PDA

View Full Version : Episode 25: "Permahonk"

trsjeff
09-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Episode #25: "Permahonk"

Shoot 'em Up: Does all-action and no plot work? Soul Code: Can the director of Tron do it again? Bioshock: Game of the Year? The jam-packed Fall in gaming says no. Tabula Rasa: Can Richard Garriott deliver an alternative to WoW? Plus, the results of the Summer Wager!

This week in Movies:

Alex, Dan and Jeff empty their clips into the new action film, Shoot 'em Up.

It has been 20 years since Steve Lisberger made his only film, Tron. The guys discuss the potential of his new project, Soul Code.

This week in Games:

Bioshock is the prohibitive favorite for game of the year. The guys look at the ridiculous number of AAA titles being released this year and predict whether Bioshock can live up.

Richard Garriott and his team started the MMO genre with Ultima Online. The guys take a look at Garriott's newest MMO Tabula Rasa, which aims to be just as ground-breaking.

Plus!
Summer has come and gone, and with it the epic Summer Box Office Wager! Can you guess who won?

masherscf
09-12-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm downloading the TRS goodness right now!

fino35
09-12-2007, 11:09 PM
it's here! FIRST!
edit: damnit, i never get first.

masherscf
09-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Damn! The download keeps stalling. Did someone forget to pay-off Cache-fly again?

chuckles
09-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Damn! The download keeps stalling. Did someone forget to pay-off Cache-fly again?

Could you please PM me your IP address and the file you're downloading?

Thanks in advance.

-chuckles-

gummo
09-12-2007, 11:19 PM
I wish it would download faster.

I can't wait.

eminemdrdre00
09-12-2007, 11:27 PM
What movie did they spoof this time?

floris
09-12-2007, 11:29 PM
I don't know why you guys are complaining, it's downloading with 2,5mbyte/sec here .. Thanks staff, looks like a totally .. rad .. episode. Just a few minute more and I will go watch it with some of my friends over Skype and on the online chat. Hey Jeff & Alex & Dan, you should jump in our chat once in a while, ppl pout that you're not there :)

[edit] took screeny of the download doing just fine .. http://fortehwin.org/trs.png

masherscf
09-12-2007, 11:31 PM
What movie did they spoof this time?

Something with Bill Murray. I peeked at the flash...

masherscf
09-12-2007, 11:32 PM
I don't know why you guys are complaining, it's downloading with 2,5mbyte/sec here .

I'm not complaining really. I'm just concerned that the download has stalled and stopped with less than 10% eight times now. It could be something local. I'll check some things.

chazz
09-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Downloading at ~43kb/s, usually download at around 1.2mb/s or so.. got 2 hours left until the download is done. -_-

thwackum
09-12-2007, 11:39 PM
First, mines downloading just fine.

Second, What movie is the intro a spoof of?

Thirdly, I had to pause TRS just so I could vent real quick. I thought Shoot 'em Up was great. A "good movie" not at all, "entertaining as all hell", yes. I was fine with the guys not liking it, I wasn't going to comment about the fact I disagreed with their point of view. However, then they started talking about Kung Fu Hustle. For the love of God, hearing the name of that movie makes my skin crawl. That thing was Horrible!

I work at a movie theatre, so I usually see movies for free. However my theatre didn't get it, so I had to go out of town and pay. Not only pay, but pay twice as much as I would have to pay in town if I didn't get in for free. I can honestly say that it was worth the money. Which is saying something, cuz I really don't like paying for movies. If I was working at the movie theatre when Kung Fu Hustle came out. I would have burned it without hesitation.

And if nothing else, Shoot 'em Up makes up for all the avtion that SHOULD have been in War. Now that movie was a cock tease.

diggdiggme
09-12-2007, 11:44 PM
I wish my boyfriend loved me as much as Jeff loves the Shield...

Great episode, guys!

gummo
09-12-2007, 11:45 PM
I would have burned it without hesitation.

Pssh.

You work at a movie theatre and you don't think Kung Fu Hustle is a great movie?

You should quit. You obviously don't like movies.

floris
09-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Didn't the Shield get cancelled ?? I think I read something about that somewhere.

yourestillmycaesar
09-12-2007, 11:49 PM
D: Kung Fu Hustle is brilliance!

Even better than Kung Fu hustle, however, is Shaolin Soccer. Pure hilarity.

jradebaugh
09-12-2007, 11:49 PM
The h.264 and WMV Large both stall.

radish
09-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Bugger its stopped downloading at 37%, keep getting server errors or unavailable when using Downthemall. Never had this problem before.

edit: downloading the H.264

masherscf
09-12-2007, 11:53 PM
We should all switch to BT until they get this worked out. I keep seeding when I get it down completely.

eddielee
09-12-2007, 11:54 PM
The opening sequence is Groundhog Day.

I

masherscf
09-12-2007, 11:55 PM
The opening sequence is ******.

I

Don't say it! You'll spoil it for everyone else.

diane
09-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Oh my golly, the kid just caused me to loose my hearing for a moment when Jeff mentioned Mythbusters. He has a picture of himself and Tory, Grant and Kary on his wall. He squealed and then turned to me and said "They watch Mythbusters too? That is so cool!" And then took the DS from me to try Puzzlequest.

This completely makes up for the ep being late.

I guess we are doing Mythbusters for cuddle time tonight.

toasterstrudull
09-12-2007, 11:58 PM
Edit : late on the beginning

Double Edit: the download has stopped!

diane
09-12-2007, 11:59 PM

Thanks! I hate when that happens.

radish
09-13-2007, 12:01 AM
We should all switch to BT until they get this worked out. I keep seeding when I get it down completely.

Only one seeder at the moment. This is going to take forever and I like to watch the show while having my lunch.

floris
09-13-2007, 12:02 AM
I am seeing it on bittorrent now for those who want a fast torrent download. Just go to the main page and get the .torrent, after a minute the speed will go up. I use my web server and my local connection. So should be fast enough. I hope that helps.

chazz
09-13-2007, 12:02 AM
It has stopped downloading for me three times now, 10%, 14% and 21%.
It'll stop completely and "finish", so I can't continue.

Not so much complaining as attesting to the fact that there's problems.

sugarsickness
09-13-2007, 12:03 AM
Jeff, as soon as you mentioned youtube I knew exactly the scene that Dan saw. When I was going through the Shield (Which truly is phenomenal) I decided to scan through wikipedia and found out the same thing that Dan did (Although I didn't know any specifics... just what was going to happen).

