PDA

View Full Version : 3DS launching March 27th, $249.99

jtv
01-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Preorders up on amazon:
Aqua Blue:
http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-Blue/dp/B002I090AG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295452606&sr=8-1

Cosmo Black:
http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-Cosmo-Black/dp/B002I096AA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1295452606&sr=8-2

Launch Titles (may not be accurate):
Pilot Wings Resort
Nintendogs + Cats
Steel Diver
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
Kid Icarus Uprising
About the Nintendo
Super Street Fighter 3d
Madden
Dead or Alive
Asphalt 3d
Resident Evil Mercenaries
Lego SWIII Clone Wars.

trunolimit
01-19-2011, 04:13 PM
the only reason I bought a wii and still have it is because of Zelda. I'd buy this just to play Zelda in 3D

gojira
01-19-2011, 04:25 PM
I don't think Kid Icarus or Zelda are launch day titles.

I'm probably going to get Pilotwings and Resident Evil day one. Maybe one of the racers if they're good.

trunolimit
01-19-2011, 04:29 PM
I don't think Kid Icarus or Zelda are launch day titles.

I'm probably going to get Pilotwings and Resident Evil day one. Maybe one of the racers if they're good.

I hope you're wrong. I don't think my geeky side could stand to wait any longer than launch date.

jtv
01-19-2011, 04:31 PM
I just copy+pasted the info, so the launch list could be wrong.

Personally I don't think it's worth $250 (I don't do much portable gaming), I'd need the price to come down a lot to consider buying one.

slagster
01-19-2011, 04:48 PM
Found an interesting post on another board that kinda puts things in perspective for people thinking that $250 is a bit too expensive.
$250 isnt bad, about what i expected.

to anyone saying its too much for a hand held, its pretty much right on course with what we've seen in the past.

lynx - 1989 - $179.99 (316.51 today)
gamegear - 1991 - $149.99 (240.15 today)
turbo express - 1990 - $249.99 (417.07 today)
psp - 2005 - $249.99 (279.12 today)

so yeah.. its not as cheap as nintendo's handhelds have been in the past, but compared to everyone else.. its right on track.

gojira
01-19-2011, 04:49 PM
The list I saw was this one. (http://www.destructoid.com/3ds-north-american-launch-titles-192044.phtml)

I've also heard before that neither Kid Icarus nor Zelda were going to be launch day titles. They're going to be released within a couple of months, but not day one.

spidoman
01-19-2011, 05:22 PM
Found an interesting post on another board that kinda puts things in perspective for people thinking that $250 is a bit too expensive.

Although I would say that the PSP's price is one of the reasons why it didn't do as well against the cheaper DS.

trunolimit
01-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Although I would say that the PSP's price is one of the reasons why it didn't do as well against the cheaper DS.

I don't know. I think it had to do more with the marketed audience. The DS is geared towards kids and the PSP has more mature games on it. I think the DS won because there are more kids buying handhelds than adults. I personally have 2 PSPs sitting in my closet collecting dust. After I got my iPhone the PSP became that much useless. Then I stoped riding the train to work and started biking which meant portable gaming need not apply.

wideawakewesley
01-19-2011, 09:39 PM
Until Nintendo or a 3rd party show some real innovative game design based on the hardware, I'm not interested. So far it just looks like new versions of franchise games but in 3d and with worse graphics than the PSP. I could care less about that, glasses or no glasses.

gojira
01-19-2011, 09:48 PM
Until Nintendo or a 3rd party show some real innovative game design based on the hardware, I'm not interested. So far it just looks like new versions of franchise games but in 3d and with worse graphics than the PSP. I could care less about that, glasses or no glasses.

Have you seen the augmented reality stuff? I wouldn't say it's enough to justify the system, but it seems to be what you're talking about.

wideawakewesley
01-20-2011, 12:06 AM
Have you seen the augmented reality stuff? I wouldn't say it's enough to justify the system, but it seems to be what you're talking about.

Actually I just saw a clip of Ocarina of Time and then an augmented reality dragon thing, both of which tracked your movement of the console in the real world with movement in game. It was pretty neat, but it Ocarina's case the sensitivity needed to be adjustable. I believe they're also using that tech in Steeldiver, the submarine launch game. It's at least a step in the direction I'm looking for. Also pleased with the details I'm now reading about the online connectivity and presence information.

