PDA

View Full Version : 4th The Broken

kamic
09-30-2006, 11:45 AM
I just wanted to say I was so happy the 4th broken was released! Hopefully we see an episode per month... right?

klitzy
09-30-2006, 11:49 AM
Great to see and all, but my only question is........Isn't Kevin Rose worried that someone who might be able to offer him some business proposal or something along those lines might see thebroken and just say "Wow, nevermind." I mean dont get me wrong, I love thebroken but Im just wondering whether that ever comes into his mind, I mean smoking, "drinking 40's, and cursing" throughout the show in a smoke filled room probably isn't the most appealing thing to a 40 year old white collar business man. Anyway, just wondering.....I might be completely wrong or maybe krose just doesn't care.

travislopes
09-30-2006, 01:37 PM
This episode was awesome. This is really the first one I've seen since I'm only 13. I hope they come back with more.

Does anybody know what the songs were in the episode?
I know that the intro song is "Dinosaurs Will Die" by NOFX

rummey
09-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Isn't Kevin Rose worried that someone who might be able to offer him some business proposal or something along those lines might see thebroken and just say "Wow, nevermind."

Rose is probably pretty committed to the Rev3/Digg world, so its not that big of a deal.

vahnx
09-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Does anybody know what the songs were in the episode?
I know that the intro song is "Dinosaurs Will Die" by NOFX

They list the songs and the artists in the end credits.

vahnx
09-30-2006, 03:01 PM
I just wanted to say I was so happy the 4th broken was released! Hopefully we see an episode per month... right?

I don't think we will see one per month. I have a feeling the 4th was the final. Unless they posted somewhere else that they would release new ones.

spinnaker
09-30-2006, 06:27 PM
I don't think thats the last we'll see of the broken.... They announced at the Rev3 "relaunch" party that thebroken was returning... I doubt they meant for just one episode

tribis
09-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Great to see and all, but my only question is........Isn't Kevin Rose worried that someone who might be able to offer him some business proposal or something along those lines might see thebroken and just say "Wow, nevermind." I mean dont get me wrong, I love thebroken but Im just wondering whether that ever comes into his mind, I mean smoking, "drinking 40's, and cursing" throughout the show in a smoke filled room probably isn't the most appealing thing to a 40 year old white collar business man. Anyway, just wondering.....I might be completely wrong or maybe krose just doesn't care.

You have to remember that hes acting in that show, trust me he doesnt sleep hugging a 40.

Also in the intro...anyone know if thats Kevins Viper? I know Vipers arent crazy expensive but if that belongs to the guy saving up for a couch...well just funny.

mr-underachiever
09-30-2006, 06:34 PM
I don't think thats the last we'll see of the broken.... They announced at the Rev3 "relaunch" party that thebroken was returning... I doubt they meant for just one episode

Yeah, and they did shoot a new opening... but at the end, they said that they did a new one because the fans kept asking for it, which leads me to believe that they just made this one to get everyone off their backs.

klitzy
09-30-2006, 06:48 PM
You have to remember that hes acting in that show, trust me he doesnt sleep hugging a 40.

Also in the intro...anyone know if thats Kevins Viper? I know Vipers arent crazy expensive but if that belongs to the guy saving up for a couch...well just funny.

Well obviously but just the fact that he has made a show about hacking and stealing while drinking "40's" and smoking "joints." Even if he is acting, I know no one wants to hear this but Kevin Rose is becoming the man of "web 2.0" and quite the business man and I just have never seen someone of his stature releasing such a show and wondering if that will affect any future business moves meaning a company looks into sponsoring digg. They watch thebroken, associates it with drinking, smoking, hacking and then associate it with revision3 and kevin rose and suddenly dont want anything to do with Digg or Kevin Rose.

Just throwing some thoughts out there

fluff
09-30-2006, 07:28 PM
I am so glad they decided to do another episode :)

andrewr
09-30-2006, 07:39 PM
There are still some smaller sponsors that won't have an issue with thebroken's content like J!NX for example. I think systm will bring in the better sponsors.

mongoose
09-30-2006, 07:39 PM
I'd never seen thebroken before watching episode 4. Since seeing it, I've watched the other 3 and I'm hooked.

dj-hotar
09-30-2006, 07:41 PM
The new broken kicks ass! Very entertaining! Thank you Revision3!

jojofreak
09-30-2006, 08:02 PM
I just wanted to say thanks for another ep. of the broken.. i really enjoy that show.. and its been so long .. i saw it and i was late for work because i really wanted to watch it..

dwizzle13
09-30-2006, 09:14 PM

Ya, i hope we'll have monthly eppisodes too.

danhuard
09-30-2006, 09:18 PM
the viper belongs to one of jay's friends...none of us are particularly fond of vipers we just wanted to make a gag out of it. on that note, most subjects in ep4 is just a big joke...we're just having fun and taking nothing seriously :)

except for ramzi, that's serious business...he hates DRM. he should always be able to listen to too short wherever he is!

g33k0ft3ch
09-30-2006, 09:18 PM
Hes mother***** Kevin Rose, he owns with Jay Rev3 and Digg, he can do whatever he wants.

