this crap entertaining).

In the future try to be civil on the forum I didn't insult you so please if you have nothing intelligent to say keep your mouth shut instead of insulting me.

boldfire
05-18-2009, 04:00 PM
As usual you are not reading what I am writing here. JVs show is shot in 4:3 because it wasn't shot in a studio. Would you prefer the black bars on the side?

I am reading what you're writing. I acknowledged it was shot in 4:3, what I am saying is they shouldn't distribute the show on in 16:9 when its shot in 4:3, I find the framing distracting. Bouncing letters saying "Episode 2" is far more distracting than black letter boxing, so yes... I would prefer it as I have been trying to make clear in my previous posts.

And really I can give two ishes about the Totally Rad show (Lame title) and Dignation (Two guys sitting on a couch reading of their laptop. Really people find this crap entertaining).
Yes they do, and I am not commenting on JVs presenting or format here. I openly said I would look past that as it's obviously not for me.

In the future try to be civil on the forum I didn't insult you so please if you have nothing intelligent to say keep your mouth shut instead of insulting me.
I'll have you know that your "read carefully" and generally rude attitude towards my post actually did insult me. I appologise for calling you a name, shouldn't have done that. But I am more than civil in this forum, I like to think, generally - where as you have joined when JV popped up and have a long list of slurs against this community, this being just one of them:
Keep listening dick. He doesn't want to rip you a new one live because he is trying to work with you a - holes.

It doesn't make it right, but I think you sir are a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

As a general rule, anybody who says "if you have nothing intelligent to say keep your mouth shut" haven't anything intelligent to say themselves and see it fit to end an argument with that instead of proving their actual point.

I've had my say on the matter, I don't like the framing - you do. Let's keep it at that, shall we?

sirpopey
05-18-2009, 04:06 PM
I think the problem with this show is that it doesn't know what it wants to be. On the one hand it's pitched as a cynical rant where JV gets to air his issues which on paper is quite a good idea, however so far they have not been expressed well at all. Perhaps I stupidly expect logical argument and a bit of structure, alongside a certain degree of cynicism to go into this. Regardless, I think the point of the show is lost because of the poor attempts at humour.

I have no idea what the prank phone call to a receptionist had to do with the issue raised, nor do I think rolling on an airport floor or offering said receptionist coke is amusing in the slightest. This is all my opinion but I really do feel that it doesn't work having two themes to the show that don't gel. If he were to drop the "comedy" I think the show would be a lot better.

akitty79
05-18-2009, 04:13 PM
I liked it a lot. The phone call was funny. What was up with the cab driver...lmao. Can't wait for the next episode.

xfuuey
05-18-2009, 04:45 PM
I think this episode was quite a bit better...

totallyradroach
05-18-2009, 05:06 PM
He's going after front desk employees and people on the street instead of getting the people who actually have some kind of say-so. I know this is for comedy but how much more EFFECTIVE and ENGAGING would this show be if he actually cornered an exec.

I agree with this a hundred and ten percent. JV starts with talking about how outraged he is with caged animals and then proceeds to interview random tourists and receptionists in a skit that has no outcome and no real direction.

guytheninja
05-18-2009, 05:06 PM
I think the problem with this show is that it doesn't know what it wants to be. On the one hand it's pitched as a cynical rant where JV gets to air his issues which on paper is quite a good idea, however so far they have not been expressed well at all. Perhaps I stupidly expect logical argument and a bit of structure, alongside a certain degree of cynicism to go into this. Regardless, I think the point of the show is lost because of the poor attempts at humour.

I have no idea what the prank phone call to a receptionist had to do with the issue raised, nor do I think rolling on an airport floor or offering said receptionist coke is amusing in the slightest. This is all my opinion but I really do feel that it doesn't work having two themes to the show that don't gel. If he were to drop the "comedy" I think the show would be a lot better.

This is the main problem I have with this show as well. Its half rant, half highschool humor. And for me, at least, its not coming together; I feel like I am watching two shows which are mangled together --> but I did like the airport bit. That being said, this episode wasn't all bad. I thought it had some positive points too, and I saw improvement from last time.

I think this is JV's style, so who knows, maybe it is an acquired taste.

Anyway, I'll take Xibalba's advice and tune in for Ep3.

dr-nix
05-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Hmm a rant program could work i guess but only if the sujects where well thought out and so on.

You could also do a version of this show where you would have a host (like JV for instance) and then have guests on. And then have a subject or a number of subjects (depending on the length of the show). And basically talk about subjects like animal cruelty and/or whatever else there is to talk about.

eminemdrdre00
05-18-2009, 05:23 PM
It was said wait till episode 3 before judging when he is in the studio as ep 1 and 2 he did himself.

I just dont understand this argument. I dont really have a problem with the graphics/production. I just dont enjoy the boring content. How is a Revision3 studio going to fix that?

I agree with this a hundred and ten percent. JV starts with talking about how outraged he is with caged animals and then proceeds to interview random tourists and receptionists in a skit that has no outcome and no real direction.

Yeah the whole receptionist skit was just a lame attempt at comic relief during the serious issue he was talking about.

xibalba
05-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Probably have other people helping find content instead of him just doing it himself there by having better content. Not that hard to grasp.

kzap
05-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Probably have other people helping find content instead of him just doing it himself there by having better content. Not that hard to grasp.
But then it wouldn't be JVs World would it :D

undergroundwire
05-18-2009, 05:37 PM
It doesn't make it right, but I think you sir are a case of the pot calling the kettle black.
Wrong. The new guys were given a warning not to be like this. You Sir are not one of the new guys who joined this forum two weeks ago. I just didn't know any better day 1. Today is a different story. I have been civil the entire time. Me saying read carefully is not meant to be insulting. Most people can see that. However, I can see it as insulting when people take arguments too seriously. Remember, we are on the Internet. For all I know you could be my co-worker, UPS delivery guy or drug dealer.

As a general rule, anybody who says "if you have nothing intelligent to say keep your mouth shut" haven't anything intelligent to say themselves and see it fit to end an argument with that instead of proving their actual point.
Read what I wrote. It makes perfect sense. Further clarification continues here:

I've had my say on the matter, I don't like the framing - you do. Let's keep it at that, shall we?
Believe it or not, I actually agree with you... to an extent. Of course no framing (with the video being shot entirely in wide-screen) would be perfect. Since this is not the case, I prefer the framing to fill out my television set. Other wise I would have to turn on the Grey bars on my plasma. That is why I kept asking you if you prefer the black bars on the side. If you were a nut about your plasma set as I am, you know what I mean about the black bars.

dirtyhat
05-18-2009, 05:48 PM
I stopped listening to SModcast for 6 minutes for that? Never again.

i LOVE smodcast!!! cool to see another listener here on the forums...