I didn't like the season 6 finale soley because season 5s was so frickin sad :(

radish
09-13-2007, 12:03 AM
I'm downloading fine (watching in firefox)...

Oh and the opening is from groundhog day. When Bill Murray is trying to get with Rita.

Thanks very much

masherscf
09-13-2007, 12:05 AM
Thanks! I hate when that happens.

I avoid this thread just for that reason. I confess, I peeked on flash when I knew I;d have to come here...just so I wouldn't be spoiled.

radish
09-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Yay, http download is working again, so much faster than the torrent.

geekluv
09-13-2007, 12:11 AM
I just had to pause the show for a moment to say ...

OMG CARWASH!!

That is all, now to finish watching the show.

cyber34
09-13-2007, 12:14 AM
Awesome episode, finished watching the flash version. Great everything.

eddielee
09-13-2007, 12:31 AM
Just finished watching. Awesome episode, as always.

I can just see OliviaKay going gaga for the carwash sequence.

jafarykos
09-13-2007, 12:35 AM
Did anyone else have issues downloading from the TRS page? I normally right-click & save as since QuickTime auto-plays my .mov files in firefox.

I had to create a .htm file with a <a href> link in it on my own computer removing the tracking proxy they attached to the front and then finally right-click and save as.

Not a huge hurdle, but I do web development and this is second nature. Anyone else have issues?

sugarsickness
09-13-2007, 12:53 AM
Did anyone else have issues downloading from the TRS page? I normally right-click & save as since QuickTime auto-plays my .mov files in firefox.

I had to create a .htm file with a <a href> link in it on my own computer removing the tracking proxy they attached to the front and then finally right-click and save as.

Not a huge hurdle, but I do web development and this is second nature. Anyone else have issues?
If you download the redirect.avi it will be the correct file. I didn't notice and downloaded Systm the same way last night and it played fine.

Also, just regularly click the link and it will pop up to save as the correct file name.

diane
09-13-2007, 12:59 AM
I just had to pause the show for a moment to say ...

OMG CARWASH!!

That is all, now to finish watching the show.

I couldn't stop laughing! It was precious.

roomforpanic
09-13-2007, 01:03 AM
That was the best intro yet.

eddielee
09-13-2007, 01:07 AM
Oh Dan, no internet in Jakarta Indonesia?

http://www.etm.pdx.edu/htliono/images/jktnite.jpg

jtn
09-13-2007, 01:12 AM
OMG Jeff I love you for that reference to Clue.

ant-niak-
09-13-2007, 01:12 AM
And "Groundhog Day" is one of my favorite movies of all time. Gotta' love that crazy Harold Ramis!

masherscf
09-13-2007, 01:33 AM
Doubting Thomas = Saint Thomas the apostle. He doubted that Christ had risen until Christ appeared. Hello.

diane
09-13-2007, 01:40 AM
Doubting Thomas = Saint Thomas the apostle. He doubted that Christ had risen until Christ appeared. Hello.

I liked the pic chosen so much better.

ant-niak-
09-13-2007, 01:41 AM
So Jeff, what ending did you get? I got the "bad" ending as I harvested almost all the little sisters. Although I'm going through it again second time around and I've saved every one of them thus far. Also my second time around I'm much more conservative with my resources, I've found. I'm doing a hell of a lot better than before. I'm also taking pictures like crazy, I didn't realize the camera played such an integral role.

ant-niak-
09-13-2007, 01:44 AM
Oh, one more thing. What about the Half-Life bundle? Portal anyone? Helllloo TFC2!!! Anyone check out the "Meet the Engineer" video?

trugamer510
09-13-2007, 01:45 AM
I saw Alex was wearing a Conker's shirt in the new episode and just wanted to say that that game is probably one of my favorites of all time. I played Bad Fur Day but didn't get to play Live and Reloaded unfortunately.

owlboy
09-13-2007, 01:54 AM
Was Alex trying to sing Nelly's "Hot In Herre" at the end?

eddielee
09-13-2007, 01:57 AM
For some reason I can't stop watching Jeff flip out at the melting pot towards the end. It's too funny!

mormonrage
09-13-2007, 02:01 AM
I'm so glad DannyT made the Crank comparison in the Shoot Em Up review. I laughed myself silly watching Crank and Shoot Em Up completely bored me to tears. You're so right that it had suspense and drama--not to mention how much better shot and edited Crank was. Shoot Em Up was completely awful in every way.

Alex hasn't seen Go? Jesus.

Bioshock was really good. But a handful of hours with the Call of Duty 4 beta has me believing, rather strongly, that Bioshock just can't be game of the year. The strongest contenders to me are: Call of Duty 4, Ratchet and Clank, and Mass Effect. Even though, oddly, I think I'll probably have the most pure fun playing through Heavenly Sword.

I know what you mean about WoW. I quit playing because I was missing too many other games. But you know what game has that goddamn carrot-on-a-stick mentality down just as well? Call of Duty 4 multiplayer.

gm_wil
09-13-2007, 02:12 AM
Kick ass episode fellas...got my tshirt today!

-

trench
09-13-2007, 02:20 AM
Jeff mentioned The Shield. All is right with the world again.

albie
09-13-2007, 03:03 AM
On behalf of the female viewers of TRS, I'd like to request more scantily-clad Jeff. Also, more slo-mo towel-wringing...*sigh*

Oh, and you looked nice too, Alex.

royterp
09-13-2007, 03:08 AM
OK, excluding last week's episode (where they used my background:)), "Permahonk" gave me my favorite TRS moment ever: Jeff's "Flames, on the side of my face..." That is perhaps the funniest moment in the eminently quotable movie "Clue" which we used to quote all the time in high school. Thanks Jeff!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PMGBucNONs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PMGBucNONs

Madeline Kahn RIP

cwluc
09-13-2007, 03:22 AM

Amen, seriously, it's rough enough when the spoiler cam comes out during the episode but come on people!

So Jeff, what ending did you get? I got the "bad" ending as I harvested almost all the little sisters. Although I'm going through it again second time around and I've saved every one of them thus far. Also my second time around I'm much more conservative with my resources, I've found. I'm doing a hell of a lot better than before. I'm also taking pictures like crazy, I didn't realize the camera played such an integral role.

You're kidding right, did you watch the episode...where Jeff said not to read a thing, thank you for killing it for me and others..thank you so much. Anyway, sorry I'm really peeved by peoples willingness to forget that they are ruining the story for others.

