PDA

View Full Version : Tom's Top 5 #1 - Top 5 Gadgets [DISCUSSION]

ronxo
06-22-2010, 03:26 PM
What gadgets are you lusting after according to GDGT.com? We asked them to turn over the innermost secrets of their database so we could get a peek at what gadgets are your burning desires. Turns out phones. But which phones? And what are the exceptions?

Watch the full episode > (http://revision3.com/tomstop5/tomstop5_1)

Answer the Trivia Question > (http://revision3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35301)

natalic
06-22-2010, 10:33 PM
3-1 were VERY predictable...I am infact getting an Evo 4g. Great phone!

ksboyintx
06-23-2010, 06:15 AM
I always enjoy giving Rev 3 shows a chance. I hope this show becomes more than just a 4 minute list, when actually, they could just post the link on the screen for us to click upon. I am always interested in why the "insiders" feel one object tops the list more than the others..... (peer pressure, price point, first to market), these are the real story to the top 5 lists. With Tom's influences in the field and Rev 3's access to industry giants... this could be an amazingly insightful show. I do not feel I need speculation on new products on the horizon, but why are the android phones topping the list and why is the iphone so dominate?

The background and production value looks great. It's nice to see fresh intros as well!

Keep up the good work

hak5darren
06-23-2010, 08:25 PM
I liked the CNET show of similar name and love it even more now on Revision3. The pace, personality and production are refreshing. Although, where's the "bounce" into frame intro?

gozroth
06-24-2010, 04:17 AM
Tom's beard says, "relax"

phillycodehound
06-24-2010, 04:49 AM
Tom's beard says, "relax"

Totally but he also looks a little bit like a mountain man. Kinda rugged especially for a true Geek.

I'm also not surprised that the iPhone took #1. Nor am I surprised that the Evo and the Incredible were on there. Kinda predictable but fun to hear Tom's take on stuff.

I'm up for a new phone in 2 months and I was leaning toward the incredible but I know there will be a better Verizon Droid phone out before then to look at. The Droid X seems fantastic. Thoughts? 8)

dmitryrocha
06-24-2010, 01:58 PM
I really missed the Top 5, keep the good work Tom. I'll keep watching.

webnet
06-28-2010, 03:17 PM
I never watched much of top 5 at Chet... Or much of their video channel when I think about it, But I've always enjoyed Tom's insight on gadgets, tech, and general issues on Buzz Out Loud and occasionally East Meets West. I'll keep watching, I'm just hoping the show won't be all fluff and involve a bit of Tom's opinions.

Concerning the graphics and the quality of the show it looks pretty spectacular even though it looks like another guy in front of a green screen series. The transitions and production fit well and I'm looking forward to whatever else the production team has in store.