(PS your crazy for even thinking of pausing Smodcast for JV)

gi_josh
05-18-2009, 05:49 PM
So, the call with the receptionist was funny, which is what I gather JV does best. The rest of the episode was just meh. If he did more of the prank call stuff, or just more stuff without some stupid "message" then I would like him more.

kzap
05-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Wrong. The new guys were given a warning not to be like this. You Sir are not one of the new guys who joined this forum two weeks ago. I just didn't know any better day 1. Today is a different story. I have been civil the entire time. Me saying read carefully is not meant to be insulting.

I would find it insulting you are implying that he didn't (or couldn't) read it properly.
Also calling someone a drug dealing (or saying they could be for all you know) is not the best way to convince them you are not trying to be insulting.

Believe it or not, I actually agree with you... to an extent. Of course no framing (with the video being shot entirely in wide-screen) would be perfect. Since this is not the case, I prefer the framing to fill out my television set. Other wise I would have to turn on the Grey bars on my plasma. That is why I kept asking you if you prefer the black bars on the side. If you were a nut about your plasma set as I am, you know what I mean about the black bars.

What about those of us without wide screen TVs I would rather it filled my whole 4:3 screen and didn't have bars at the top and bottom AND weird graphics.
I don't mind bars on there own but only if the video was show 16:9.

undergroundwire
05-18-2009, 07:14 PM
I would find it insulting you are implying that he didn't (or couldn't) read it properly.
Also calling someone a drug dealing (or saying they could be for all you know) is not the best way to convince them you are not trying to be insulting.

IT IS A JOKE :rolleyes:

What about those of us without wide screen TVs I would rather it filled my whole 4:3 screen and didn't have bars at the top and bottom AND weird graphics.
I don't mind bars on there own but only if the video was show 16:9.

Are you serious? This is a tech site you know. It should just cater to those who have widescreens. Just so you know, 4:3 screens are mostly LCDs, Rear projectors, projectors or CRTs. The black bars wouldn't affect those type of technologies. However it does affect Plasma.

And because you don't own a plasma let me direct to some reading on the matter. http://www.plasmasaver.com/burnin.html

Rebuttal fail!

quantumblink
05-18-2009, 07:14 PM

Chill out dude. He's not calling him a potential drug dealer. He's just reminding people that this is the internet and you may just be talking to someone who is a part of your interactions in the non-virtual world.

Since Underground Wire is a person who orders things that are delivered by UPS and also is a purchaser of drugs, he is just highlighting that boldfire may just be another of his many various interactions in the real world. There is no point in being overly sensitive on the internet.

People seem to take things extremely literally and seriously here.

guytheninja
05-18-2009, 07:29 PM

How many times have I had to say this on forums! If it makes you feel any better, I did notice that joke, and I saw it as it was --- a joke.

People always read forums expecting everything to be a personal attack. This is unfortunate.

undergroundwire
05-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Boldfire found no offense to it because he more than likely knew it was a joke. However, kzap felt it necessary to make the situation worse by causing a divide.

Chill out dude. He's not calling him a potential drug dealer. He's just reminding people that this is the internet and you may just be talking to someone who is a part of your interactions in the non-virtual world.

Since Underground Wire is a person who orders things that are delivered by UPS and also is a purchaser of drugs, he is just highlighting that boldfire may just be another of his many various interactions in the real world. There is no point in being overly sensitive on the internet.

Well said. And I may give you a call later about that thing in the corner later.

I think it's because Revision 3 is expanding and they don't like it. That's my opinion.

miss-bella
05-18-2009, 07:40 PM
I think the problem with this show is that it doesn't know what it wants to be.

Yep, I feel like most the time I was watching some promo video made by PETA.

quantumblink
05-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Well said. And I may give you a call later about that thing in the corner later.

Dammit man, now they know I'm the dealer, boldfire is the co-worker, and kzap is the UPS guy. I appreciate you trying to jumble it up and keep my cover for a second.

See you later on the corner. You better have what you owe me from before, otherwise I might have to take that pretty little plasma you're always talking about.

kzap
05-18-2009, 08:17 PM
That's as well as maybe but still it wasn't needed

Are you serious? This is a tech site you know.
Is there something I'm missing last time I checked JVs World was not a tech show, it appears he hates nerds.
I assume you mean tech site.

It should just cater to those who have widescreens. Just so you now, 4:3 screens are mostly LCDs, Rear projectors, projectors or CRTs. The black bars wouldn't affect those type of technologies. However it does affect Plasma.
True but either way they still look ugly I doubt JV was smart enough to know that putting graphics there would be good for plasma TV's he would just gone "Oooh! pretty colors, I want in my video!"

kzap
05-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Boldfire found no offense to it because he more than likely knew it was a joke. However, kzap felt it necessary to make the situation worse by causing a divide.
I did not intend to make the situation worse but if I did, HAHA!
If it was a joke it was a joke at the others expense either way it wasn't funny. So in my book not a joke a joke is something like "There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't". Not just saying someone can't read.

kzap
05-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Dammit man, now they know I'm the dealer, boldfire is the co-worker, and kzap is the UPS guy.
Indeed I am a Uninterruptible power supply How did you know?

kzap
05-18-2009, 08:27 PM
I got that but he choice "drug dealer" for a reason.

There is no point in being overly sensitive on the internet.
There is, you might offend someone, true they can't come and smash you round the head with a crow bar like they would IRL but still you should just insensitive because you can.

Indeed, although it could be because I pulled an all-nighter last night and I always get a bit trolly (that's troll like) when I'm tired.

krishnancc
05-18-2009, 08:39 PM
I liked it a lot. The phone call was funny. What was up with the cab driver...lmao. Can't wait for the next episode.

No it wasn't funny really .... Ok so i lied i gave it one more episode, its like a car crash you can't turn away. The show has nothing to do with his set or screen format that people are talking about.

the content again was not interesting, he did make a better effort with the whole animal angle but he lost all the credibility with that childish phone call, it maybe funny on drive time radio but prank calls are not funny. overall, it still lacks any sense of direction.

krishnancc
05-18-2009, 08:41 PM

I think it's because Revision 3 is expanding and they don't like it. That's my opinion.

rev3 has expanded before, its not the issue if you were a member here as long as others you would know, or take a look at the old shows ... cooking, wine ect. not just tech shows please stop using that as an excuse.

speed
05-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Sorry if I repeat anything that has already been said, but I wanted to comment before I read the other posts (I don't want other people's complains corrupting my opinions).