ON ANOTHER NOTE

You mean like fuh "Q", Steve you kill me man. And I love that. Great episode guys. See you all next week!

boxcarjay
09-13-2007, 03:27 AM
great episode, and i cant wait to see what olivia says about the whole slomo of jeff washing that car. something tells me she has a new wallpaper

geekluv
09-13-2007, 03:31 AM
On behalf of the female viewers of TRS, I'd like to request more scantily-clad Jeff. Also, more slo-mo towel-wringing...*sigh*

Oh, and you looked nice too, Alex.

And props to Steve for the camera work :D

-xcl-
09-13-2007, 03:44 AM
OMG a "Clue" Reference .... best episode ever :D

mormonrage
09-13-2007, 03:50 AM
You're kidding right, did you watch the episode...where Jeff said not to read a thing, thank you for killing it for me and others..thank you so much. Anyway, sorry I'm really peeved by peoples willingness to forget that they are ruining the story for others.

LOL--there were no spoilers in that post.

yssman
09-13-2007, 04:01 AM
1) Great Episode guys, keep up the good work!

2) I didn't think Shoot 'Em Up was that bad, it just wasn't that good either. But, student discounts and nothing better to do on a Friday night made it that much less painful. Thank God for $6 movie tickets!

3) Dan, your VW Passat is BAD-ASS! Only true players (like myself) own Volkswagens, and thus your stock has risen to an all-time high. Now, please tell me its a stick Dan... Only the truly RAD drive stick...

BTW: Was it just me, or was the audio way off for most of the episode?

lrsk
09-13-2007, 04:11 AM

2) I didn't think Shoot 'Em Up was that bad, it just wasn't that good either. But, student discounts and nothing better to do on a Friday night made it that much less painful. Thank God for $6 movie tickets!

3) Dan, your VW Passat is BAD-ASS! Only true players (like myself) own Volkswagens, and thus your stock has risen to an all-time high. Now, please tell me its a stick Dan... Only the truly RAD drive stick...

Of course it's a stick! He just learned how to drive stick about 20 episodes ago.

brettville
09-13-2007, 04:23 AM
Nice win on the summer wager Dan! No victory dance? Where's the truffle shuffle?

forthekids85
09-13-2007, 04:27 AM
I wish there was a less explicit way to give my feedback for this episode, but sometimes it's just necessary:

****ing awesome.

You guys are seriously better every single episode and I thank you for it.

Also, I'm not involved in the forums much, so I'm sure this may have been brought up previously. But I would love to have each host give a "top ten" list of movies that he thinks everyone should see. Hearing that "Big Trouble in Little China" isn't well-known today was rather hard to take, as I remember watching it on TV when I was a kid and just being blown away. Everyone needs to see it. And I think there are a TON of great movies out there that aren't appreciated as much as they should be, so maybe that would be a nice segment in the future.. Opening peoples' minds is always a great thing to do.

Just bought a Wii today, so I'm gonna peace out. Keep on keeping on fellas.

zombi
09-13-2007, 04:51 AM
best quote ever:
"Dan you douchebag...Im leaving" - Sir Jeff Canata. Man I can empathize with you, its a bummer when a friend cant get the perfect experience. Too bad, hopefully Alex can still get into THE GREATEST TV SHOW EVER

gm_wil
09-13-2007, 05:11 AM
I wish there was a less explicit way to give my feedback for this episode, but sometimes it's just necessary:

****ing awesome.

I had the same problem...was going to describe how much I like and appreciate this show, but ended up being a shit-ton of ***********'s.....

-

darthender
09-13-2007, 07:28 AM
If you guys are having trouble with your direct downloads finishing I'd suggest downloading and using Orbit Downloader. It almost makes your direct downloads work like torrent. But the main use is that if you get disconnected halfway through it automatically goes out and reestablishes the connection, and remembers what it already downloaded.

Also, that tank top makes Jeff look like AC Slater from Saved by the Bell.

darthbone89
09-13-2007, 08:38 AM
First of all the show was fan-rad-tastic. Also I'm glad to hear that you TRS guys are looking forward to HG:L (HellGate:London). I hope I get a chance to bump into you or other TRS fans in the online in it ,maybe even find a TRS guild.

MaxTheSilent
09-13-2007, 09:04 AM
Dig on that slow-mo beefcake shot of Jeff ringing out the wet towel. :eek:

Somewhere, OliviaKay is sweating. :D

masherscf
09-13-2007, 12:03 PM
So, what's the deal with the sexy car-wash footage? Are you trying to make us all gay?

geekluv
09-13-2007, 12:52 PM
ON ANOTHER NOTE

You mean like fuh "Q", Steve you kill me man. And I love that. Great episode guys. See you all next week!

That was one of my favorite moments of the episode! Steve rocks \m/

gi_josh
09-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Wow Jeff, that was pure rage in the melting pot, and it was all aimed at Dan. I almost jumped when you called dan a douchebag and stormed out. I'm glad you can laugh about it now, because it was darn funny.

Also, I'm pretty sure this is the longest episode of TRS yet, clocking in at over an hour.

Oh, and to whoever mentioned it, my audio was off from about the 12 minute mark on, but it slowly synced back up, and by the end it was perfect again. No idea why.

stubadub
09-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Oh, and to whoever mentioned it, my audio was off from about the 12 minute mark on, but it slowly synced back up, and by the end it was perfect again. No idea why.

If only I'd read this before I tried watching it. I was sure it was an issue between my pc and my xbox, and I kept trying to fix something to resolve it. After an hour and a half I said **** it and watched it unsynced.

stubadub
09-13-2007, 01:27 PM
[QUOTE=mormonrage;199983]I'm so glad DannyT made the Crank comparison in the Shoot Em Up review. I laughed myself silly watching Crank and Shoot Em Up completely bored me to tears. You're so right that it had suspense and drama--not to mention how much better shot and edited Crank was. Shoot Em Up was completely awful in every way.

Alex hasn't seen Go? Jesus.

QUOTE]

I knew MormonRage would be happy when Dan made that comment. :)

The Shoot 'Em Up review wasn't as bad as the Superbad review. I don't expect Shoot 'Em Up to play well to everyone, and I either agree with most of your criticisms or understand how someone could feel that way. With Superbad it just felt like the three of you combined were so far removed from how most people were taking the film, and some of your comments made it feel like you were describing a different film than the one I saw. When you spoke about Shoot 'Em Up I knew we were talking about the same movie.