Goes to show how awful the press conference was though that this kind of information wasn't presented well enough that I'm having to search it out on gaming sites.

ricekrispies
01-20-2011, 01:18 AM
Preorders up on amazon:
Aqua Blue:
http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-Blue/dp/B002I090AG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295452606&sr=8-1

Cosmo Black:
http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-Cosmo-Black/dp/B002I096AA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1295452606&sr=8-2

i hate you for posting the amazon link :) ... it was 2 clicks and i preordered. i hope i have 250 extra dollars in my bank account once march ends :S

az0madman
01-20-2011, 03:33 AM
Hrm... Probably not at launch, but I'll get one one day, maybe with their next version and price drop. It's not so much the price (but slightly the price) as it is knowing that version2 will be leaner, sexier, and possibly last longer (given enough battery complaints).

I still look at my Phat DS with its dim screen and just loathe it. But I don't want to fork out money for any of the new DS's... though maybe this was the upgrade I've been waiting for.

bobafettjm
01-20-2011, 08:03 AM
I am super excited for this. I will buy it as soon as I have the funds to do so.

pruben
01-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Never owned a DS, so I think I should get the 3DS. The games seems great. Kid Icarus, Zelda, Mario, MGS, Resident Evil and Street Fighter; as well as downloadable titles and DS games. The 3D effect and the software seems pretty cool. The graphics looks better than the GameCube, maybe better than the PSP, which isn't too bad.
Looking forward to March 25th, buying it for $350+ (thats what it costs here)

nshady
03-31-2011, 04:26 AM
Who picked one up?

I got one today for $298 ($50 off RRP here) and a case, but I held off getting a game. Not much going on in that department - not even Steel Diver or Pilotwings.

My 3DS system code is 3952-7027-7421 if anyone wants to add.

trunolimit
04-14-2011, 05:35 PM
I found out I'm getting one for my birthday in 5 days. what games are worth getting?

I listened to weekend confirmed and from the sounds of it street fighter is a must get. They also mentioned some racing games that sound cool.

descartes
04-15-2011, 03:27 AM
I do enjoy Super Street Fighter 4: 3D a lot, but I'm a huge fighting game fanatic. However, I still spend most of my time on 3DS playing Pokemon Black and Dragon Quest IX. Not at all disappointed in the system and anxiously awaiting games like SMT: Devil Survivor and Zelda: Ocinara of Time.

trunolimit
04-15-2011, 02:37 PM
I do enjoy Super Street Fighter 4: 3D a lot, but I'm a huge fighting game fanatic. However, I still spend most of my time on 3DS playing Pokemon Black and Dragon Quest IX. Not at all disappointed in the system and anxiously awaiting games like SMT: Devil Survivor and Zelda: Ocinara of Time.

I totally hear ya on Zelda. Its the only reason I even wanted a 3ds. I never owned a DS so maybe I can look into their back catalog for games to keep me occupied until the release of Zelda. I never played the seasons Zelda games on gameboy color. I wonder how hard they'd be to find or even if they are playable on the 3ds.

descartes
04-16-2011, 12:30 AM
Unless Capcom decides to release the Zelda season games on DSiWare or 3DSiWare, they are not playable on 3DS. GameBoy and GameBoy Color games are backwards compatible on the GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Advance games are backwards compatible on the Nintendo DS and Nintendo DS Lite, and Nintendo DS games are backwards compatible on the Nintendo 3DS.

damnedeyez
04-16-2011, 12:33 AM
Unless Capcom decides to release the Zelda season games on DSiWare or 3DSiWare, they are not playable on 3DS. GameBoy and GameBoy Color games are backwards compatible on the GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Advance games are backwards compatible on the Nintendo DS and Nintendo DS Lite, and Nintendo DS games are backwards compatible on the Nintendo 3DS.

Which is why I keep my GBA...though it was nice playing GBA games on the original DS, except I never really did that.

nshady
04-16-2011, 12:55 AM
You'll be able to download it on the 3DS virtual console soon anyway.

trunolimit
04-18-2011, 12:41 AM
I got it 2 days early. My first imprecisions are positive. I don't have any games but I tried the AR card thing and was blown away. I was fighting that dragon thing and thought the augmented reality stuff will be a ton of fun based on that.

I'm still debating on what game to get. I think it's a toss up between asphalt and ridge racer. even though I hear great things about street fighter I'm a bigger racing fan than a fighting game fan.