PDA

View Full Version : Next generation UI - as a show topic

lyricist
02-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Hey Wil, Hahn, and Jessica,

I just ran across this great article on the real importance of the Iphone (http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9011412&intsrc=hm_ts_head).

The article talked about the next generation UI and how the Iphone is just one application of all this cool affordable technology that is on the verge of being widely commercialized. The article also linked to a great video demo by Jeff Han. I think an interview with Jeff and a demo of the technology that is around the corner would be perfect for the show. Not only could you all talk about cutting edge technology, but also how these technologies will influence our relationships with computers and information in the future. I also think that this tech has the possibility of bringing in all the people who have so far resisted the lure of new technologies, b/c the interface is intuitive - there are no commands to learn.

Think touch screens in Minority Report - but available for everyone. Jeff's demo shows that the tech is here and its affordable and scalable. The iphone may or may not be the first successful integration of these technologies, but it is the first commercial attempt. Anyway, I would love to hear/watch you all discuss this on the show.