PDA

View Full Version : Episode 315: On my RADar.

cybersuchus
03-23-2011, 06:34 PM
http://revision3.com/trs/onmyradar_3-23

Props to Dan for inadvertently making an apt joke about Cold Fusion when he was punning the Ponzi Scheme.

Also, for Jeff (and others), in case it was missed, the Joker was played by John "Bender" Dimaggio in Batman: The Red Hood. Another notable voice in that movie was Jensen Ackles of Supernatural (and Dark Angel, if one is willing to go there) fame. Overall, I found it to be a really good take on Hush.

As an aside, is there any reason why we no longer see the Episode threads anymore?

tokenuser
03-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Revision3 have moved to a Disqus based comment system for episodes.

http://revision3.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39304 (post is Tekzilla based, but applies here as well)

I am not gong to comment eitherway on whether this is good or bad ... but it does favour people who stream over people who download and watch offline.

damnedeyez
03-23-2011, 08:24 PM
people who download and watch offline.

who now have a little less reason to even visit the site.

masherscf
03-23-2011, 08:40 PM
The forum has been really slow for the last six months. I like to watch the stream of new posts for the entire forum as part of moderation. Some days there are only a handful of new posts that don't directly respond to a given episode. We don't even get as much spam anymore.

I don't think it's anyone's fault. I think the rise of social media sites like Twitter and Facebook make forums redundant for community building. What you lose is the long ,well written posts that almost no one reads before responding anyway. Most of the main-line community that pre-date Twitter, Like Token, Badger, Wesley, Diane and myself never post anymore.

damnedeyez
03-23-2011, 08:51 PM
on another note...the YouTube version of this episode has a really odd title.

hellhound
03-24-2011, 11:19 PM
and w/ the killing of promoting activity in the forums.. looks like bad management... or saying FU to (maybe) a third of hardcore fans, to pander to the 2/3rds of "Meh" fans...
Gotta ask... how did Rev3 get those "meh" fans?... It was prolly the hardcore fans suggesting and promoting the content.
And now Rev3 wants to make "promoters" for live shos etc... Ya know what..? B4 U fucked with the formula, U didnt need to ask for help promoting the site...
Just sayin

damnedeyez
03-24-2011, 11:38 PM
To be honest...users have made the thread on a number of occasions, which could still be done here (unless there's a policy to remove them...which would be too much)...and with it being daily, and slow, I don't see that it'd need to be stickied (though I'm sure someone could get that done if they were really nice)

slagster
03-25-2011, 02:55 AM
Well its fairly understandable to do this with most shows since half the boards are currently on life support. Only downside is that I can just see Dan and Jeff coming here even less now with the lack of daily show threads.

miyazakihayao
03-25-2011, 05:30 AM
"Big Daddy Mod" up there probably has a point. I'm pretty sure Jeff/Dan get dozens of tweets at them from TRS fans per day.

The idea of having a forum community seems to be going out the window with Youtube/Twitter type interaction taking reign.

Sad but true.

wideawakewesley
03-25-2011, 09:15 AM
Most of the main-line community that pre-date Twitter, Like Token, Badger, Wesley, Diane and myself never post anymore.

Still here, check the site a couple of times a day and post in threads I can contribute something to, just not starting as many threads as before. Twitter is to blame, but I do think the move to daily episodes pretty much killed the episode discussion threads as not as many people watch at the same time anymore. It's like how PVRs are killing watercooler talk.

What also surprises me is how little feedback there is on the facebook page. I post the eps up there daily and for a page that has over 3.5k "likes" it generates very little feedback on each episode, same applies to the eps on YouTube.

jtv
03-25-2011, 12:26 PM
To be honest, ever since the show went daily I thought the episode threads were kind of pointless. Half the time we'd already been talking about whatever it was in another thread anyway.

Since this seems to be a "state of the show/forum" thread, I'd like to mention that I'm soooo glad Jeff cut down the game explanation time with the Nightfall episode.

bjkrautk
03-29-2011, 10:38 PM
Since this seems to be a "state of the show/forum" thread, I'd like to mention that I'm soooo glad Jeff cut down the game explanation time with the Nightfall episode.

I don't entirely disagree, but I don't think that they do a good enough job in defining what a "deck building" card game is. From the name, I took it to mean the new name for TCG / CCGs (like Magic, Overpower*, Yu-Gi-Oh, or Pokemon**). The way they talked about it, they made it sound like something else (the description on Amazon suggests some sort of card draft).

*- OP was my game, right up to the point Marvel went Bankrupt. I've played some form of each of the subsequent Marvel comics-based card games (the DS game left a lasting impression on my touchscreen), and none of them have quite measured up, IMO.

**- Having spent the weekend playing through the beta, I was actually quite impressed with the online version of the game that the Pokemon Company is putting up. That said, I'd only get sucked back in if the end-product is a 'freemium' business model; not paying real money to buy virtual booster packs.