Overall, it was better, but still not great. He made a few good (albeit old) points, but they're overshadowed by the douchy way he says them. I think it's the shock jock background he has, but he just makes himself sound like an ass while making a decent point. The sidebar still annoys me, as does his intro (don't call America "a little less free" unless you're going to address that in one of the first episodes). On top of that, I really think he needs to get a better camera (though that is a minor complaint since it's the type of show that could survive as an audio show), and, finally, remove the censorship. If Diggnation, The Totally Rad Show and The Digg Reel don't need censorship, I don't see why JV's World does.

Overall, it does have potential, I just think he needs to lose the censorship and sidebar thing, pick better topics, attempt to talk to the people who make the decisions (though I know it won't happen, especially while his show is new), tone down the shock jock-ness of the way he delivers his rants and consider re-doing the intro (I don't know why, but it just annoys the hell out of me)

undergroundwire
05-18-2009, 08:55 PM
I did not intend to make the situation worse but if I did, HAHA!
If it was a joke it was a joke at the others expense either way it wasn't funny. So in my book not a joke a joke is something like "There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't". Not just saying someone can't read.

It is more of expense on my part. Think about it. And the binary joke is lame. It's no wonder why Micro Center can't sell these shirts at all.

That's as well as maybe but still it wasn't needed
Really, JV is a comedy show as well. If you don't want it, don't post here. Correct?

Is there something I'm missing last time I checked JVs World was not a tech show, it appears he hates nerds.
I assume you mean tech site.
Yes. You are missing a lot but I will address this one. Revision 3 is a Tech site. I never said JVs World was a Tech site.

True but either way they still look ugly I doubt JV was smart enough to know that putting graphics there would be good for plasma TV's he would just gone "Oooh! pretty colors, I want in my video!"
I suppose he can just sit in front of a camera on his couch with a laptop. Oh wait. There already is a lame show that does that.

I got that but he choice "drug dealer" for a reason.
I chose it to be funny. I assume you meant chose.

xibalba
05-18-2009, 08:57 PM
It's obvious his humor isn't for everyone I happen to enjoy it. But my sense of humor is a bit twisted as I enjoy AxCx and just their song titles crack me up.

undergroundwire
05-18-2009, 09:01 PM
It's obvious his humor isn't for everyone I happen to enjoy it. But my sense of humor is a bit twisted as I enjoy AxCx and just their song titles crack me up.

You and I are going to get along just fine.:D

tromoly
05-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Watched about 2 minutes, shut it off and did something worthwhile. In audio form it may be OK, but IMO shock-jock antics don't work well on camera.

boldfire
05-18-2009, 09:13 PM
Revision 3 is a Tech site. I never said JVs World was a Tech site.

Revision3 is not a technology website. It has never been and will never be. Because of it's roots from TechTV's talent starting the company meant that the initial shows were technology focused, but just so that you know here is a list of shows Revision3 has made.

Co-Op : Gaming / Technology
Digg Dialogg : Interviews
Diggnation : Current affairs / News
The Digg Reel : Funny videos
Hak5 : Technology
iFanboy : Comic Books
JVs World : Rants / Comedy / Opinion / ???
Pixel Perfect : Photoshop Tutorials / Online Learning
ROFL : Standup Comedy
Scam School : Bar tricks / Magic / Scams
Systm : Technology
Tekzilla : Technology
Totally Rad Show : TV / Movies / Comics / Games / Other
XLR8R TV : Music / Arts
Ctrl+Alt+Chicken : Cooking - No longer airing on Rev3
EpicFU : News / Music / Culture - No longer airing on Rev3
GigaOM : Technology - No longer airing on Rev3
InDigital : Technology - No longer airing on Rev3
Infected : Technology - No longer airing on Rev3
Internet Superstar : Technology / Interviews / Culture - No longer airing on Rev3
Not MTV - Music - No longer airing on Rev3
PopSiren - Culture - No longer airing on Rev3
Revision3 Gazette - Behind the scenes magazine - No longer airing on Rev3
Social Brew - Technology - No longer airing on Rev3
The Broken - Technology - No longer airing on Rev3
Web Drifter - Technology - No longer airing on Rev3
Wine Library - Wine - No longer airing on Rev3

Only the ones highlighted yellow are technology, and those red are OLD technology shows from time gone by, green are all the ones which, like JVs World are little-tech related or not at all... so please stop using "You don't like it because it's not tech" as a comeback, you obviously don't know about Revision3 but feel fit to insult us because of your presumptions. We don't like it for the reasons we have stated... in fact not just stated, but actively given as suggestions for future episodes.

metalcard
05-18-2009, 09:15 PM
I gave it another show, and I still don't enjoy it. Maybe I'll check it out again in a few months and see if its changed, but for now, this is not something I enjoy.

speed
05-18-2009, 09:18 PM
One last comment: I think the biggest problem with JV's World is that it's not the type of show that fits on Rev3. This is (more or less) a tech network and the main viewers are tech geeks/nerds. If Rev3 wants to expand it's content, so be it (though I disagree), but putting the guy who seems to embody the high-school douchebag who annoyed the hell out of us for 3 years on a show just isn't the way to do it. This is the type of show I'd expect to see on late-night SpikeTV, but it just doesn't fit on Rev3.

Boldfire: I would argue that TDR and Diggnation are tech shows. TDR since (like it or not) the internet IS tech, Diggnation since it started out talking only tech, the majority of viewers want them to go back to only tech, the latest (and best in a long time) episode was tech only. TDR is less of a tech show, but it still has it's geek roots and Diggnation IS a tech show. Rev3 is branching out, but it's roots are still rooted in technology. Hell, the only shows that is current airs that don't dabble in tech a little are Scam School and ROFL (I've never watched Xlr8r, so I won't comment on that and I don't really count Digg Dialogg as a Rev3 show since only some of its episodes air of Rev3 and it's a Digg show first and foremost, but hosting it on Rev3 is easier than building a video backend for Digg). I'll never understand why the users are ashamed to admit that Rev3 is more tech than anything else.

minton
05-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Okay show 2 didn't suck as much as show 1, I'll give him another chance, the topics are a little blah, but his rants aren't horrible...hopefully they keep getting better

undergroundwire
05-18-2009, 09:22 PM
One last comment: I think the biggest problem with JV's World is that it's not the type of show that fits on Rev3. This is (more or less) a tech network and the main viewers are tech geeks/nerds. If Rev3 wants to expand it's content, so be it (though I disagree), but putting the guy who seems to embody the high-school douchebag who annoyed the hell out of us for 3 years on a show just isn't the way to do it. This is the type of show I'd expect to see on late-night SpikeTV, but it just doesn't fit on Rev3.

Look at BoldFire's post THIS IS NOT A TECH SITE.:rolleyes:

undergroundwire
05-18-2009, 09:24 PM
Revision3 is not a technology website. It has never been and will never be. Because of it's roots from TechTV's talent starting the company meant that the initial shows were technology focused, but just so that you know here is a list of shows Revision3 has made.

