PDA

View Full Version : You guys gotta help me

terby
06-14-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm having a crisis of sorts (not really). I had a sudden urge to go out and get WOW come over me. I really don't want to go get it because I've just felt like I needed to avoid that game for as long as I could, but I really really want to get it (yes I do). Should I go out and just get it and never go outside again, or can any of you guys convince me that my life is more important than Warcraft?

spaceomega
06-14-2007, 06:31 PM
I, personally, got very bored of it. I think it's definately not worth 15 dollars a month, even if I did like it a bit more. If you feel so strongly, buy it, and about a month worth of play. Or just use trials.

magunwarrior
06-14-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm having a crisis of sorts (not really). I had a sudden urge to go out and get WOW come over me. I really don't want to go get it because I've just felt like I needed to avoid that game for as long as I could, but I really really want to get it (yes I do). Should I go out and just get it and never go outside again, or can any of you guys convince me that my life is more important than Warcraft?

Just go play the free trial.

Rather than going through everything and finding you don't like it after a weeks worth of play.

terby
06-14-2007, 06:36 PM
Just go play the free trial.

Rather than going through everything and finding you don't like it after a weeks worth of play.

Well, my brother's playing the trial and that's actually what's making me want to get it--just watching him play it. I think I'm just going to cave in and go get it and play it for a month. See if I'm really into it.

magunwarrior
06-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Well you get a free month of play so go for it.

I played WoW for almost two years...but never got a character over 40, I kept switching classes because none of them really caught me.

And getting ganked in Hillsbrad over and over again gets tiring after awhile.

nobodysleeps
06-14-2007, 08:03 PM
I played WoW for about 2 years as well. I say go for it. It's real fun but you'll have your ups and downs with it. I wanted to go back to WoW but after I played the 10 day Burning Crusade trial, I realized that it was all the same stuff and I stopped. Having friends to play it with is what really makes it fun. So if you get into it, try to bring more people with you and it will be a pretty good experience. You will no doubt get hooked if you like it. But I have a feeling that WoW was better before Burning Crusade came out.

My favorite class to play was Hunter. But being a priest was also tons of fun. It felt nice to keep your whole party alive during tough moments.

If you are one of the lucky ones, like me. You'll stop after only a year or so.

I think i finally broke free of it.

wideawakewesley
06-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Don't get it, it's just a spreadsheet with fancy graphics.

nobodysleeps
06-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Don't get it, it's just a spreadsheet with fancy graphics.

not even that fancy if you ask me.

But you will get to the point where the best part of the game is whether or not the text of an item that drops is purple or not.

It will end up being about loot and "Ooh I want that cause it will make my whatever more powerful." and after a long time of that you'll start to get bored and start rolling new characters, and when you do that enough time, you'll realize that you're bored of all the starting areas and that you've done all these quests before.

senoj1
06-14-2007, 08:20 PM
i had fun with it for awhile but doing grinds just doesn't please me. I much rather save the money and go to the movies or something.

scoobydiesel
06-15-2007, 02:05 AM
I say try it....My friend told me to join so i did, she gave me 4 gold to start out tho so its been pretty good not hard but not easy at the same time, as of right now Im a lvl 19 gnome mage :D

gm_wil
06-15-2007, 02:55 AM
I played it for a year i think...got bored with it...hunter is fun if you think you want to solo for awhile...

play the free month...

-

falloutitchy
06-15-2007, 03:01 AM
I play WoW on and off. It's a blast if you have a consistent group of people to play with (family, friends, etc.) but if not, it gets pretty old pretty fast. The argument that it's a spreadsheet with pretty graphics is a valid one, but it's also a valid argument that every Final Fantasy game (or other RPG) is even more so.

magunwarrior
06-15-2007, 04:17 AM
If there was a compelling story I would feel more inclined to play it.