PDA

View Full Version : Episode 1: Red Dead Un-Dead, Marvel vs Capcom 3 Unveiling, and NBA JAM Political Unrest [DISCUSSION]

ronxo
10-12-2010, 02:54 PM
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD IT'S THE FIRST EVER EPISODE OF DESTRUCTOID!!!!! First episode includes Red Dead Redemption, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, NBA Jam Politics and more!

Watch the Episode > (http://revision3.com/destructoid/reddeadundead)

socalrichard
10-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Woooooooooo
:: claps ::

michelle_kelseu
10-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Louderback has green-lit the most popular show on Revision3. The show must be longer, there should be segments dedicated to our lovely editors at Destructoid. Samit should have his lame ass sports corner. Colette Bennett should have her own "Twisted Toyfare Theatre". Then Nick Chester finishes the show off with him murmuring disturbing references to icy hot coffee then screaming for FIVE WHOLE MINUTES. [Fade Out]

bl00dyvalen7ine
10-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Oh man, I'm glad to hear that Rev3 has brought on a great gamer site and gave them a show and I'm happy to say I loved it... for the most part. all I've got to say is that it feels like you guys/gals are trying too hard to be funny (except for Jim, he cracks me up especially when he's on Talkradar) but if you guys find your groove it will be a great informative entertaining and funny show. Can't wait for Wednesdays episode.

sstancil
10-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Looking forward to a great new gaming show, but hoping that the hosts cut down on the swearing and stop trying to be funny. Diggnation is fun and funny because that is the style and it just flows. This appeared extremely forced. Relax and give us the news. Your own personalities and humor will shine through. See Chobot, Morgan & Sessler, and any of the CO-OP guys -- none of them are afraid to drop the F bomb -- but I have rarely seen any of them force it out.

dude_man
10-13-2010, 03:19 AM
Honestly I thought the show had potential, as its clear Rev3 tossed their support behind the production value - even to go so far as having Eden Soto produce motion graphics for the show.

Sure, the hosts seemed a little nervous and some of the humor was forced a few times but these things go away over time.

What put the nail in the coffin for me though, and had me reaaaally wanting to close the window before the show was over.. was the addition of the not quite Yahtzee "Jim Sterling".

If you're going for a show that makes snide, opinionated hate swipes at a large amount of developers and publishers - Jim Sterling is your man.

If you're trying to sell this show as "Gaming News, Interviews, and Happenings" then you need to drop the extra weight and stick with your hosts, and charismatic talent that belongs on camera - Not Jim.

But, thats just my two cents.

boldfire
10-13-2010, 01:58 PM
What put the nail in the coffin for me though, and had me reaaaally wanting to close the window before the show was over.. was the addition of the not quite Yahtzee "Jim Sterling".

Yeah it was cringeworthy and didn't even seem to fit in with the flow of the show.

mrpopular
10-13-2010, 02:42 PM
that whole segment made no sense.

nothing seemed like sincere interest.

I don't mind the Vulgar language, but it came off as saying it for Vulgars sake. It wasn't saying naturally. Also don't say things with a condescending attitude towards your viewers.

fletcherea
10-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Tits, or gtfo, lol.

*edit* Toss up a green screen in there, looks like you guys mugged Robert and Patrick of their HD Nation set =P

mopsical
10-13-2010, 06:04 PM

If you're going for a show that makes snide, opinionated hate swipes at a large amount of developers and publishers - Jim Sterling is your man.

If you're trying to sell this show as "Gaming News, Interviews, and Happenings" then you need to drop the extra weight and stick with your hosts, and charismatic talent that belongs on camera - Not Jim.

But, thats just my two cents.

Oh, please. I can just tell you're a Dtoid regular, since none of what he did in the show even relates to what you're talking about. See, there's this divide that's happened in the community: people who wish Jim would get off Destructoid completely and people who worship Jim as a saint. Personally, I'm neither, but I can respect Jim as a simple videogame reviewer and can't understand how many people have problems with him and decide to attack him personally on many occasions.

The simple fact that people hate on Jim on a daily basis simply for expressing an opinion about a video game is ludicrous. Jim did not ruin the show, and actually I found his segment to be the best in the episode; just because it didn't fit the other hosts chat which had no opinion or intelligence in it whatsoever, doesn't mean it wasn't needed. If anything, fire that lass: her desperate attempt to try and fit in with a group of pre-teen boys is distracting to say the least. But I guess if that's the target audience...

[edit] Just realised how negative that whole post sounds towards the show. I actually love the concept of thes show and that it's a Rev3 daily show that films multiple times during the same week to keep things relevant. I also don't really mind the "potty" humour, I just thought for this inagurual episode it was really forced. And unstereotypically, it was always the girl who was saying it... (can you say 'role reversal'?)

arrestedevelopr
10-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Great first effort, can't wait for more.

detourne_me
10-13-2010, 09:54 PM
I turned it off when I saw that first fake ad. Seriously, don't do crap like that, your audience isn't twelve and if it was then I don't think the strong language is warranted.

sinnix
10-14-2010, 04:18 AM
Man, I really hate destructoid and this show really reminded me why.

elclavo
10-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Does anyone working on this show know what bipartisan means? Nope, I didn't think so.

Bipartisan would refer to something having the support of both parties, or in this case, showing equal support to both parties. I believe you intended to criticise NBA JAM for being "partisan".

Dictionary fail.

Clavito

PS: Why are all the Rev3 shows late these days? It's worse than a UK train schedule!

jonathan_holmes
10-14-2010, 10:04 PM
The NBA Jam thing was making fun of FOX news, who misused the term bipartisan.