PDA

View Full Version : Episode 261: Thursday, January 6th - Breaking Bad [Discussion]

jackierulesall
01-07-2011, 03:44 AM
Because you demanded it! TRS reviews Breaking Bad!

Watch or download now! (http://revision3.com/trs/breakingbad)

slagster
01-07-2011, 03:47 AM
Hopefully they listen to more of our pleas and revisit Fringe next.

darth-ed
01-07-2011, 04:42 AM
Wow! No sponsor? What happened there?

Loved the Babylon 5 joke. That was hilarious!

Um, guys, Pat Sajak wasn't the original host of Wheel of Fortune. Chuck Woolery was. Sajak and White started in the early '80s. I liked the original daytime format better where the winners of each round would go on a spending spree. Contestants would be forced to buy some hideous thing. "I'll take the ceramic dalmatian for $125 and the remainder as a gift certificate."

damnedeyez
01-07-2011, 04:49 AM
Wow! No sponsor? What happened there?

...you should watch again.

And yeah, Sajak and White started about the same time...some 25-26 years ago, I think.

darth-ed
01-07-2011, 04:58 AM
Oh, you're right. I've gotten so good as fast forwarding past the sponsor segment to get to TDIR that I must have done it without even thinking.

Also, Mad Men predated Breaking Bad by 7 months. Nice try, Alex.

icu
01-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Be great if we could merge this topic with this one - http://revision3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38438

Don't want to repeat myself, but here we go repeating myself - BB I feel is pretty much my favorite show ever (next to The Wire) can't say its the best as that is subjective. I hope all three guys get themselves to S3.

I'll second Fringe, but how to skip the first season and start with S2 and not be Lost?

cupajo
01-07-2011, 03:13 PM
I'll second Fringe, but how to skip the first season and start with S2 and not be Lost?

It would be awesome if some enterprising soul did a YouTube video of "everything you need to know about Fringe Season 1, so people who haven't seen it can get over that 'barrier of entry'.

jtv
01-07-2011, 04:37 PM
I think you're all crazy for not liking Fringe season 1.

I may be biased though, since season 1 was basically just The X-Files which is one of my alltime favorite shows.

Seasons 2 and 3 are super awesome, sure, but I really liked season 1 too.

icu
01-07-2011, 06:51 PM
I watched all of Season 1 recently (I had stopped watching after the first 4 episodes) and I ended up really enjoying it. All my friends who recommended Fringe always said "It's a great show except for that horrid 1st season"

1st season is a good show and toward the end it really came into its own. I think its because the second season just takes a turn that is so dramatic and game changing its almost a new show loosely based on the first season. I'm glad I watched S1, but without the caveats and promise of great things to come I can see many people dismissing the show (as I did back when it started - a decision I now regret, but have since corrected) tbh what finally motivated me was Tom Merritt pushing Brian Brushwood to watch it.

... but Breaking Bad - can't wait for it to start up again - end of Season 3 best cliffhanger ever no spoilers, but it will blow your funky mind. He was always great, but in S3 Aaron Paul just killed it ... as an actor. He needs to get some movie offers.