Co-Op : Gaming / Technology
Digg Dialogg : Interviews
Diggnation : Current affairs / News
The Digg Reel : Funny videos
Hak5 : Technology
iFanboy : Comic Books
JVs World : Rants / Comedy / Opinion / ???
Pixel Perfect : Photoshop Tutorials / Online Learning
ROFL : Standup Comedy
Scam School : Bar tricks / Magic / Scams
Systm : Technology
Tekzilla : Technology
Totally Rad Show : TV / Movies / Comics / Games / Other
XLR8R TV : Music / Arts
Ctrl+Alt+Chicken : Cooking - No longer airing on Rev3
EpicFU : News / Music / Culture - No longer airing on Rev3
GigaOM : Technology - No longer airing on Rev3
InDigital : Technology - No longer airing on Rev3
Infected : Technology - No longer airing on Rev3
Internet Superstar : Technology / Interviews / Culture - No longer airing on Rev3
Not MTV - Music - No longer airing on Rev3
PopSiren - Culture - No longer airing on Rev3
Revision3 Gazette - Behind the scenes magazine - No longer airing on Rev3
Social Brew - Technology - No longer airing on Rev3
The Broken - Technology - No longer airing on Rev3
Web Drifter - Technology - No longer airing on Rev3
Wine Library - Wine - No longer airing on Rev3

Only the ones highlighted yellow are technology, and those red are OLD technology shows from time gone by, green are all the ones which, like JVs World are little-tech related or not at all... so please stop using "You don't like it because it's not tech" as a comeback, you obviously don't know about Revision3 but feel fit to insult us because of your presumptions. We don't like it for the reasons we have stated... in fact not just stated, but actively given as suggestions for future episodes.

SOMEONE SHOULD SERIOUSLY UPDATE THE WIKIPEDIA ENTRY THEN. CHECK OUT THE INDUSTRY. :D

P.S. Tech is short for technology.

boldfire
05-18-2009, 09:28 PM
6. TYPING IN ALL CAPS IS ANNOYING AND IS CONSIDERED ALONG THE LINES OF FLAMING, WHICH IS PROHIBITED.
The above is from the community forum rules, it was probably an honest mistake but just so that you know :)

I'm not sure what a Wikipedia (which at the best of times you need to take with a grain of salt) has to do with this argument, to be honest with you. Thanks for letting me know about 'tech', I thought it was odd that an Internet Television network had various programmes about technicolour.... silly me!

speed
05-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Look at BoldFire's post THIS IS NOT A TECH SITE.:rolleyes:

Read the edit to my post.

boldfire
05-18-2009, 09:36 PM
Yeah speed, I see why you consider them technology shows. I used to think of Diggnation as technology but now I think of it as news with a tech slant now and then. Digg Reel is rarely techy though, but definitely geek culture. So fair points, I think it just comes down to perception on those shows - they're kinda grey areas.

quantumblink
05-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Revision3 is not a technology website. It has never been and will never be.

you obviously don't know about Revision3 but feel fit to insult us because of your presumptions. We don't like it for the reasons we have stated... in fact not just stated, but actively given as suggestions for future episodes.

Ummm 5 minutes later a long standing rev 3 member said that it is a tech site.

It seems you guys yourselves can't agree on that.

It's not just the new guys "presuming" it is a tech site, we've heard it from plenty of older members as well.

"Rev 3 is a tech site, JV's World has no place here"

Can't have your cake and eat it too buddy. Maybe you should take this argument up with the older members who seem to disagree with your viewpoint.

undergroundwire
05-18-2009, 09:42 PM
The above is from the community forum rules, it was probably an honest mistake but just so that you know :)

I'm not sure what a Wikipedia (which at the best of times you need to take with a grain of salt) has to do with this argument, to be honest with you. Thanks for letting me know about 'tech', I thought it was odd that an Internet Television network had various programmes about technicolour.... silly me!

Glad to know. But i put it in CAPS because I think it deserves your attention. I never heard of this site before. When I heard JV was coming to this site, that is where I went to get information from. If you were to be so kind, please read the Wikipedia entry and let me and the other newbies know if they got anything else wrong. That would be greatly appreciated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revision_3

boldfire
05-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Ummm 5 minutes later a long standing rev 3 member said that it is a tech site.

It seems you guys yourselves can't agree on that.

It's not just the new guys "presuming" it is a tech site, we've heard it from plenty of older members as well.

"Rev 3 is a tech site, JV's World has no place here"

Can't have your cake and eat it too buddy. Maybe you should take this argument up with the older members who seem to disagree with your viewpoint.

I responded to him, and understand his point of view and like I said to him it's down to perception but what he considers tech I considered geek culture. If people want to have a conversation, like Speed and I are having instead of just flaming then that's fine. But I really don't want to keep posting on this thread to just be shot down time and time again because people would rather shouting their PoV's as loud as possible instead of discussing. This is a forum, after all.

I'll check back in after next week's episode.

xibalba
05-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Revision3 hasn't been a "Tech" Site in quite awhile. At first with just DN, Systm, and the broken it was. But that changed after the orignal white layout changed to the gray/green one. Now I consider it a Internet TV Station with a mix of shows from different genres.

I'm a pretty old member see join date^ and lurked since the beginning before I decided to join in.

undergroundwire
05-18-2009, 09:56 PM
I find it funny that what JVs show is being criticized for (Not knowing what it wants to be) is the same thing Revision 3 is.

This is taken from their about page:

Revision3 is the first media company that gets it, born from the Internet, on-demand generation. Unlike aggregators, mash-ups, and user-generated video sites, Revision3 is an actual TV network for the web, creating and producing its own original, broadcast quality shows.

The company was founded in 2005 by technology visionaries Kevin Rose, Jay Adelson, Dan Huard, Ron Gorodetzky, and David Prager, because they couldn't find anything they wanted to watch on traditional television, and is now led by Internet TV pioneer Jim Louderback.

The content is designed for a new audience: passionate committed fans who want to watch shows that entertain, educate and help expand their life experiences. The audience expects professionally produced programming but wants it to be unexpected, edgy, smart and real. They also want to watch shows whenever they want, wherever they are, and on whatever device they choose, including everything from a 70" HDTV to an iPod or Cell phone. Revision3 covers technology, comedy, modern culture, music and more. Our hosts don't come from Hollywood. Instead, they come from the same passionate fan base as our audience. They are engaging, personal, smart and connected - experts with the insight and acceptance that naturally puts them at the center of the community.

Revision3's shows can be found everywhere from Revision3.com to a wide range of traditional and new platforms, including iTunes, Bittorrent, DivX, YouTube, PyroTV and more. We will work with almost any distribution platform, using every video encoding format available, including flash, H.264 and others. We want our content accessible to the greatest possible audience, on as many devices and networks as possible.

