Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Scam School

Old 08-07-2008, 04:02 PM
travislopes

Default Episode 21 - Clever Match Trick Scores Free Drinks [Discussion]

All you need is a match, two pint glasses and a quarter, and you'll be drinking free all night!

Watch and download this episode of Scam School here.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:06 PM
mad23dog

I love the show but I am not too crazy about all of the match tricks and scams. Just my two cents.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:27 PM
djtaco

If the tip only has to have contact to the one glass to not "trip the alarm", I was thinking you could push the glass with the tip to the edge of the table enough to fish out the money.

Once said money is in hand, hold the match and drag the glass back with match and reset.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:36 PM
shwooddotcom
Scammaster General

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad23dog View Post
I love the show but I am not too crazy about all of the match tricks and scams. Just my two cents.
Yeah, there's been a bunch of match-related stuff all in a row. I think that's the last one for a while, though.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:37 PM
shwooddotcom
Scammaster General

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtaco View Post
If the tip only has to have contact to the one glass to not "trip the alarm", I was thinking you could push the glass with the tip to the edge of the table enough to fish out the money.

Once said money is in hand, hold the match and drag the glass back with match and reset.
That's kinda the allure: you want the sucker thinking in terms of pushing items around together... and then the real solution comes out of left field.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:54 PM
standardsdt

I noticed in the show notes that you say to have not only a match and two pint glasses but also a quarter. What is the quarter used for?

I didn't see you set it up with the glasses, but then later on I heard it get knocked off when you were setting back up the glasses and "alarm" to demonstrate how it was done.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:06 PM
xibalba
Elite Member

I am guessing the quarter is for an option of something to use and try.

Last edited by xibalba : 08-07-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:14 PM
mrpopular
Elite Member

Another Great Episode, Totally a trick I'll have to try @ home 1st and get good @ it before I take it 2 the bar..

Totally random but Brian do you ever get any heat from anybody when you reveal a "trick".. I was reminded of that show back in the late 90's called Breaking the Magician's Code: Magic's Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed

On Another Side Note: Over the weekend I got a ton of footage @ the bar doing tricks/scams to a big group of friends.... The only problem being at the bar at night, it was really dark, I'm gonna try and clean it up before posting.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:29 PM
shwooddotcom
Scammaster General

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPopular View Post
Totally random but Brian do you ever get any heat from anybody when you reveal a "trick".. I was reminded of that show back in the late 90's called Breaking the Magician's Code: Magic's Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed
So far, no heat from the magic folks. In fact, iTricks.com and magicnewswire.com have been VERY supportive of the show. I think there's a different mentality among magicians saavy to the current state of magic on the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPopular View Post
On Another Side Note: Over the weekend I got a ton of footage @ the bar doing tricks/scams to a big group of friends.... The only problem being at the bar at night, it was really dark, I'm gonna try and clean it up before posting.
Awesome! Get those up ASAP. I'd love to start featuring user submitted vids in future eps of scam school.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:10 PM
hellhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwooddotcom View Post
That's kinda the allure: you want the sucker thinking in terms of pushing items around together... and then the real solution comes out of left field.
sorry.. but I guessed right away that it probably had to do w/ lighting the match as a large % of the tricks do.... but I didnt know if to let the match completely burn, etc... also it sounded on the setup (to me at least) that the "alarm" would sound if the match disconnected from the 2 glasses (just a thought about clarification of the setup).
I'm guessing that you need a completely fresh dry "vault" glass for this or am I wrong... not many bartenders wanna give out clean empty glasses... and asking for one might impede the idea that UR using stuff laying around instead of a possible "setup" glass. Moisture will condense on the outside of a freshly drank glass... will the microscopic moisture help in the fusion of the match or hurt? Also.. any residual damage to the glass (should you look for thicker or thinner glasses?