/ fanboyishness.

But I liked the Blockfister thing. And the new intro rocks.

g33k0ft3ch
09-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Gasp..my post was below foo's....

Holy SH**.. *Hyperventilates*.

But yea the Viper thing was funny, I thought it was a joke about Kevin being the 6 million dollar man or was it 60.. or it was because when in the first 3 episodes the cd contained a password to a bank.

And another question..is the place where Kevin broke into the Digg servers or is it some place else?

psylion
09-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Loved the new episode. Worth the wait….don’t want to wait that long again though. Ramzi rules.

vahnx
09-30-2006, 11:09 PM
The one thing they should have done with the new intro was have Kevin jump in the window of the car like the old intro instead of opening it.

PS Thanks for making the forums for freebies. I was getting lonely at Diggdown.

nation
10-01-2006, 01:54 AM
Eh the cell phone thing was cool, but 300 bucks come on most of us are broke nerds amiright?

sufferingant
10-01-2006, 02:07 AM
Klitzy, I see your point, but I think that many people admire Kevin Rose because he does whatever he wants. He has no boundaries.

muffins
10-01-2006, 02:12 AM
I love thebroken and all but I much preferred the old intro. This new one makes me feel like I need to go get an HIV test and a liver transplant. ;)

nation
10-01-2006, 02:16 AM
Yea the old intro is way better, but come on strippers good to go!

paulg57
10-01-2006, 02:19 AM

I have to agree with you, I thought the episode was weakened because of the cursing, it almost felt contrived. It was as if they were trying to get some hacker cred happening. Yes make it edgy, but don't go over the top. Episode 4 could have been better.

rockyrobins
10-01-2006, 05:03 AM
Loved that episode all the way. Hope the next one comes up quicker. You should have a stripper do a hack tip too.

Hilarious that yall "socially engineered" that theme park...Worked there in 93, and had to laugh when I saw that part.

Can't wait for the ep 5. Wonder what Ramzi's next tip will be?

kirkio
10-01-2006, 05:43 AM
I love the reference in the intro to Kevin being the 60 million dollar man when the computer shows that they stole 60,000,000.

ramzis-hairy-chest
10-01-2006, 05:45 AM
The Broken is pretty much everything regular TV shows isn't. So in regards to cursing... F.UCK YEAH!

speed
10-01-2006, 06:36 AM
It was good, but IMO, Dan trying to be black, and basically saying **** everything was a little over the top. Other than that, good show.

serpico007
10-01-2006, 06:59 AM
Great to see the show back, but I agree that some of it was over the top. Just didn't have the same wow factor that the older episodes had. Maybe too much time has passed and we have seen Kevin on diggnation for too long. Systm and the broken was cool back then just to see Kevin again since he left techtv.

thetron
10-01-2006, 07:54 AM
Old episode had that wow factor. Cause it was innovative and nobody had put tech content online.

Everyone bloody vodcast has did their version of a game console mod segment. It's been done to death

nefarious
10-02-2006, 08:47 AM
I've been a fan of thebroken for a long time now; it's what introduced me to revision3 and its other podcasts (diggnation, systm) which I also love.

I have been wondering how I would feel about a new thebroken, and always worried it would not be the same. Kind of how I felt about Systm and the "makers fair" 'episode'.

But I watched it last night, and it absolutely reached my expectations. The fact that Kevin and Dan returned as characters of themselves, seemingly waking up from boozing and partying this whole time just took me right back to the day I discovered thebroken.

Thank you guys for making the wait worthwhile!

----
# I don't see this being the last episode of thebroken, I predict about 3 more although I obviously hope it does continue indefinitely.

# I also don't see potential revision3 business being affected by thebroken. Digg and Diggnation are surely the most popular revision3 offerings? Anyone seeing thebroken after seeing diggnation would know it was acted, and that Kevin Rose "has never taken drugs" and "doesn't actually drink that much, but only for diggnation shootings".

chrismcq
10-04-2006, 12:06 AM
I love thebroken and have been waiting a long time for this episode. I hope they continue to release new episodes with quality content.

pokesmot420
10-04-2006, 01:44 AM
wow, finally a new episode of the broken and i like! it's been a while but i'm glad to see you guys are back doing what you're best at. keep em coming bc i know there's lots of people sitting, waiting, wishing.

neveruseaol
10-05-2006, 07:28 AM
again...total sweatness, must be nice to pimp technology like its no ones busina$$!

tdfx
10-05-2006, 04:38 PM
I was around for the launch of the thebroken.org site & the first EP. TheBroken is what got me into podcasts and videocasts in the first place. It was awesome to see some of the TechTV favorites doing thebroken.