Revision3 has attracted a wide-range of top advertisers including Sony, Netflix, Dolby, Microsoft, IBM, HP, Southern Comfort, Virgin America, Verizon and FX Networks. Advertisers enjoy a unique bond with the audience via customized message integration and host mentions that deliver phenomenal results. Our clutter-free environment is perfect for everything from direct response to branding.

I just felt that it should be pointed out so that it can be discussed in a civil matter.

undergroundwire
05-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Now I consider it a Internet TV Station with a mix of shows from different genres.

Kinda of like subscribing to a YouTube channel then? Where not everyone will like everything that is on it but will still watch other programming.

I only ask because I really don't know. It's a vague description that really needs clarification for us "newbies".

eminemdrdre00
05-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Where in there is Revision3 confused about what it wants to be?

speed
05-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Yeah speed, I see why you consider them technology shows. I used to think of Diggnation as technology but now I think of it as news with a tech slant now and then. Digg Reel is rarely techy though, but definitely geek culture. So fair points, I think it just comes down to perception on those shows - they're kinda grey areas.

I def. understand your point (including Diggnation), however I've also argued quite vehemently that Diggnation should go back to it's tech roots, since it was much better then.

QuantumBlink, keep in mind my opinion of Rev3 is at odds with the official opinion of Rev3 management. It's no secret that Rev3 is trying to branch out beyond tech, I just feel that it is a bad decision to do this.

To be fair, my biggest complain about JV'S World is that in the back of my mind I'm thinking "They canceled Internet Superstar for THIS?!"

undergroundwire
05-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Where in there is Revision3 confused about what it wants to be?

Revision3 is the first media company that gets it

Uh, gets what? Pretty confusing don't you think.

undergroundwire
05-18-2009, 10:14 PM
To be fair, my biggest complain about JV'S World is that in the back of my mind I'm thinking "They canceled Internet Superstar for THIS?!"

I see your point. I'd be a hatter too if it was something like that for me.

But then again, like the old cliche goes, you can't cut off your ear to spite your face.

What was that show anyway?

speed
05-18-2009, 10:16 PM
It does comedy, technology, etc. Why can't one guy be all over the place
Revision3 is the first media company that gets it

Uh, gets what? Pretty confusing don't you think.

The difference is, each show (for the most part) is quality. If JV could do a good job at each thing, then it would be ok. Notice how each show on Rev3 is generally only about one thing? TRS is the closest thing Rev3 has to a variety show, and even that is still dominated by reviews of pop-culture. This is the first Rev3 show I've watched that was all over the place and doesn't know what it wants to be. Rev3 knows what it wants to be, and it generally does a good job of it.

Beyond that, 5 minutes is far too short to be all over the place in a stream of consciousness brain fart. (I use that term lightly)

undergroundwire
05-18-2009, 10:19 PM
The difference is, each show (for the most part) is quality. If JV could do a good job at each thing, then it would be ok. Notice how each show on Rev3 is generally only about one thing? TRS is the closest thing Rev3 has to a variety show, and even that is still dominated by reviews of pop-culture. This is the first Rev3 show I've watched that was all over the place and doesn't know what it wants to be. Rev3 knows what it wants to be, and it generally does a good job of it.

Beyond that, 5 minutes is far too short to be all over the place in a stream of consciousness brain fart. (I use that term lightly)

Its called JVs World. Does your world revolve around one thing and one thing only? If mine did (like today for example), I would be bored.

quantumblink
05-18-2009, 10:20 PM
QuantumBlink, keep in mind my opinion of Rev3 is at odds with the official opinion of Rev3 management. It's no secret that Rev3 is trying to branch out beyond tech, I just feel that it is a bad decision to do this.

Yeah I understand what you're saying.

I was just trying to make the point that when "rev3 is a tech site" is used as a counter-argument by someone who is new to the site, he gets jumped all over for that argument.

But when someone says "rev3 is a tech site so there is no place here for JV's World", those same people don't argue against that statement.

IMHO, I don't know much about tech. and I tried to watch a few of the other shows here...I think to most of the average non-tech people out there this site seems very "tech-ish". The label means nothing to me either way as I will continue to try out the other shows here while also supporting JV's World.

quantumblink
05-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Ok so i lied i gave it one more episode

Like we didn't know you'd come back...

Even though you were very adamant about how you would never watch again.

Im going to speak with my choice not to ever watch

:rolleyes:

Call me Gary Spivey. I've already said you'd be back, in fact you are going to be one of this show's biggest followers. You got a real hater attitude, and I know you love the drama.

See you in two weeks.

undergroundwire
05-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Like we didn't know you'd come back...

Even though you were very adamant about how you would never watch again.

:rolleyes:

Call me Nostradumus. I've already said you'd be back, in fact you are going to be one of this show's biggest followers. You got a real hater attitude, and I know you love the drama.

See you in two weeks.

Tell the truth now. Do you have a white Afro and did you once tell my blind friend in Long Island you see him driving a truck. And NO I will not call you Nostradumus but I will call you Gary.

brycehebert
05-18-2009, 10:39 PM
So now that this crap of a show is out I really, really just want to know what in the world the Rev3 Beta is for. There are shows 20X better than this garbage on there that have been putting out good content consistently for months (Bottle Blends and Brews) and yet are still in the Beta. Not one show has been promoted to the main Rev3 site as it was said that they would be once they've proven themselves in Beta, yet zero shows have been promoted since the Beta emerged. Why does this JV guy get to make a horrible show and be automatically thrown on the front page when these other shows have been busting their asses with no reward?

So I reiterate: What is the Beta for?!

quantumblink
05-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Tell the truth now. Do you have a white Afro and did you once tell my blind friend in Long Island you see him driving a truck. And NO I will not call you Nostradumus but I will call you Gary.

LOL.

Damn, I can't believe I slighted Gary for Nostradamus...

That blind a-hole is a liar!

It's been fixed sir.

krishnancc
05-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Hey UndergroundWire does JV pay you by the letter or paragraph to defend him?

undergroundwire
05-18-2009, 11:16 PM
Hey UndergroundWire does JV pay you by the letter or paragraph to defend him?

Care to revise that?

mr-underachiever
05-19-2009, 12:34 AM
I think this episode was a definite improvement on last weeks. Still not there for me though.

What this guy said.

speed
05-19-2009, 01:07 AM
Its called JVs World. Does your world revolve around one thing and one thing only? If mine did (like today for example), I would be bored.

But if the show is supposed to be about his rants, stick with rants, if it's about him prank calling people, let him stick with that.

I would LOVE for this show to evolve into him ranting about something then trying to get an interview with one of the decision makers to talk about his rants (if he can't, show him trying and failing, it makes for just as good "tv").