Shoot 'Em Up is a simple movie that isn't any more than a series of goofy gunfights, but I never found myself bored during the hour and a half. Am I the only one that thought it was funny that Paul Giamatti's first thought was "The baby will be hungry, find me all the lactating prostitutes in town"?

mrpopular
09-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Great episode like always!!!

Shoot 'Em Up was alright... which makes me sad, I wished this movie was going to be spectacular.. but it wasn't and I was stocked to see it for the past year or so.

The worst part of this episode is my man Danny T dissing Boondock Saints. I heart this movie

gm_wil
09-13-2007, 01:46 PM
So, what's the deal with the sexy car-wash footage? Are you trying to make us all gay?

As one of many beta testers of Galaxies, I still sigh with regret when I think of how fun it started out as...then turned into crap...and Masher, I'm gonna use this "interweb" abbreviation for the first time - Masher FTW.

-

deegraww
09-13-2007, 01:47 PM
I forgot Alex was big into SWG. I totally miss that game. It's a shame what SOE did to it. I miss running around the Test Center with my Wookiee Jedi. Damn Combat upgrade the NGE!!!

diane
09-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Dig on that slow-mo beefcake shot of Jeff ringing out the wet towel. :eek:

Somewhere, OliviaKay is sweating. :D

Trust me, she isn't the only one....

thwackum
09-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Pssh.

You work at a movie theatre and you don't think Kung Fu Hustle is a great movie?

You should quit. You obviously don't like movies.

wait, my bad, i was thinking of Kung Pow

tnvwboy
09-13-2007, 05:56 PM
wait, my bad, i was thinking of Kung Pow

Now THAT was a piece of steaming poo movie!

thwackum
09-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Now THAT was a piece of steaming poo movie!

EXACTLY, that's why I was so confused when the guys were talking about Kung Fu Hustle. I was like "How can anyone think anything positive of that film"

deegraww
09-13-2007, 06:26 PM
EXACTLY, that's why I was so confused when the guys were talking about Kung Fu Hustle. I was like "How can anyone think anything positive of that film"

Kung Fu fighting cows shooting milk out of their utters matrix style... what's not to like?

gi_josh
09-13-2007, 06:32 PM
For anyone interested, you can pick up "Big Trouble in Little China" at Wal-Mart in the five dollar bin...I haven't yet but I'm going to next time I'm in there.

deegraww
09-13-2007, 06:36 PM
For anyone interested, you can pick up "Big Trouble in Little China" at Wal-Mart in the five dollar bin...I haven't yet but I'm going to next time I'm in there.

Time to dump my VHS copy and pick up the DVD. I'll do that after I finish season one of Futurama. It was my birthday present to myself.

shmoo
09-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Nice shout out to "Clue", Jeff. One of my favourite movies.

guagloves
09-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Another good episode. I want that Conker shirt.

oliviakay
09-13-2007, 08:12 PM
First of all, Thank you STEVE for that amazing slow mo shot. I appreciate it whole-heartedly.

/sigh

If you're wondering why I haven't been posting it's because that scene has kept me quite occupied (if you know what I mean :) )

hahaa Great show guys! Jeff, you're even cute when you're pissed off.

masherscf
09-13-2007, 08:17 PM
First of all, Thank you STEVE for that amazing slow mo shot. I appreciate it whole-heartedly.

/sigh

If you're wondering why I haven't been posting it's because that scene has kept me quite occupied (if you know what I mean :) )

hahaa Great show guys! Jeff, you're even cute when you're pissed off.

Geez, get a room!

oliviakay
09-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Geez, get a room!

Oh masher, don't act like you don't like it. We all know you.

deegraww
09-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Geez, get a room!

Harrumph

masherscf
09-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Oh masher, don't act like you don't like it. We all know you.

You guys are cute, what can I say...

filmcub
09-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Thank you STEVE for that amazing slow mo shot. I appreciate it whole-heartedly.

I won't say that shot was specifically for you, but I knew you would get a "kick" out of it ;)

oliviakay
09-13-2007, 08:45 PM
I won't say that shot was specifically for you, but I knew you would get a "kick" out of it ;)

Of course, it was for all the TRS ladies..

and Rabid..

the-clab
09-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Ah Groundhog Day. One of my favorite movies that I will never own because it seems like it's always on TV.
Jeff made me laugh so hard when he got pissed about The Shield. I totally get where he's coming from and seeing how upset he got has me more determined to watch it myself.

geekluv
09-13-2007, 08:55 PM
I laughed so hard when Jeff got that pissed at Dan for spoiling the Shield. Not long ago I experienced the same rage when a friend of mine finally started watching Battlestar Galactica and catching up on the seasons. Then he saw something on sci-fi by "accident" (during a BSG marathon) that ruined season 3 before he'd even finished season 2 (you BSG fans know what I mean). I blew a gasket.

Don't feel bad Jeff, I call that passion :)

milamber_cubed
09-13-2007, 09:45 PM
Ditto on the positive Groundhog Day comments. I am actually surprised that I have got all of the intro references since episode 1. I'm sure that will change at some point though..

Another thing that I wanted to mention was Dan's love of Crank....

Like Dan, I feel ill playing FPSs - no Bioshock awesomeness for me, and Jeff keep rubbing it in - but I also get the same thing with some movies, when they use shakey hand camera "effects". Crank was the worst experience I have ever had in a cinema. Ever. I actually had to leave half way through to not throw up and felt pretty awful for hours.

I'm guessing that Dan doesn't have this problem with movies, which confuses me greatly. Maybe it could be a simple issue for Dan that tweaking the FOV in the game (or something) would help alleviate. Just thought I'd mention it - especially since Jeff is so adamant that Dan would love the story so much.

Awesome episode all round - the car wash scene was really, really funny - though I was wondering if it would (and scared that it might) be as.... er... blatant as some movies. Like Wild Things... :shudder: Though by the sounds of it some people have already had similar thoughts, in great detail. :eek:

Also amusing was Alex's semi-disgust/total-confusion at the end of the games segment:

"Mario Galaxy????:confused:"

voideyez
09-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Voted: BEST EPISODE YET!

Ok, Alex, Jeff & Dan. Seriously- This episode is a soul sucking orb of raddness.
I was really into it, so much in fact- I forgot to eat my pizza!..
You guys really put your selfs out there, it was purely entertaining, In-depth, and emotional in a way that made me relate to the conversations really well.

I'm a big fan of Jeff. Just putting it out there in all its awkwardness, =p. Wish there were more ways to interact with you guys.

gi_josh
09-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Wish there were more ways to interact with you guys.

