PDA

View Full Version : Pixel Perfect, Episode 2: Patterns and Animations [discussion]

kowgod
10-06-2006, 05:14 PM
Episode 2 (http://revision3.com/pixelperfect/patterns) of this fantastic new show is now available for download. I personally can't wait to watch it after work. But, those who have seen it, what do you think? Does it live up to the standard set in episode 1? Share your thoughts...

matt
10-06-2006, 05:53 PM
I am really liking this show. I am a Photoshop user with 2 years experience and I have learnt at least 2 new things about Photoshop in each episode that I didn't know before. I hope this show continues to be as educational and fun as the ones released so far. It was also nice to see this new episode appear on the frontpage, hopefully they will be released in the same timeframe when episode 3 comes out :)

raveneffct
10-06-2006, 05:56 PM
Another great episode from Bert, who knew that there was a basic animation feature in photoshop? Keep it up. This episode seemed a little more basic and for beginners than the previous, but still 2 great episodes of Revision3's best show.

jordanddunn
10-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Great show, although as mentioned before aimed more towards the beginner, but still great tips on how to create simple animations. Love the show, hopefully won't just be a pilot!

casework
10-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Another great episode. I've used Photoshop a lot over the past year, and at least half of the things he does are things that I have never thought about or at least thought about the way he presents them.

kyro
10-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Great show as usual.

Why? - because you actually learn.

However, I felt that Bert and the filming were a bit rushed.

elfqrin
10-06-2006, 07:59 PM
Im downloading it now

Im sure it will be good! :)

redlibertyx
10-06-2006, 10:56 PM
Is anyone having problems with the DivX versions? Cuz the video looks extremely jumpy.

silentspyder
10-06-2006, 11:31 PM
Another great show. Even though I consider myself to be pretty good with Photoshop, I've learned a few thing in these 2 episodes.

dudinatrix
10-07-2006, 12:00 AM
This is one of my favorite new shows. It's very entertaining to watch, the pace is just right, the quality is very high. Plus, I just like the guy. He's very inspiring and easy to watch. Keep 'em coming!!

point5o
10-07-2006, 12:16 AM
I only dabble in Photoshop, so this show is great for me. Edjumikate me Bert.

oguy
10-07-2006, 12:47 AM
Is anyone having problems with the DivX versions? Cuz the video looks extremely jumpy.

Seems to be something wrong with the way xvid came out, the playback isn't smooth at all.

bman
10-07-2006, 05:18 AM
I have not watched it yet, going to do that in a sec, but I see people really love it, I consider myself a good photoshop user, but I love to see this.

mongoose
10-07-2006, 06:55 AM
I'm downloading the .mov at the moment, and all this positive feedback is heightening the anticipation.

deniedaccess
10-07-2006, 11:45 AM
They really need to sort out the horriffic video quality. It was like watching some crappy Japanese kung fu movie.

That said, in my opinion, PixelPerfect is the best new show on Revision3.

randy
10-07-2006, 03:56 PM
As Kyro mentioned, episode 2 seemed a bit rushed (as far as Bert), but it was great! Keep up the good work with the educational shows!

ourmanintokyo
10-08-2006, 03:44 AM
Fantastic show! Not sure what deniedaccess is talking about when he says the video quality is like some crappy "kung-fu movie". I thought the picture quality was more than OK.

My only criticism would be the same as Randy and Kyro above - just a little rushed if aimed at people without a lot of Photoshop knowledge.

Keep up the good work guys!

g33k0ft3ch
10-08-2006, 03:55 AM
Well I enjoyed the show, It helped me get through this morning, all of the shows....Why can't we just call Saturday "Revision3 day?"

I mean Rev3 has Sat, DL.TV has Tues and Thurs, Cranky Geeks has Thurs, tWiT.Tv has a new show all week long practically, I mean all of the Netcasts and IPTV I watch I am an addict, Heck..I have iTunes open 24/7 now.

But back on topic, Great show, I am going to try this effect on a Techtv sig where it goes through the podcasts and IPTV then it shows the TTV logo out of them. 5/5

But no happy little trees?

wolf68k
10-08-2006, 04:10 AM
I've looked at both the Xvid, WMV, and Theora (ogg) (all large) versions and all 3 look jumpy. With the Xvid and Theora I looked at them in WinAmp 5.03 and it reported around 3.5fps.

I also downloaded the Quicktime H.264 and it played just fine in QT7.1

//edit
With the use of Sorenson Squeeze I was able to use the large H.264 version and make a new WMV, using the 256K_Stream more or less default settings. It came out to be about the same file fize

noodlent
10-08-2006, 04:50 PM
I am having problems with the XVID and WMV large versions of the show. The video on both are extreamly jumpy and video corruption.

neid
10-08-2006, 08:31 PM
I didn't see any problems with the video quality, in fact I thought it was exceptionally good.

I have barely any photoshop experience so this show is perfect for me. I just hope they slow down a little bit and make the show longer. Also later down the line I'm hoping for more complex tasks.

I really liked a suggestion somebody made when the first episode came out too, which was something along the line of doing a "series" in a sense, where each episode continues doing something different to improve one large, complicated image. (Although I would hope that would just be a side thing, like "...and that's how create explosions. Let's jump back over to what we were doing last week, this time we're going to be adding...")

Really enjoying it so far!

spyderfcs
10-10-2006, 04:38 AM
Bert Monroy is a genius!!! It's amazing and so inspiring watching him do things in photoshop. Keep it up!!!!!

tbro
10-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Best part about these videos is being able to pause and go back while you play around with the techniques that he uses.

Loved ep. 2, keep'em coming.

jayrot
10-11-2006, 06:51 PM
This show is fantastic. Really hope it continues. Bert is great.

hakukaji
10-12-2006, 06:11 PM
awesome show and i think the quicktime version looks amazing! Just one question, when you create an animation in photoshop how should you save it to preserve the animation?