If he does stick with ranting, however, he should consider writing a script and revising, etc. (even get some friends to read it a few times and give suggestions), because the stream of consciousness thing doesn't work well in a recorded rant. Also (once again) lose the censorship. It does him no favors and takes a LOT away from the show.

kingraf01
05-19-2009, 04:22 AM
Wow tech site or not i don't care to get into it again with people and THEIR opinions. lmao!

JV good job! I liked the new Gen3 intro! Enjoyed the "rants" and the "prank call" and the graphics you did throughtout the vid.

KEEP 'EM COMIN!

Oh yea almost 4got sumthin... Thanks Rev3 for given this no name radio shock jock a chance of maaaaaaaybeeee becoming famous!

leorcastillo
05-19-2009, 04:40 AM
Alright, seriously my non-fellow geeks and nerds. Enough already. This show is about humor, double entendre, drug references, and content generally meant for a mature audience of a "cool" nature. Your constant panning and complaining is getting to be re-goddamn-diculous.

The best thing I could describe it as is as follows: There's a house party going on. The music is bangin, the DJ is spinning some house, high energy or even some down and dirty beats, people are having a great time. Maybe we're smoking some dank, there's every kind of liquor imaginable. It will in retrospect be remembered as one of the all time great house parties. This is what JV's community can be described as. He's a local celebrity here in the San Francisco Bay Area and as I think you should have learned by now, while you've been used to being the most vocal Rev3 followers up until now, JV's community can be just as vocal and just as passionate about what we like about this show. So really, it's a detente.

So. With that being said. Back to my analogy of the house party. What do we see when we look outside the window from within the house party? We pull back the curtains and we see you and your pathetic, lonely friends standing curbside, talking trash about the party you secretly wish you could be a part of. And the sad part? You could be, if only you weren't such self-loathing individuals. You say you tried to like the show...ok, you don't. So go away. There's room for all of us. It's as simple as that.

EminemDrDre00, Klitzy, and others: Move on down the block to some other friends house where you guys can all sit around and stare at your computer screens, together. I think there's a garage sale up the street of old computer parts and model train sets. That should make you happy.

Nuff said.

quantumblink
05-19-2009, 04:47 AM
Alright, seriously my non-fellow geeks and nerds. Enough already. This show is about humor, double entendre, drug references, and content generally meant for a mature audience of a "cool" nature. Your constant panning and complaining is getting to be re-goddamn-diculous.

The best thing I could describe it as is as follows: There's a house party going on. The music is bangin, the DJ is spinning some house, high energy or even some down and dirty beats, people are having a great time. Maybe we're smoking some dank, there's every kind of liquor imaginable. It will in retrospect be remembered as one of the all time great house parties. This is what JV's community can be described as. He's a local celebrity here in the San Francisco Bay Area and as I think you should have learned by now, while you've been used to being the most vocal Rev3 followers up until now, JV's community can be just as vocal and just as passionate about what we like about this show. So really, it's a detente.

So. With that being said. Back to my analogy of the house party. What do we see when we look outside the window from within the house party? We pull back the curtains and we see you and your pathetic, lonely friends standing curbside, talking trash about the party you secretly wish you could be a part of. And the sad part? You could be, if only you weren't such self-loathing individuals. You say you tried to like the show...ok, you don't. So go away. There's room for all of us. It's as simple as that.

EminemDrDre00, Klitzy, and others: Move on down the block to some other friends house where you guys can all sit around and stare at your computer screens, together. I think there's a garage sale up the street of old computer parts and model train sets. That should make you happy.

Nuff said.

OH DAMN!

This dude knows what he's talkin about.

As Tall Can would say "that's some real talk, that ain't no bullshit!"

LMAO at the garage sale....:D

quantumblink
05-19-2009, 05:03 AM
I would LOVE for this show to evolve into him ranting about something then trying to get an interview with one of the decision makers to talk about his rants (if he can't, show him trying and failing, it makes for just as good "tv").

Dude you're totally on point here.

If he does stick with ranting, however, he should consider writing a script and revising, etc. (even get some friends to read it a few times and give suggestions)

I kinda agree with what you're saying here. But I'm also one of these people that constantly jumps from talking about one thing to talking about another in 2 seconds flat...totally "ADD"

I know you're looking for a little more structure and solid understanding of what you will get every two weeks...Unfortunately, I'm not sure if JV will give you that. He's always jumping around with his words, and if he is going to be doing some kinda live show for rev3 (no idea what the in-studio show is gonna be like), that structure will never happen.

However, if it's a recorded show, then there is a chance that maybe he will give a more structured show. He's definitely not the kind of guy to ignore all feedback, and I'm sure he wants to get established here as well.

He was off the airwaves for over a year and he seems really hungry. He will deliver what the majority wants.

the stream of consciousness thing doesn't work well in a recorded rant. Also (once again) lose the censorship. It does him no favors and takes a LOT away from the show.

Isn't there a stream of consciousness rant show here on rev3? I thought I had read something like that.

And the censorship definitely needs to go. I'm just afraid he may have a leash on him due to the line he crossed on his "rant" after the initial feedback. I highly doubt he makes that mistake again. Take off the leash, this guy knows how to deliver comedy and captivating entertainment.

speed
05-19-2009, 05:30 AM
Well, none of the other shows censor (Tekzilla and Systm are careful to avoid swears, but if they slip in, so be it), so I don't see why that would be a problem.

I think the biggest obstacle for JV is the attitude of his fans. I'd like to think most Rev3 users will be forgiving enough to give him a chance after his rant, and his humor isn't necessarily too crass for Rev3, since both Martin Sargent and Brian Brushwood have done well on this network and can have the "frat boy" mentality from time to time, but they never flat out attacked the user base for rejecting the show, they merely asked for input and another chance. JV still has a chance to do it, but the biggest problem is his fans. Internet Superstar and Scam School fans never made character attacks against haters of those shoes (with maybe a few exceptions), but I'm seeing quite a few fans of JV simply say "well, Rev3 viewers are just nerds" or "this is a house party, don't like it fuck off and go home", etc. That kind of douchyness is everything I hated about the "frat boys" in college and the stoners or jocks in high school, and they're associating that behavior with JV and being a fan of JV. If fans of JV are (for lack of a better word) the stereotypical bullies, why would I want to join that group?