You mean like massages with happy endings?

heyseuss
09-13-2007, 11:40 PM
You mean like massages with happy endings?

Why did you go there? Do you realise what that says about you? You coulda said, ham radio, or messages in a bottle, or morse code or ... you get me.

heyseuss
09-13-2007, 11:42 PM

Watch it Steve, you'll give the girl carpal tunnel syndrome and she won't be able to 'click' anymore and visit the forums.

trsjeff
09-13-2007, 11:46 PM
I'm a big fan of Jeff. Just putting it out there in all its awkwardness, =p. Wish there were more ways to interact with you guys.

Thanks, man!

What other ways might there be? We're open to ideas. (except for the ideas from the disturbed minds that have already posted "suggestions") ;)

-Jeff

geekluv
09-13-2007, 11:48 PM
Thanks, man!

What other ways might there be? We're open to ideas. (except for the ideas from the disturbed minds that have already posted "suggestions") ;)

-Jeff

Are you seriously opening those floodgates?

heyseuss
09-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Thanks, man!

-Jeff

I think he wants your phone number dude.

Congrats on flexing in slo-mo btw, you probably never thought that would be caught on .. ,. couple charged devices.

heyseuss
09-13-2007, 11:57 PM
Are you seriously opening those floodgates?

I think he already did, during the carwash scene. There should have been a dehydration warning with this episode.

cool8man
09-14-2007, 12:00 AM
Jesus H. Christ. Alex & Dan watch The Shield already. Stop messing with poor Jeff's heart. The show is on DVD, it's not that hard to find. Take some time to watch it guys. It's only like 10-12 episodes a season. Do it for Jeff. Do it for TRS. Do it for yourselves so that you can watch the final season of The Shield as it airs on FX like you should already be planning to do.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/002-1347642-1457604?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=The+Shield&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go

I know how Jeff feels. I got my friend to watch The Shield in syndication on Spike. He loved the first two seasons and started watching the 3rd season, but he stopped when Spike started showing the episodes out of order. Now I'm worried he's going to catch a new episode on TV and get spoilered too. It's like trying to get someone to enjoy Star Wars as much as you when they are going into it already knowing that Darth Vader is Luke's father. It's not going to have the same emotional impact on them as someone who is going in not knowing anything.

spartan777
09-14-2007, 12:37 AM
well done articulating what makes WOW so great. the cowboys v indians analogy was excellent. I've always done everything to stay away from WOW, and that won't change, but now i understand what makes WOW so addicting and amazing.

thwackum
09-14-2007, 12:42 AM
I sympathise with Alex at the melting pot,

i almost got up, yelled "THIS IS ALL MY FAULT, ISN'T IT!!!" and started crying

jt112
09-14-2007, 12:43 AM
Trust me, she isn't the only one....

I second that honey. Jeff... please please for the sake of the female fanbase. Please wear more tank tops. It would be much appreciated.:p

serenity
09-14-2007, 01:08 AM
I think he already did, during the carwash scene. There should have been a dehydration warning with this episode.

QFT
Seriously. Jeff might have inched over Alex in my "I have a huge crush on.." category.
That was hot.

I don't know if it's been said already since I didn't read the whole thread but I was slightly disappointed the boys weren't in bikinis! Or at least Daisy Dukes. Isn't that the normal "car wash" scene attire? :P

oliviakay
09-14-2007, 01:08 AM
I second that honey. Jeff... please please for the sake of the female fanbase. Please wear more tank tops. It would be much appreciated.:p

Agreed.

geekluv
09-14-2007, 01:16 AM
QFT
Seriously. Jeff might have inched over Alex in my "I have a huge crush on.." category.
That was hot.

I don't know if it's been said already since I didn't read the whole thread but I was slightly disappointed the boys weren't in bikinis! Or at least Daisy Dukes. Isn't that the normal "car wash" scene attire? :P

Now I love me some TRS boys...and the tank top was hot but bikinis?...ummmm...not sure if any of us are ready for that!! :o

gi_josh
09-14-2007, 01:17 AM
Why did you go there? Do you realise what that says about you? You coulda said, ham radio, or messages in a bottle, or morse code or ... you get me.

I went there because it was funny. It says nothing about me except for my love for immature humour. Even Alex, in the last diggnation, made that "Head" joke about the prostitute with dentures. What does this say about YOU?
Watch it Steve, you'll give the girl carpal tunnel syndrome and she won't be able to 'click' anymore and visit the forums.

serenity
09-14-2007, 01:19 AM
Now I love me some TRS boys...and the tank top was hot but bikinis?...ummmm...not sure if any of us are ready for that!! :o

Would have been a hoot though!
Bring it on I say! I'm ready for anything. :D

mormonrage
09-14-2007, 01:32 AM
Thanks, man!

-Jeff
Once a month, TRS game night, hosted by...well, the hosts

Halo 3
Warhawk
Call of Duty 4
Team Fortress 2

Stuff like that.

geekluv
09-14-2007, 01:34 AM
Would have been a hoot though!
Bring it on I say! I'm ready for anything. :D

Episode 25: when the ladies blew up the forums :D

Hey Serenity, I just realized you're only about 4 hours from me!

serenity
09-14-2007, 01:39 AM
Episode 25: when the ladies blew up the forums :D

Hey Serenity, I just realized you're only about 4 hours from me!

Hmmm you anywhere near Tavares? My boyfriend and I have to go there to pick up my new puppy in a few months (she was just born. Yay!) so if you're close maybe we can grab some lunch. :D

geekluv
09-14-2007, 01:43 AM
Hmmm you anywhere near Tavares? My boyfriend and I have to go there to pick up my new puppy in a few months (she was just born. Yay!) so if you're close maybe we can grab some lunch. :D

I'm near Tampa...not sure where Tavares is.

heyseuss
09-14-2007, 02:23 AM
What does this say about YOU?

that I'm concerned for the health of olivia's wrist ?

serenity
09-14-2007, 02:32 AM
I'm near Tampa...not sure where Tavares is.

Aw, crap. Nowhere near Tampa. :(

It's 30 miles northwest of Orlando which is about 4 hours from us. I took a shot guessing at where you were. :)

yourestillmycaesar
09-14-2007, 03:06 AM
So when I watched TRS last night, I nearly had a heart attack... because Jeff was so sexy.

Damn.

Jeff... you're hot. And should always wear wife beaters.

irishpunk
09-14-2007, 03:24 AM
Flames on the side of my face.

