Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > Social Brew

Old 06-06-2008, 04:28 PM
jlouderb
CEO

Default Social Brew is Cancelled

First let me apologize to everyone who had developed an attachment to Social Brew. This news will come as a shock, but unfortunately I've made the decision to cancel the show.

Why? From where I sit, it just wasn't working. It wasn't the hosts, it wasn't the producer and it wasn't the execution. It just didn't come together, and I really think the concept was flawed from the outset - and that's 100% my fault.

Behind the scenes the team worked extremely hard to try to pull it off. We went through a number of pilots, tried out a number of hosts, but in the end it just didn't have that certain something that would make Social Brew into a big, popular show - the kind that we need to have on Revision3.

So please accept my apology, and understand that this is a natural part of the evolution of a television network. We're going to try a lot of stuff, and not everything will be successful. It's important that we realize it early, and move on.

That's what we did.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to air them here, and I hope you'll continue to enjoy our slate of other shows.

jim
Old 06-06-2008, 04:31 PM
masherscf
Big Daddy Mod

Thanks for the heads-up.

Tali: I have a shotgun, you know.

- Dialogue from Mass Effect 2

Old 06-06-2008, 04:34 PM
crobarian

That sucks. I was really starting to enjoy it.

Thanks for the word finally but I wish it had come yesterday instead of almost 24 hours since the next show was supposed to be released. I think y'all need to look into a better way of getting word out to your viewers for late releases or cancellations.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:37 PM
travislopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by crobarian View Post
That sucks. I was really starting to enjoy it.

Thanks for the word finally but I wish it had come yesterday instead of almost 24 hours since the next show was supposed to be released. I think y'all need to look into a better way of getting word out to your viewers for late releases or cancellations.
I agree. I'm glad that we know this (and glad that the show is cancelled...it did pretty much suck), but it would have been nice knowing this yesterday between the show not coming out and Neha being fired.

Do you digg it?

Last edited by travislopes : 06-06-2008 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Added digg story link.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:55 PM
mrpopular
Elite Member

Thanks for giving us an official word.. Like ^ said it would have been better 24 hours ago. But I don't think there's any need for apologies we are human and understand when things happen. Don't feel like you can speak out to the fans, many of us thrive on connection & knowing what & how Rev3 is doing, it's the unique 1on1 bond with the Rev3 community that will set you apart. So continue to share with us...

it's sad to see a show go, But it's good to see you noticed the lack connection the show had.

Keep up the hard work.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:02 PM
nathan79

Overall, I think Jim handled the situation in a stand up way. It's too bad about the theme song, though...
Old 06-06-2008, 05:37 PM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

Its a shame about the show being cancelled. Its a fact of life that not everything works out though.

... but ...

(and I hope you noticed it was a big but)

Please, please, please, please, please put the Miss M segments into popSiren ... release them as pop bites if need be. Her deadpan delivery is perfect.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:10 PM
jazgalaxy

I have to say I really liked the show. I think the hosts and the format were great. I think the content was just a little odd.

As I wrote in a letter to Rev3 after the first showed aired, I would really LOVE too see the hosts and content rolled into TechZilla (which is lacking the content and charisma needed to make it a true ScreenSavers legacy show.)

The two shows were good by themselves... they'd be awesome together.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:47 PM
bonsai

Default Social Brew canceled, good decision

Thanks for the heads-up Jim. I guess the delays were additional pilot attempts to try out other hosts/formats etc to rescue the show.

As I've posted before, even to my untrained eye, the on-set awkwardness was extremely palpable--painful actually.

I think the only valid criticism here is lack of notification and communication with your audience. Heck, even the major networks are being more open these days about "re-tooling" attempts for shows. Remember "Men Behaving Badly" and "Joey" on NBC? As an ex-AMSer you know lack of timely notifications for delays or halts on deliverables just isn't acceptable for any professional endeavor.

Eh, "ddos happens", and it's still good to see Rev3 taking risks with demographic targets and formats. You're still in start-up mode and taking risks is what start-ups do.

Best of luck moving forward and congrats on the Epic-Fu acquisition.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:50 PM
rokov
Elite Member

Damn, I was just starting to like SB. Oh well, it probably wouldn't have been quite as good without Neha and this does free up Moujan for other projects. (hint .. hint )