PDA

View Full Version : Episode 320: Transformers: War for Cybertron [Discussion]

jackierulesall
07-07-2010, 02:18 AM
Jim Festante and Nikole Zivalich are joined this week by an All-Star cast in celebration of July 4th weekend. Guests include Alison Hailsip (G4TV), Blair Herter (G4TV), Jessica Chobot (IGN.com), and Sam Riegel (Transformers: War for Cybertron).

Watch or download now! (http://revision3.com/thegameshow/warforcybertron)

secksimonkey
07-07-2010, 02:28 AM
Shouldn't the title be "Greatest Fucking Thing You'll Ever See... Oh and a Transformers game". Sure it's long, but it's faaaar more accurate.

sean0
07-07-2010, 02:48 AM
What Secksimonkey said...

One of the best TGS episodes to date!

curtis_ag
07-07-2010, 03:14 AM
Am now playing Transformers: War for Cybertron and I am really liking it. The online co-op mode is similar to Lost Planet 2 where you host your own session and wait until someone joins your team. Great for difficult missions.

To the hosts: next time, could you please have a live gaming session for Transformers since it has multiplayer and online modes?

hexxor
07-07-2010, 03:40 AM
Can I just say there's nothing hotter than a girl ranting about comic books, if ever there was proof of a god Jessica Chobot is it. This episode was so much fun but one thing was missing... WHERE THE EFF IS GWEEDZZ!!!?!?!?!

gramo
07-07-2010, 03:49 AM
Just wanted to say that this was the most painful edits ever.... mostly because i DIDN'T WANT TO CUT ANYTHING! Over 30 minutes got dropped and this was still the longest episode we've ever submitted to Rev3. I kept some of the items i had to cut and threw them onto the end. I believe I kept all the magic in there though!

...and yeah, we totally talked about Transformers at one point.... pretty sure.

Now will Ryan Vance actually watch this one?

joshbpitts
07-07-2010, 03:58 AM
I already said this on thestream.tv forums, but did it seem like Jess was getting really annoyed by Blair?

Brian you should post the whole thing as an episode on The streams website, or do what you did for Jims Alan Wake gameplay.

TGS's episodes have been so off since they've had all these guests, not off like bad, but like not doing regular shit. I want the chance to win shit! No Gweedz no pacmobelia, but it's worth it to see Jessica Chobot choke herself.

treythalomew
07-07-2010, 04:01 AM
Missed the live show due to being on vacation in the middle of nowhere with a sweet 1x data connection. Just watched the edit and it was so funny that I was depressed that I missed the live version. Blair bursting out about the ammo was nuts. That guy needs to be a special guest by himself sometime.

Also Gweedz needs to stop trying to get paid and come back the game show. The show isn't the same without his mad expertise on games.

Hopefully you guys can keep to the week schedule even though there aren't as many games out. One game to talk about a week is still awesome considering there is so much other stuff to talk about.

In conclusion, The Game Show rocks!

jasonb
07-07-2010, 04:28 AM
yeah this is one of the greatest episodes of TGS yet. It had alcohol, StarScream Jesus and one of the best songs from my childhood.

I had already bought Transformers: War for Cybertron before this episode but it was a good primer for people who haven't. Though unlike Nikole and the rest I never had an ammo issue and i played through the campaign on Hard and never ran out. Maybe I'm just a better shot than everyone else in campaigns.

Well it maybe my internet connection but i sorta have a love/hate relationship with the online. Sometimes your right next to the guy nailed him with all your clip and hes still standing. Granted it could by my connection considering where i am at the moment.

Either way great episode hope to see more guests drop by at a more frequent pace. Chobot is slowly becoming my favorite female guest because shes just so funny sometimes. Granted she is slowly taking over my viewing habits...shes on my X-box, AOTS, AND TGS.....is she reverse stalking me?? (reverse stalking being where she is everywhere I look to make ME look like the stalker :P )

curtis_ag
07-07-2010, 04:35 AM
I decided not to watch the episode but did Gweedz really quit the show for good? I heard he landed himself a new gig which made him unable to make it to the show for the past three episodes. He has been with TGS since the show first started two years ago and was part of the "original" three. He also was responsible for his trivia segment Pac-Mobilia, where he gives out hints and the person who guessed correctly wins a token to be eligible for the X-Box 360 grand prize.