Thank you for the wonderful Clue reference Jeff.

heyseuss
09-14-2007, 03:52 AM
Flames on the side of my face.

Thank you for the wonderful Clue reference Jeff.
"We've got a blind date with destiny. And it looks like she's ordered the lobster."-Mystery Men

When you start to doubt your powers . . . .

crzy8sal
09-14-2007, 06:19 AM
This episode was truly awesome. VERY funny. Especially the ending sequence. :D

What was the intro about though? Was Jeff supposed to be trying to pick up Alex or something? (Thanks for putting that idea into my head, btw;):cool:)

Also I have to give my thanks to the editor of this show, for including the awesome Jeff slow-mo car-wash flex.:o

heyseuss
09-14-2007, 06:25 AM
This episode was truly awesome. VERY funny. Especially the ending sequence. :D

What was the intro about though? Was Jeff supposed to be trying to pick up Alex or something? (Thanks for putting that idea into my head, btw;):cool:)

Also I have to give my thanks to the editor of this show, for including the awesome Jeff slow-mo car-wash flex.:o

the movie Groundhog Day. Bill Murray's character uses his waking up every day on the same say to gain info on how to seduce his boss, Andie McDowell's character. It actually goes far deeper than just learning what she likes to drink.

nancy taylor makes noises like a chipmunk when she's really excited.

heyseuss
09-14-2007, 06:47 AM
I actually have a little complaint about the Groundhog Day intro. Jeff, you didn't do the "bourbon, glass, ice" thing quite correctly. The joke in the movie is that the amount he displays with his fingers, is small for the glass, smaller for the ice, and biggest, when he says bourbon. I think he then asks for another one after that, "Can I get another one of these with some booze in it?".. iirc.

If it makes you feel any better. .. . I met Mr Walton Goggins in a parking lot, but, sadly, the only reason I recognised him, was from Major League III.... which was a bad movie, with good performances in it by him and Scott Bakula.

salty
09-14-2007, 09:04 AM
Damnit Dan, you almost quoted me directly :(

For everyone wondering, what Dan was trying to quote was from IRC, about a week ago.

He mentioned that Alex was sucked into WoW and probably wouldn't make an appearance in our IRC channel, and I offhandedly remarked that WoW was, "An interactive spreadsheet. With heroin."

God I hope he reads this.

gi_josh
09-14-2007, 12:19 PM
that I'm concerned for the health of olivia's wrist ?

haha :)

gi_josh
09-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Once a month, TRS game night, hosted by...well, the hosts

Halo 3
Warhawk
Call of Duty 4
Team Fortress 2

Stuff like that.

Another podcast I listen to (Team Fremont Live) has what they call "Fremont Fridays" where they nominate a few games every month to play, and then they distribute their gamertags and friend codes and every friday, whoever wants to can play. They usually have a playstation game, an xbox game, and a handheld game as well. Maybe we could get something like that started?

tnvwboy
09-14-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm totally down with TRS game nights...unfortunately I don't own any of the new consoles and that seems to be the focus, outside of WoW. When Unreal Tournament 3 comes out I'll be on there but the others...probably not.

magunwarrior
09-14-2007, 01:06 PM
This idea was proposed awhile ago, no one ever organized it.

irishpunk
09-14-2007, 01:45 PM
When you start to doubt your powers . . . .

You give power to your doubts!

Love Mystery Men

deegraww
09-14-2007, 01:47 PM
I bought a 360 live game card at the same time as my WoW game card I don't think i've even turned on my 360 since I got the WoW card :(

u17tw
09-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Great show guys!!! Gutted that Im all the way up here in Scotland and youre all going to London. Ah well.

harkon
09-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Was it only me, was anyone else reminded of the Wiggles when they saw Dan this week?

johninberkeley
09-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Dear Jeff,
After watching your reaction to Dan's spoiling of "The Shield" at Melting Pot, it was only then that i realized that the show might be worth checking out.

Before then, your mentioning the shield gave my sarcasm detection system gave me a faint reading. I really just didn't take you seriously, but to see that you were GENUINELY PISSED OFF at Dan, I immediately went out and picked up season 1.

Thank you...
Thank you...
Thank you...

I'm enjoying it completely, despite:
- Don't read/watch fiction (truth IS much stranger than)
- Don't own a TV, have not for 6 years.
- Can't stand American television.
- "Crime dramas" I hear about (CSI, CSI:SUV, Law and Order), the thought of watching those... ugh... I'd rather have bird flu.

Almost done with Season 1.

Jeff, you have opened my eyes, and if Dan didn't spoil it for himself, I would not have been a believer.

trsjeff
09-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Jeff, you have opened my eyes, and if Dan didn't spoil it for himself, I would not have been a believer.

Silver lining!

Thanks, John (now stay away from spoilers, you!)

-Jeff

dannyt
09-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Damnit Dan, you almost quoted me directly :(

For everyone wondering, what Dan was trying to quote was from IRC, about a week ago.

He mentioned that Alex was sucked into WoW and probably wouldn't make an appearance in our IRC channel, and I offhandedly remarked that WoW was, "An interactive spreadsheet. With heroin."

God I hope he reads this.

YES! That was it! Thanks for the gem salty, I'm sorry I effed up the great analogy...

d

drghoo
09-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Was it only me, was anyone else reminded of the Wiggles when they saw Dan this week?

Nice!
That's DannyT's new gig don't you know! And he's working on a cameo for Sesame Street! zOwie!

It's been really busy btwn work & home that I barely got to finish watching last night. And Dudes, friggin awesome!!!! I thought for sure fondue was gonna be flying. Jeff your the man! Wow, such passion. I feel your pain.
The second I saw the car wash segment begin, I immediately thought of Olivia and her brain exploding at the image! Strangely enough at the same time, I myself felt a little grossed out(no offense guys!) and paralyzed in fear of what I was watching! I still don't know what to make of that! A big sarcastic "Thanks alot" Steve! Hope it made you as uncomfortable as me when you were cutting that! That's it....NO MORE SOUP FOR YOU!!!!!

P.S.-Seriously if you guys need some audio help give me a holla! Jeff had dropped mic syndrome during the games segment!

gi_josh
09-14-2007, 07:40 PM
Silver lining!

Thanks, John (now stay away from spoilers, you!)

