PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars vs. Star Trek

psbp516
10-02-2006, 03:42 PM
The ultimate geek question. Which is the better series (movies and t.v. shows) star wars or star trek?

diela
10-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Star Wars is over. There won't be any more. Not to mention it was ruined by Lucas and his revisionist meddling.

Star Trek may still recover from Berman and Braga's revisionist meddling, but it's too soon to tell. At least we know there is more to come in that universe.

ramzis-hairy-chest
10-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Despite some godawful characters like Jar Jar Binks, I vote Star Wars all the way.

fluxcapacitor
10-02-2006, 03:52 PM
I wish there was a "neither" option. I will randomly choose.... Star Trek.

jimmyjones
10-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Fcuk StarWars, its the biggest money hungry franchise thats out there

comradelazyman
10-02-2006, 03:54 PM
Star Wars is over. There won't be any more. Not to mention it was ruined by Lucas and his revisionist meddling.

Star Trek may still recover from Berman and Braga's revisionist meddling, but it's too soon to tell. At least we know there is more to come in that universe.

There's always milk left in the star wars tit. There's that star wars tv show they're working on and lucas will soo find some other thing to do a star wars movie about. It's just a definite money maker.

I always thought star wars was much cooler than star trek though.

psbp516
10-02-2006, 03:57 PM
I vote star trek because its the one that was less ruined by its prequel, but enterprise still sucked balls. You can also ignore the movies past first contact, and its perfect!

harlo
10-02-2006, 03:58 PM

Star Wars may not yet be over if they ever get the TV show off the ground. Depending on the approach taken it could redeem the franchise.

As far as the two B's of Trek, what revisionist meddling have they done? Are you refering to the direction that Enterprise took or the craptastic Kirk/Spock movie concept? I felt Enterprise did great justice to TOS by the end. They explained a lot of things no one else had ever really tried (like the bumpy headed vs flat head Klingons). Whether it worked or not is opinion, but at least they tried. :)

diela
10-02-2006, 04:01 PM
I was referring to both, as B&B didn't have as much influence on Enterprise S4 as Coto. Or at least that's how I hear it.

tokenuser
10-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Star Wars ... the borg would be little more than a lego technics constuctor kit if Yoda had been there.

treeninja
10-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Star Trek hands down.

Although I do support the only, "Return of" is, "Return of the Jedi" since, "Return of the King" sucks so much ass to me.

chrischristman
10-02-2006, 04:25 PM
I really think that it is too early to make an accurate vote as to which is better between the two. Star Wars, overall, has better movies than Star Trek. The prequels were not that great, but the original 3 are still better than the Star Trek movies. However, the Star Trek shows have dominated TV for a long time. The reason I say that it is still too early is because we have yet to get a real Star Wars TV show. Sure, we had the Clone Wars cartoon, but that doesn't count. Once the Star Wars tv show is released, then I believe we can say, for sure, which is the better of the two. Until then, there really is no correct answer as to which is better.

psbp516
10-02-2006, 04:34 PM
I really think that it is too early to make an accurate vote as to which is better between the two. Star Wars, overall, has better movies than Star Trek. The prequels were not that great, but the original 3 are still better than the Star Trek movies. However, the Star Trek shows have dominated TV for a long time. The reason I say that it is still too early is because we have yet to get a real Star Wars TV show. Sure, we had the Clone Wars cartoon, but that doesn't count. Once the Star Wars tv show is released, then I believe we can say, for sure, which is the better of the two. Until then, there really is no correct answer as to which is better.

You're right. I should have waited a couple of decades before they officialy announced that both series would never be continued or re-created ever again before I created this poll.

briangilmore
10-02-2006, 04:37 PM
There's always milk left in the star wars tit.
Star Wars, you kidding? I'll LIST why it's better later on, but I've got to get to school, and um, that right there. what lazyman said. is probably the thing that's made me laugh the hardest in these forums ever. i almost peed. is that girly?

satori
10-02-2006, 04:42 PM
come on, lets face it... The Death Star was one giant space breast. I'm all over star wars.... also Han shot first:

divadawg9234
10-02-2006, 04:46 PM
*shakes head* I am so disappointed in everyone that said Star Trek...

darksydeavenger
10-02-2006, 05:19 PM
come on, lets face it... The Death Star was one giant space breast. I'm all over star wars.... also Han shot first:

There's a starwars fanfilm that mocks the trailer for episode III and in it the emperor draws a schematic for the death star, which looks just like a booby. I can't seem to find the video though.

satori
10-02-2006, 05:20 PM
There's a starwars fanfilm that mocks the trailer for episode III and in it the emperor draws a schematic for the death star, which looks just like a booby. I can't seem to find the video though.

check theforce.net .... they have all sorts of fanfilms there, best on the net from what I can tell.

boxcarjay
10-02-2006, 06:17 PM

i dunno i cant see a star wars tv show everytime i picture it in my head i cant help but think of it being all shitty and shot like its on a shitty comedy set like friends with lightsabers. and i admit its probably not gonna be like friends maybe more like everybody loves raymond but ill be everybody loves a jedi. the only way they can even come close to doing it right is on HBO i think

viscountradu
10-02-2006, 07:53 PM
where is the Firefly/Serenity choice?