With the release of EP4 I was excited! and it was a funny EP. The info was great but now with Kevin having Digg.com and doing Diggnation it seemed almost kind of wierd to watch. Kevin just isn't the same Kevin from the first EP of thebroken.

I hope they do make more EP's and I can't wait.

orlov
10-06-2006, 07:40 AM
Kids a self made millionaire I dont think he really give a F%CK what white collared business men think, and with big companys like AOL trying to copycat everything you do I dont think white collared businessmen give a rats ass what you do as long as you can make them sh!t tons of cash.

sax
10-06-2006, 10:17 PM
I've been a fan ever since I came across theBroken shirt on jinx and checked you guys out.. you guys are the shit. It doesn't matter how long it is in between each episode as long as you keep making new ones.

Ugh, but guys.. I've totally been doing that Blockbuster scam for a while and now the whole world knows about it, rawr. :[

Keep it up,

- dave.

P.S. Anyone notice the FED car after the viper pulled out on the intro? I attached a screenshot. http://i12.tinypic.com/2mmgso4.png

bird603568
10-06-2006, 11:12 PM
yes we have thats why theres a therad about it :O

thm
10-07-2006, 07:56 AM
I really loved the new episode - i was laughing most of the way through. Those people that get annoyed be Dan "acting black" or the "cursing" need to realise that the broken is a self-parody and not take it too seriously.

chepenguin
10-08-2006, 11:25 PM
Props to double_d and krose.. but is this monthly ? every 2 years? what ?

amal8301
10-09-2006, 03:09 AM
I was stoked when I saw there was a new one.:D

setec
10-11-2006, 10:10 AM
The Broken #4 is now just tired old hacker bullshit. And what is with the pretending to be hip-hop, playing rap music that is backed by street gangs and pretending to have marijuana? I thought Kevin Rose grew up? Is this what the $1 million was for?

Quality content is was not. They should offer a stripped down version with just the hacking segments.

Anyone smoking or pretending to smoke marijuana is a moron.

kowgod
10-11-2006, 08:56 PM
The Broken #4 is now just tired old hacker bullshit...

I smell the Feds. Run!

jaywright
10-11-2006, 09:10 PM
I loved the new episode of the Broken! God, how I missed that.

The only thing now it that it seemed at the end of the episode as if it was kind of a "farewell." Both Kevin and Dan seemed pretty done with it towards the end. They used words like "It was fun making this," and "We weren't going to do another ONE but we decided to." That kinda talk just makes it sound like some sort of a finale.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Heard anything about it?

kowgod
10-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Heard anything about it?

Shrug, maybe they'll make another when they sober up. But, to give you hope, the description for this particular forum is "free ramzi love advice + future episode discussion"...

nextgenxbox
10-12-2006, 07:19 AM
God I love Hacking with Ramzi!

zerohero
10-12-2006, 09:37 AM
It was good, but IMO, Dan trying to be black, and basically saying **** everything was a little over the top. Other than that, good show.

This is probably the dummest post on the forums. Just because someone curses, and drinks doesn't mean they are trying to act black. If anything you should have said act "gangster" cause theres nothing wrong with afro americans who enjoy hacking stuff either. Please leave the forum forever!

amardilo
10-18-2006, 11:12 PM
Its been a long time since I saw thebroken and I liked this new episode.

Nice one Dan, Kev, Ramzi and the rest of the crew. I hope you make some more episodes.

vinnievegas
10-19-2006, 11:42 AM
I just finished watching the 4th ep. It was freakin awesome!!!!! Please Keep'em comin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lasercobra
10-20-2006, 12:18 AM
This episode had me wondering if there would be any fallout. A blatant BlockBuster scam like that seems daring- although VERY funny. TheBroken is always a great time. Nothing funnier then seeing two nerds acting hard while talking about geeky stuff. HA!

ringwurm
12-03-2006, 01:34 AM
I love thebroken and all but I much preferred the old intro. This new one makes me feel like I need to go get an HIV test and a liver transplant. ;)

i hear ya there :D

But yeah, i love thebroken and all, but this episode did seem a bit different than the other three. i didn't mind them acting "hard" but in the 4th ep it did seem a bit over the top....
ep4 and it's "partying" theme (with the drinking and smoking) didn't really catch my intrest. I don't mind those things, but it seemed out of context in thebroken.

the 1-3 were my favorite eps of the series, b/c krose and dan were just being geeky and having fun, and weren't trying to give themselves the image of party boys. Computers, pot, and excessive alcohol don't mix well