-Jeff

I'm pretty sure I saw the shield season one at Walmart for 20 bucks, i anyone is interested. That might have been a while back and they sale could have ended though, because Walmart.com says 40 bucks.....I'll check again next time I'm there. If its 20 bucks I'm totally picking it up now.

salty
09-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Dear Danny T:

No worries on effing up the analogy, it could have been worse.

rabidbadger
09-14-2007, 08:44 PM
So when I watched TRS last night, I nearly had a heart attack... because Jeff was so sexy.

Damn.

Jeff... you're hot. And should always wear wife beaters.

When I heard about this scene on chat I was gonna download it. Love the guys but the subject matter aint my cup of tea, so I rarely watch it.

But now you folks are saying there are clothes involved! Who the hell washes their car with clothes on...? Shheeesh!

brettville
09-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Holy crab cakes! I FINALLY had a chance to watch the last half of the show and guys...seriously, all four of you, are freakin' awesome. I couldn't stop laughing even though I had plenty of reason (read: need) to.

Highlights:

Jeff: Going mental over the shield
Alex: Using a stop sign to "calm down" your friends?!
Dan: Permahonk = classic
Steve: Fuh-Q = sheer brilliance!

Thanks again for a great week guys!

scoobydiesel
09-14-2007, 10:29 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw the shield season one at Walmart for 20 bucks, i anyone is interested. That might have been a while back and they sale could have ended though, because Walmart.com says 40 bucks.....I'll check again next time I'm there. If its 20 bucks I'm totally picking it up now.

For 20 bucks i will go buy it, I've heard so much about it(given basicly just from that one magical person) but 20 bucks for a box set cant really say no to that 0_0;

heyseuss
09-14-2007, 10:48 PM
Alex: Using a stop sign to "calm down" your friends?!

When he said "Oh wait what?, nothing happened, it was only out for a second", I cracked up.

cr4sh
09-15-2007, 12:05 AM
I think on thing Alex tries to say in most movie reviews that doesn't seem to ever come out clearly is: Not all movies have to be good to be enjoyed.

But then again, I enjoy alot of reallly bad movies.

Examples: The Core, Godzilla(even the one with Broderick), Independence Day, The Rambo Trilogy, The Terminator Trilogy, The Blade Trilogy, Aeon Flux, Ultraviolet, Van Helsing, various movies with Dwayne Johnson, the list goes on and on.

Okay, so maybe I just really enjoy bad movies. Now I'm going to go finish Night of the Lepus.

buenosdias
09-15-2007, 02:59 AM
I will have to say that the articulation of all during this episode was very accurate considering the topic. Shoot em' up was the most terrible form of filmmaking I have seen since Date Movie. I literally finished that one just to see if I could watch something that horrible all the way through.

Now I am gonna go mow down some alliance in 20-29 BG's with my twink rogue. Peace

heyseuss
09-15-2007, 03:29 AM
I will have to say that the articulation of all during this episode was very accurate considering the topic.

:eek: Sometimes I say some weird stuff, and typos happen, and english isn't everyones first language .. but WTF ? I got my crack pipe right here and I still don't get what you said.

Now I am gonna go mow down some alliance in 20-29 BG's with my twink rogue. Peace

Again. Slightly easier to understand, but I see the word 'twink' and am less interested in comprehending what you said. Are you a bear? Why'd I ask that?

rabidbadger
09-15-2007, 03:35 AM
:eek:...? Why'd I ask that?

'cause you and me been on chat, stud puppy! I inspite such nastyness.

heyseuss
09-15-2007, 03:59 AM
'cause you and me been on chat, stud puppy! I inspite such nastyness.

Ahh! You found me and the word 'twink' in the same thread. ... AGAIN.

stubadub
09-15-2007, 04:15 AM
I think on thing Alex tries to say in most movie reviews that doesn't seem to ever come out clearly is: Not all movies have to be good to be enjoyed.

Examples: The Core, Godzilla(even the one with Broderick), Independence Day, The Rambo Trilogy, The Terminator Trilogy, The Blade Trilogy, Aeon Flux, Ultraviolet, Van Helsing, various movies with Dwayne Johnson, the list goes on and on.

Okay, so maybe I just really enjoy bad movies. Now I'm going to go finish Night of the Lepus.

I would in no way place the first two Terminator's in a list of bad movies, nor the second Blade movie (though I'm sure more people would pace that one in the bad list than would the first two terminators).

buenosdias
09-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Sometimes I say some weird stuff, and typos happen, and english isn't everyones first language .. but WTF ? I got my crack pipe right here and I still don't get what you said.

Let me break it down for you real quick. I meant that everyones take on "shoot em' up" was right on. If my stunningly sized lexicon is too much for you to handle then maybe you should downgrade to a milder narcotic. To make it easier I have supplied a small glossary for my post in the event that someone was confused again.

Twink: (n), A World of Warcraft character that is disproportionately geared in comparison to those in the same level bracket. Epic in comparison to others basically.

Articulate: (adj.), Expressed, formulated, or presented with clarity and effectiveness.

Lexicon: (n), The vocabulary of a particular language, field, social class, person, etc.

jigglebilly
09-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Im so glad you guys are covering Tabula Rasa!!! Richard Garriott is my hero (kevin rose, dont feel lonely youre not far behind)

2er0ko0l
09-15-2007, 04:39 PM
great new show...i wasnt to excited about "Shoot 'em up" but i was planning on seeing it...im glad i didnt after watchig this

snoogans37
09-15-2007, 08:57 PM

Who in their right mind would consider the Terminator films (even the 3rd one, though I know I'm gonna get shit for that) bad movies?

zebracakes
09-16-2007, 07:07 AM
Shoot em' up was the most terrible form of filmmaking I have seen since Date Movie. I literally finished that one just to see if I could watch something that horrible all the way through.

You, my friend, have obviously not seen dragon wars. Thank god i watch movies for free.

klwinters
09-16-2007, 10:20 AM
I was fine with the guys not liking it, I wasn't going to comment about the fact I disagreed with their point of view. However, then they started talking about Kung Fu Hustle. For the love of God, hearing the name of that movie makes my skin crawl. That thing was Horrible!

Ok, I cant let this pass. Kung Fu Hustle is an awesome movie and amazingly well made. End of story, and don't even try to argue.

milamber_cubed
09-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Ok, I cant let this pass. Kung Fu Hustle is an awesome movie and amazingly well made. End of story, and don't even try to argue.

Turns out he was thinking of Kung Pow... makes a lot more sense now, doesn't it?