I'm also the ADD type (you'll notice a lot of my posts are, hypocritically, a stream of consciousness style that jumps from point to point), but when I'm doing a video, or presenting an argument in a debate, etc. I write my speech so I stay on point and only deviate from the script if I know it's on point and will help. I tend to talk fast (especially while delivering a speech or debate) and am very quick on my feet when I'm knowledgeable of the topic at hand, so that's never my worry, I just know that while it makes sense to me, it won't make sense to anyone listening, and that's the problem here

guytheninja
05-19-2009, 06:11 AM
And the censorship definitely needs to go. I'm just afraid he may have a leash on him due to the line he crossed on his "rant" after the initial feedback. I highly doubt he makes that mistake again. Take off the leash, this guy knows how to deliver comedy and captivating entertainment.

I've listened to his podcast on wild 95 (or whatever) and he uses those bleeps in his podcast. I don't know if it is an FCC thing, but I thought it was a part of his style.

Anyway, I have noticed that the Rev3 community was very hard on JV's first episode. The first episode of every show is going to suck; thats the way it is. Heck, you should see the comments left on Episode 1 of ROFL. I think my comment was the harshest! All I said was that some of the comedians were funny, some were ok, and the rest were awful --> therefore I am on the fence. Everyone else was like "oh, this show is wonderful; I can't wait for the next one". However, JV's first episode was just roasted, from every angle. If the first episode just tanks, the rev3 community should just be silent and wait for episode 2, because you can't tell much about a show until at least ep 5 (in my opinion). Feedback takes time.

I'm seeing quite a few fans of JV simply say "well, Rev3 viewers are just nerds" or "this is a house party, don't like it fuck off and go home", etc. That kind of douchyness is everything I hated about the "frat boys" in college and the stoners or jocks in high school, and they're associating that behavior with JV and being a fan of JV. If fans of JV are (for lack of a better word) the stereotypical bullies, why would I want to join that group?

Come on man, don't be hating on fraternities. :D I am an alumnus of a fraternity (which was weird because I didn't have time to socialize with my enormous homework load anyways). The good thing about being in a fraternity is that you have to learn how to get along with guys who don't think the same way that you do. Not everyone's mouth is going to water over a new Intel icore7 --- that's the way it is. Geeks tend to forget that there are other kinds of guys out there who like to do things other than build beer robots and talk about GNU software all day. Everyone has different talents and viewpoints, its best for everyone to pool their talents for the common good. Diversity brings strength.

quantumblink
05-19-2009, 06:37 AM
I'm also the ADD type (you'll notice a lot of my posts are, hypocritically, a stream of consciousness style that jumps from point to point), but when I'm doing a video, or presenting an argument in a debate, etc. I write my speech so I stay on point and only deviate from the script if I know it's on point and will help. I tend to talk fast (especially while delivering a speech or debate) and am very quick on my feet when I'm knowledgeable of the topic at hand, so that's never my worry, I just know that while it makes sense to me, it won't make sense to anyone listening, and that's the problem here

I'm the same exact way man...

It takes me writing all my thoughts down and editing to stay on point...in fact I typed the longest post of my life the other day on here and took some time to stay on track

http://revision3.com/forum/showpost.php?p=520987&postcount=129

I gotta disagree with all that frat talk...I promise you are invited to the joke and it isn't some old high school bully crap

It seems a lot of people here have been jaded by that type of nonsense from bullies and it's totally wrong, but your comparison that JV is one of those types is totally incorrect. I do understand though that you have had very little to reference from him to get that viewpoint. JV on many occasions on terrestrial radio has ranted against bullies and how they deserve a punch to the mouth.

Everyone just has to be able to roll with it and they will see that it's all love.

quantumblink
05-19-2009, 06:43 AM
I've listened to his podcast on wild 95 (or whatever) and he uses those bleeps in his podcast. I don't know if it is an FCC thing, but I thought it was a part of his style.

Definitely just an FCC thing, plus he usually has to record most of his bits since he is on a bit of a leash on radio. Most things are pre-recorded and bleeps added later.

Anyway, I have noticed that the Rev3 community was very hard on JV's first episode. The first episode of every show is going to suck; thats the way it is. Heck, you should see the comments left on Episode 1 of ROFL. I think my comment was the harshest! All I said was that some of the comedians were funny, some were ok, and the rest were awful --> therefore I am on the fence. Everyone else was like "oh, this show is wonderful; I can't wait for the next one". However, JV's first episode was just roasted, from every angle. If the first episode just tanks, the rev3 community should just be silent and wait for episode 2, because you can't tell much about a show until at least ep 5 (in my opinion). Feedback takes time.

Come on man, don't be hating on fraternities. :D I am an alumnus of a fraternity (which was weird because I didn't have time to socialize with my enormous homework load anyways). The good thing about being in a fraternity is that you have to learn how to get along with guys who don't think the same way that you do. Not everyone's mouth is going to water over a new Intel icore7 --- that's the way it is. Geeks tend to forget that there are other kinds of guys out there who like to do things other than build beer robots and talk about GNU software all day. Everyone has different talents and viewpoints, its best for everyone to pool their talents for the common good. Diversity brings strength.

I was a frat guy too and to compare JV to those people would be an insult to those of us who are college-educated. :D My man may have finished a week of college.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but it seems like a lot of people here are a bit intimidated, but if they let down their guard a little they will see that he is just here to entertain them as well.

And yeah, frats are all about adjusting to different viewpoints and lifestyles.

dirtyhat
05-19-2009, 06:44 AM

You don't have to pay for the lion exhibit... it's in the middle of the casino for everyone to look at :)

kzap
05-19-2009, 08:52 AM

Come on man, don't be hating on fraternities. :D I am an alumnus of a fraternity (which was weird because I didn't have time to socialize with my enormous homework load anyways). The good thing about being in a fraternity is that you have to learn how to get along with guys who don't think the same way that you do. Not everyone's mouth is going to water over a new Intel icore7 --- that's the way it is. Geeks tend to forget that there are other kinds of guys out there who like to do things other than build beer robots and talk about GNU software all day.
Those people, I call them sheep, normally beat up geeks in high school so I think we have a right to hate them
I say normally for some reason sheep hate us even if we don't do anything to them, they will follow the flock.
Also I only started calling them sheep after they started beating me regularly that's about the time I started fighting back.
Name one sheep you know that is nice to geeks.

undergroundwire
05-19-2009, 01:12 PM
I was a frat guy too and to compare JV to those people would be an insult to those of us who are college-educated. :D My man may have finished a week of college.

Shit. I read his comment about frat boy and I was going to write something like this.

But I can add this to the mix. I've known a lot of frat boys back in the day that said "College was the best 7-years of their lives". It doesn't mean they ever got a degree.

undergroundwire
05-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Not everyone's mouth is going to water over a new Intel icore7 --- that's the way it is.

