PDA

View Full Version : TokenUser is internet famous [ANOTHER item from Wired's Blogs]

samureye
07-14-2007, 04:38 PM
"This used to be a good blog, now your(sic) turning into a Kevin Rose stalker. (http://blog.wired.com/business/2007/07/revision3-moder.html)" - Comment on the blog entry.

Thoughts?

comhcinc
07-14-2007, 04:43 PM
yeah they are out to get rev3. notice they haven't shown any aguments by non company people who support rev3. they are plenty of people who have put forth very good defenses of the company

oh and i fail to see the "circular logic"

xibalba
07-14-2007, 04:47 PM
I'll say it again like i said on pownce boycott wired, send thousands of complaints to them demand that author be removed or force him deliver a non-bias view on the subject. :D

comhcinc
07-14-2007, 04:50 PM
i didn't really have a problem with the last one he posted. there is nothing wrong with only presenting one side of something, but two in a roll? no this guy is out to get rev3

samureye
07-14-2007, 04:53 PM
He really is, he has never contacted Revision3 for any sort of comment.

comhcinc
07-14-2007, 04:55 PM
why would he? when he can just take comments out of context off of the forums?

xibalba
07-14-2007, 05:01 PM
If Token didn't give premission to use his comment and forum name he should sue him. This is a America you can sue over anything and win most of the time. :D

comhcinc
07-14-2007, 05:06 PM
i thought of that but i believe nothing can be done, unless rev3 reserves all rights to things wrote here.

samureye
07-14-2007, 05:06 PM
Why doesn't he make a post about anything I say? Hmmmm? :p

electricalburn
07-14-2007, 05:31 PM
i just think its stupid how his resource is forums.. token is a forum moderator not on the rev3 payroll

comhcinc
07-14-2007, 05:42 PM
ahh but he make sure that you think otherwise

tehcris
07-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Should we really care about what they write weather its true or not?

muffins
07-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Should we really care about what they write weather its true or not?

I'm going to second this.

comhcinc
07-14-2007, 06:46 PM
yes we should. public opinion is very importnat to a company.

masherscf
07-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Does he even know what "circular logic" is. I was trying to find the circle in the reasoning. Even if Token's argument is not valid, the flow of logic is not circular.

comhcinc
07-14-2007, 07:11 PM
i bet the guy has one of those word of the day calanders and circular logic was today's word, cause i didn't see it either.

samureye
07-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Hahaha. That amuses me.

ryudo
07-14-2007, 07:42 PM
Striker is the kid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mycGMDz2knA

comhcinc
07-14-2007, 07:45 PM
that was great.

muffins
07-14-2007, 07:52 PM
This isn't public opinion, its some worthless moron.

comhcinc
07-14-2007, 07:55 PM
if you knew anything you would understand that most public opinion is shaped by worthless morons.

now quit being such a negative nancy.

ryudo
07-14-2007, 08:05 PM
:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru9e2rTHeuk

xibalba
07-14-2007, 08:40 PM
Dedicated to a few people out there. :D
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HZ9DrcAZ39g

samureye
07-15-2007, 02:11 AM
But Token brought up a good point. It wasn't on company policy, it was on a particular idea/thought process.

black_magic
07-15-2007, 02:11 AM
why would he? when he can just take comments out of context off of the forums?
How was it taken out of context?

masherscf
07-15-2007, 02:26 AM
How was it taken out of context?

(the following is copyrighted by the author, any reproduction outside the forum is not permitted without permission of the author)*

* humor

Well, the entire thread counts as non-included context for starters. At least include the post that Token is responding to. That also creates context.

If the author of the wired post were interested in objectivity, he would have asked for Token to comment directly.

The author calls the post "circular logic." He uses this label to dismiss the argument out of hand. Rhetorically weak, it is akin to pointing out spelling errors in an attempt to dismiss a superior point of view.

The only trouble is that Token's argument isn't circular at all. You may not agree with his conclusion. The logic itself may be flawed. But, there is nothing "circular" about it.

The author proceeds to construct a hypothetical circumstance where Token's conclusion would be irrelevant. The is called proof by contradiction. But, it doesn't work in the contrapositive.

You can't prove that something is never true by constructing a counter example. You can only show that something is not always true.

That is, Token's theorem may be valid.

That there may be other factors throwing off Revision3 numbers is irrelevant.

rabidbadger
07-15-2007, 02:43 AM
Quoting forum volunteers (moderators) is a classic example of great journalism. He should apply for a job at Fox News!

I love you so much right now.

/drunken fratboy latenite heterofest

rabidbadger
07-15-2007, 02:50 AM
Dedicated to a few people out there. :D
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HZ9DrcAZ39g

that was pretty funny, but don't know why it's on this thread, Belongs on Blackfox, I think.

rabidbadger
07-15-2007, 02:53 AM
(the following is copyrighted by the author, any reproduction outside the forum is not permitted without permission of the author)*

* humor

Well, the entire thread counts as non-included context for starters. At least include the post that Token is responding to. That also creates context.

If the author of the wired post were interested in objectivity, he would have asked for Token to comment directly.

The author calls the post "circular logic." He uses this label to dismiss the argument out of hand. Rhetorically weak, it is akin to pointing out spelling errors in an attempt to dismiss a superior point of view.

The only trouble is that Token's argument isn't circular at all. You may not agree with his conclusion. The logic itself may be flawed. But, there is nothing "circular" about it.

The author proceeds to construct a hypothetical circumstance where Token's conclusion would be irrelevant. The is called proof by contradiction. But, it doesn't work in the contrapositive.

You can't prove that something is never true by constructing a counter example. You can only show that something is not always true.

That is, Token's theorem may be valid.

That there may be other factors throwing off Revision3 numbers is irrelevant.

Run for office already. I'd vote for you.

masherscf
07-15-2007, 02:55 AM
Run for office already. I'd vote for you.

I'll run for my office.

ryudo
07-15-2007, 03:40 AM
Quoting forum volunteers (moderators) is a classic example of great journalism. He should apply for a job at Fox News!
And here I was thinking it was comedy central 2.