In case you don't know about the movie or you want some pain: http://youtube.com/watch?v=EKOhP4iCegw

klwinters
09-16-2007, 11:00 AM
I didn't read his later posts before I wrote that. Yes, Kung Pow is a terrible movie. I liked it when it first came out, but then I watched it again years later and wondered why i ever liked it in the first place.

masherscf
09-16-2007, 12:38 PM
"Shaolin Soccer" anyone?

buenosdias
09-16-2007, 02:56 PM
You, my friend, have obviously not seen dragon wars. Thank god i watch movies for free.

I saw the trailer for this movie off of a DIGG post and I actually vomited in my mouth. I wonder why someone approved the pitch for this piece of **** movie anyway.

For the record, Kung Fu Hustle > Shaolin Soccer.

prime
09-16-2007, 11:19 PM

YES! I had some serious audio lag issues. But then again, I stream it with WPA encryption from my laptop to my 360. so the audio stream has quite the journey: laptop, to router, to 360, to receiver, to speakers. BUT, never had the problem before. I'll check my connections!

Great show as usual, though. :p

The opening cracked me up...I didn't know anyone else loved that movie enough (as much as me) to parody it. Awesome.

calvinslug
09-17-2007, 12:15 AM
Alex - I live in Upper NW DC and I know the stop sign you molested. It has never been the same. It cries all day long.

drghoo
09-17-2007, 09:35 PM
YES! I had some serious audio lag issues. But then again, I stream it with WPA encryption from my laptop to my 360. so the audio stream has quite the journey: laptop, to router, to 360, to receiver, to speakers. BUT, never had the problem before. I'll check my connections!

Great show as usual, though. :p

The opening cracked me up...I didn't know anyone else loved that movie enough (as much as me) to parody it. Awesome.

Hey prime, any problems with file recognition on the 360 when you're trying to stream it?

prime
09-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Hey prime, any problems with file recognition on the 360 when you're trying to stream it?

No. I always download the large .wmv file. so usually no problem with file recognition.

I watched it again to get a little more information. The opening GroundHog Day sequence is synced perfectly. It gets off-sync (I'd say by 1-2 seconds) very early on into the movie review section and stays that way until about minute 40, where it syncs back up again. My experience seems to coincide with another poster who basically said the same thing. Not sure if he was streaming the video, though.

berkough
09-19-2007, 01:32 PM
First things first... Groundhog Day is classic! One of my all time favorite movies;

"Ned?!? Ned Ryerson!"

*PUNCH*

Anyway...

I don't know if I can top Alex's run in with the law, but I've had a few experiences that's for sure. Thought I might share one instance in particular with everyone.

So all of my friends who were on Stage Crew in high school had just gotten done working on a production we did of "Annie", so we organized a late night bon fire at Sunset Beach (right before you get to Bolsa on PCH going from Long Beach to HB, there's that Jack in the Box at the light). So we did it up right.

All of us are underage, but somehow we managed to score 2 cases of Corona, two bottles of Captin Morgan, and something like a quarter sack of some dankity dank chronic... That's just how we do it in the LBC. So we get all setup, dug a pit for the fire (quite illegal since Bolsa has designated fire pits, Sunset does not), dug a pit by a lifeguard tower which we then filled up with ice and covered with a sand-colored blanked to stash the booze, smoked a blunt or two and started drinking. It's after 10pm, we have an open fire going and we're drinking Coronas (bottles... glass containers of course) and we're smoking some more weed, not that I would condone drug use (but just ignore my avatar if you really don't want to see the hypocrisy in that statement). I'm blown out of my mind having a great time listening to the waves, watching the fire. Some great conversation going on, everyone is with the homies. We're all in good company.

So I look off into the distance and I see what looks like a truck driving on the beach. I couldn't say anything because I was way too stoned to, and way to fascinated by what it was that was coming toward us... Some more people out to party? Well that's when the spot light from the side of the vehicle illuminated and started to shine on us. Everyone starts freaking out, trying to ditch things... "****! It's the cops!" But we decide to just play it cool, one of my friends decides it's a good idea to try to put the cap back on his Corona and sit on it, another tries to put the fire out with some Rum... Well the surfer-coat pulls up. Gets out. Shines his flashlight on us. The fist person he decides to shine in the face is me.

"So... Where's the weed at?"

"Honestly officer... I wouldn't know. But if I had some right now I'd be rolling a joint, you're kinda killin the moment here."

Pretty much, we broke every rule except for having a dog off leash. There's a big sign when you walk from the parking area out onto the beach;

Beach Hours: 7am-10pm. No Glass Containers. No Alcohol. No Open Fires. No Dogs Off Leash.

"So what are you guys doing out here huh?"

"Just hanging out... Yeah just sorta hanging out."

"Well what's that?"

He shines the light on my friend, illuminating a half exposed, and still half full Corona bottle. Then he shines the light up toward the guard tower exposing one of the empty Corona boxes that was conveniently (for the cop anyway) sitting at the top of the tower. Everyone is kind of under their breath cursing my buddy out... "Damnit man, why'd you throw the box on TOP of the guard tower?" So the cop looks at us, we're not really causing any trouble, so he says to us;

"Alright, someone go over, get that box, I want you guys to clean up the area and get out of here."

Well my buddy D, who had just gotten there and didn't see where we stashed the drinks offers to go to the tower and grab the box. As he's walking over there he steps in to the pit (not seeing it because it was cleverly disguised by your's truly), and all of a sudden *CLINK-CLINK*. The cop turns and shines the light on on him.

"What was that?!?!"

He goes over and uncovers the rest of the booze we had, which we still had at least a case left. So he gets a couple more of the people that were there with us to help him load up the beer into his cruiser. I'm still sitting in the sand indian-style just high as a kite watching all of this go down. My homie Ernesto decides to stand up and take the wrap for the whole thing. So the Cop is writing a ticket out for Ernesto when Ernesto gets a call from another one of our homies who couldn't find us, and was bringing more beer.

"Nah man, just go home, it's already getting broken up, the pigs are here."

Right in front of the cop... So we get the fire put out, grab all the garbage, we getting ready to leave and Ernesto is looking at the ticket...

"He didn't write me up for the alcohol."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, it just says being on the beach after-hours."

"****ing-eh... We just got jacked."

kwok_talk
09-19-2007, 04:05 PM
"Shaolin Soccer" anyone?

Just as great. Iím a bit more partial to Kung Fu Hustle b/c a friend of mine learned the Ax Gang dance routine at the beginning.

mier
09-19-2007, 08:15 PM
*Deleted wrong spot*