I am not a geek, but my mouth waters over that.:D In fact, that is why I stopped posting after a certain time yesterday. I was rebuilding my machine (which should be done today). So I had to wait until I came in to work to read this thread.

tokenuser
05-19-2009, 02:51 PM
What about those of us without wide screen TVs Get with the program and join us in the 21st century :)

kzap
05-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Get with the program and join us in the 21st century :)
I have a wide screen TV but not a wide screen on my PC, can you me to re-buy all 8 (6 PCs 2 with 2 screens) of my screens?
I'm just saying I would rather it was formated as 4:3 then it wouldn't be double bared, or be bared and have a load of useless graphics.

giancarlo
05-19-2009, 03:54 PM
I must say this episode was way better than the first one. Good Job.

quantumblink
05-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Those people, I call them sheep, normally beat up geeks in high school so I think we have a right to hate them
I say normally for some reason sheep hate us even if we don't do anything to them, they will follow the flock.
Also I only started calling them sheep after they started beating me regularly that's about the time I started fighting back.

"A right to hate"?

Starting to think that you're just a little kid, or an adult who behaves like one...

You've shown a lot of angst and have taken a lot of things personally.

Hell, this entire post looks like a chapter out of your auto-biography.

Name one sheep you know that is nice to geeks.

Dolly.

But sadly, she's no longer with us.

speed
05-20-2009, 03:58 AM
I'm not saying JV is a bully or anything, I said he gave off the impression of one and his fans REALLY did on the show (some of the comments towards those who didn't like his show and such were pretty off point and intended only to belittle). Like I said, I hate to use the word bully since it has such a childish inflection, but he gave off that kind of impression. True or not, it was just my opinion. My main point, however, was about his fans. The analogy that "his show is like a house party... every type of liquor you could want maybe smoking a little dank" then saying "if you don't like it, leave and go down the street" sent the impression that in order to be a fan of JV you had to lose some brain cells, start doing random drugs and move into a trailer park. Fair or not, that's the impression some of the fans starting giving. Why would I want to join those ranks. Elitist or not, I consider myself better than the stereotypical white trash, why would I want to lower myself?

I will give the show another try, but the fans of JV should really rethink attacking those who don't like the show and focus more on convincing them to give it another shot or just ignoring them and talking with the other fans.

lancehill
05-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Why did Rev3 pick this up as a regular show when there is some great other content such as Bottles Blends and Brews over on Rev3Beta?

Was not impressed with this show in the least.

xxparker
05-20-2009, 10:56 PM
I find it funny that most of the people who love the show are all previous JV fans. I haven't watched this episode yet, but I'm going to give JV 2 or 3 episodes at the Rev3 studios. Can anyone confirm when he's going to starting the episodes at Rev3?

and is this still going to be every 2 weeks because 5 minute episodes every 2 weeks is not a lot don't ya think?

nesto37
05-21-2009, 03:35 AM
Why did Rev3 pick this up as a regular show when there is some great other content such as Bottles Blends and Brews over on Rev3Beta?

Was not impressed with this show in the least.

I thought bottles blends and brews was pretty dull. I think with better hosts, the show could be interesting. Someone recomended BBB as the show that should be on the front page of the rev3 page, i was like "really?" I really enjoyed "The Minx Mandate" had that "dalyshow" vibe.

nesto37
05-21-2009, 03:45 AM
I find it funny that most of the people who love the show are all previous JV fans. I haven't watched this episode yet, but I'm going to give JV 2 or 3 episodes at the Rev3 studios. Can anyone confirm when he's going to starting the episodes at Rev3?

and is this still going to be every 2 weeks because 5 minute episodes every 2 weeks is not a lot don't ya think?

I'm not surpised, i think people who love these forms have a lot in common. I also think there was a snow ball effect. alot of people, after some time had past, commented that the show wasn't horrible, rather were more upset with comment he made on another website.

The majoirty siad that the show had potential, but changes had to be made.

quantumblink
05-21-2009, 04:54 AM

I guess you've just ignored all the positive feedback from rev3 forum members who signed up prior to May '09. I'm not one of them, but there have been at least dozens of unique members who have posted that they enjoyed the show. Take a closer look.

From what I've read here, the next episode (ep.3) will be done in studio.

xxparker
05-22-2009, 02:57 AM
I guess you've just ignored all the positive feedback from rev3 forum members who signed up prior to May '09. I'm not one of them, but there have been at least dozens of unique members who have posted that they enjoyed the show. Take a closer look.

From what I've read here, the next episode (ep.3) will be done in studio.
I said most.. and it's from what I've seen. maybe my memory isn't that great

Anyways.. I was surprised. I thought this episode was a much better improvement. Had me somewhat laughing and entertained. I think it helped when there was way less graphics and no swearing.

cabster21
05-22-2009, 02:27 PM
I was one of those people who defended the first show. But I had no idea who he was. Which is a shame, because if this was the first show I would never watch again. I didn't really care about what he was saying in the first one, but at least I got a laugh out of it. The 2nd however, I found just boring.

For starters he looked like a drag queen with some bum fluff stuck on his chin. He wasn't at all funny and his arguments were weak. To me it was like a totally different person, gets a piss poor rating from me.

jaguar
05-23-2009, 09:45 AM
I bet JV has a pet.

guytheninja
05-23-2009, 04:57 PM
For starters he looked like a drag queen with some bum fluff stuck on his chin. He wasn't at all funny and his arguments were weak. To me it was like a totally different person, gets a piss poor rating from me.

How does he look like a drag queen? He has no hair!:confused:

eminemdrdre00
05-23-2009, 06:52 PM

A bald drag queen.

cabster21
05-23-2009, 09:05 PM

If a dog had no hair would you still not think it looked like a dog? Not my fault he left his wig off...

thekendon
05-27-2009, 01:33 AM
This show did not really fit my taste. I was surprised because it I usually enjoy all of the stuff here. I didn't enjoy this first episode, but I tried number two anyway. I didn't enjoy it either.

I think that the format could work, but I find the host unrelateable. I'd really like to see someone well-established do this show. Brian Brushwood, Alex Albrecht, Sarah Lane, etc. I also like that Revision3 is trying new shows. For example, I enjoy ROFL (I don't really like the name, but I do like the show).

Basically, I'm not going to watch episode three, but I want whoever cares to know that I like that Revision3 is trying new things, this just didn't work out with me.

abehammy
05-27-2009, 04:33 AM
I thought this show was better than the last, it was less "clumsy" but I think that it doesn't fit Revision3. You find enough rants on the internet and I thought the goal of Revision3 is to produce ORIGINAL programming.

fogdogg
05-27-2009, 09:40 AM
I thought the first show was terrible. This one wasn't bad.

I'll see how future of this show pans out.

krishnancc
05-31-2009, 12:17 AM
I thought the first show was terrible. This one wasn't bad.

I'll see how future of this show pans out.

I gave it 2 episodes i conceded and im still not impressed at all .... JV should check out film riot and see how a first episode is done :)