Gweedz' departure means the crew is down to two: Jim and Nikole. That would make room for two guests.

midwest_metalhead
07-07-2010, 04:47 AM
I laughed my ass off one of the best Game Show episodes to date :D

bizarrodin
07-07-2010, 05:12 AM
Holy crap Brian! well done on the squarespace ad I thought for sure Rev3 got a guy to do the ad for you guys then I realized it was Brian and nearly shat myself, very pro. The episode was a bit crazy but really funny I think maybe Blair was a bit over the top at some points but if I was a guy named Blair I'd probably be the same way.

andrewgoneawol
07-07-2010, 05:22 AM
"STARSCREAM WHERES THE FUCKING AMMO"

ah if only you didnt have to edit it down, this episode wouldve been even better, but I can deal with almost half the live stream being cut out given the sheer madness that was episode 320.

nikole
07-07-2010, 05:36 AM
Yeah, this episode was pretty damn epic. Starscream Jesus needs action figures.

curtis_ag
07-07-2010, 06:32 AM
Yeah, this episode was pretty damn epic. Starscream Jesus needs action figures.

Nikole,

As you were saying that the episode was very damn epic, there has needed to be a live game play session of the Transformers game over on Stickam and Justin.TV last week. Because it has online capability, you guys can host your own game and invite your friends in campaign mode, just like Lost Planet 2. Remember couple weeks ago there was a live game capture of Blur where you, JesV, and some other guests compete against each other and online against theDCD? How about when you and JesV were playing as a team in Lost Planet 2? These game captures occured before the live actual broadcast of the show in the following days. So, maybe next time would any of you hosts consider this?

secksimonkey
07-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Curtis, if you would kindly shut the fuck up already and let it go, we'd all appreciate it... Thanks!

Hopefully Sir Gramo (you were knighted, weren't you?) will upload the full thing, since if any episode deserves it, it's this one.

Also, make the action figures happen or I will be forced to take drastic measures. These measures will include light sobbing and possibly pouting. You don't want that do you?

goldensun
07-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Just finished watching the episode - must say that it is probably one of the craziest things I have seen in a long time on the web. Loved the part where Blair went berserk with "WHERE'S THE FUCKING AMMO?" couldn't stop laughing, had to pause the vid to catch my breath.

nikole
07-07-2010, 04:46 PM
It's true though! I had to melee bosses because I was out of ammo. I would turn into a truck and drive away in hopes of finding more.

WOMP

WOMP

WOMP

secksimonkey
07-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Wait, since when do Transformers even need ammo? I've seen them just shoot shit for like ever without reloading. I just figured they had big ass batteries where testicles would be and that's how it worked.

curtis_ag
07-07-2010, 04:56 PM
It's true though! I had to melee bosses because I was out of ammo. I would turn into a truck and drive away in hopes of finding more.

WOMP

WOMP

WOMP

Oh, on what console do you play Transformers?

festante
07-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Such a fun show. Big thanks to all our guests!

Naughty Bear this week!!

bizarrodin
07-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Wait, since when do Transformers even need ammo? I've seen them just shoot shit for like ever without reloading. I just figured they had big ass batteries where testicles would be and that's how it worked.

You have to consider that this game is set a millennia before the show and before the "never ending ammo clip" was invented, in those dark times transforming robots were constantly battling over ammo.

secksimonkey
07-07-2010, 06:17 PM
So, this is before they had energy testicles? Makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

nikole
07-07-2010, 06:20 PM
So, this is before they had energy testicles? Makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Duhhh everyone knows the energy testicles are going to be in Transformers: War for Cybertron 2....

geez....

joshbpitts
07-07-2010, 07:05 PM
That's terrible game ethics.

There was another chobot episode on the next day I missed, was that an official episode that's going to be released or is that one of those if you see it cool if not too bad, like with Jes V and the DCD? I want to see that shit too.

Oh and what did Ryan Vance have to say about your comments on his penis.

secksimonkey
07-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Duhhh everyone knows the energy testicles are going to be in Transformers: War for Cybertron 2....

geez....

Well sor-ry for being born so 91ish. It's not my fault my disjointed knowledge of Transformers stems from the occasional episode on TeletoonRetro, the '86 movie and Megan Fox's ass. Megan Fox's ass is canon, right?

jutin77
07-07-2010, 11:58 PM
fantastic show!

(and the best ads anywhere on the net!)

thank you Rev3 for letting them submit the 37 minute cut! I'm crying from laughter!

chicken_lord
07-08-2010, 03:11 AM
"Where's the fucking AMMO!!??"
new Stream.tv meme :P

jutin77
07-08-2010, 03:14 AM
...and probably one of the best endings to date!

ax_kidson
07-08-2010, 03:16 AM
Am I the only one that thought wholly crap this show is that much more awesome because I'm the same ages as the host? (Yeah for 87)

i so need to watch on of the live shows... Weird timing though being in Australia

s3phil
07-08-2010, 05:47 PM
nah 88 is where its at, seems this is one of the few places im a young buck, 22 in 2 weeks :(

jutin77
07-08-2010, 06:50 PM
you guys did see the story yesterday that Playstation Plus is only required for Hulu Plus duing the testing period (beta, although they didn't call it a beta) and once it comes out officially, there will be no extra charge.

Remember, Sony has said that the free Playstation Network will not change. Playstation Plus people just get things early and other perks... Sony will not require Playstation Plus for Netflix, MLB.tv or Hulu Plus... or online gaming...

that whole Hulu Plus/Playstation Plus rumor was nasty but unbelievable...

vorticose
07-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Great episode, high energy, and funny.
Lots of great moments, possibly a bit light on the game review content but covered the important stuff, we got an overview of what it's like and why it's fun and everyone's opinion.

Only possible suggestion for improvement I can think of is it seemed like there were times when the excitable cross-talk drowned out one of the guests or hosts who actually wanted to say something.

As someone who is a (mostly?) polite person I always want someone to get 'their say' so if people get cut-off I want someone (a host?) to take control at some stage and ask people what they were trying to say. Similarly, I'd like maybe a 'final thoughts'... after the 'open' discussion go around the table and give everyone a chance to give final thoughts on the game. Possible this happened but just didn't make the final cut.

It might be difficulty to find the balance where the discussion can be "controlled" without sucking out the crazy awesome fun this episode had.

The guests were all great, but 6+Brian on the show made it pretty busy, maybe that's too many?
I know from older episodes that I think 3 Hosts + Brian isn't enough, my favourite shows are always when there is at least one guest.

Imho 40 minutes is a good length for a TGS episode especially if you have guests.

PS. Sorry Brian for some reason I didn't count you as a person :-o

s3phil
07-08-2010, 09:18 PM
tbh alison makes any episode good, that being said there was a lot of cross talk and i see what you mean

dingoenderzoe2
07-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Lively episode, I can't wait to come back home from work and finish the rest of the episode before tonights episode.

But I'm with Nikole, exactly what is the Roger Rabbit? Can anyone enlighten me? ......P.S. I'm an 86 am I also young....?

s3phil
07-09-2010, 10:17 PM
cmon guys google is your friend i cant belive you guys havent seen the film even at my age ive seen it, albeit a bit fucked up for its time

paulwellar
07-09-2010, 10:54 PM
I screen captured the entire episode and i must say it's the craziest show I've seen since I started watching.
-Starscream Jesus
-Blairs "More Ammo!" and "just rewind the internet..."
-Jessicas' complete Wonder Woman rant,
-Alison just being Alison and getting scared when Blair yelled out "Alison, where's the f-ing ammo!"
-Jim being drunk by 8:01 pm and Nikole not really knowing what to do when the Top 7 went out of control, had me laughing all night.

Cheers!

curtis_ag
07-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Wait, was JesV a camerawoman for this episode at one point?

gramo
07-11-2010, 02:29 PM
PS. Sorry Brian for some reason I didn't count you as a person :-o

No worries! It's pretty common knowledge that I'm a robot anyway.

vorticose
07-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Okay phew, I wasn't trying to 'out' you.

Actually the other thing I just noticed from the promo shot:
http://www.thestream.tv/shows/gameshow/images/episodes/gameshow_episode_320.jpg

Sam Riegel actually looks a little like Gweedz so that helps me not miss him too much :-)

bizarrodin
07-12-2010, 01:28 AM
I miss the gweedz and his "whats up fucko's!" *sigh* oh, the times we had...

aldowyn
07-12-2010, 05:42 AM
absolutely awesome episode! 4 guests is a little over the top, but it ended up working well, mostly. Even if Chobot did rampage over everyone for about 15 minutes (God, she's a nerd. lol)

This was probably the longest, most off-topic episode I've seen live, and it was awesome. TGS: Entertainment. Any information you might just happen to get is a bonus.