Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Scam School

Old 05-07-2009, 03:27 PM
chuckles

Lightbulb Episode 60 - Get lucky, ridiculously lucky with two new card tricks!

If you're comfortable with taking a little risk for a chance at a HUGE reward, you're going to love this week's episode.

Watch and download here.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:30 PM
sorryawkward

Too lazy to do the exact calcuations but given one card there is ~2/13 that the second card would be on either side or next to the card. And you have 4 chances at it. So assuming dependency its like ~8/13.
Actually, its greater than 8/13 (61%) because a deck of card is based on dependency of the previous occurences in the deck. So your next chance becomes better than the previous. i think. Too lazy to do the set calculations.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:51 PM
frankiethewaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorryawkward View Post
Too lazy to do the exact calcuations but given one card there is ~2/13 that the second card would be on either side or next to the card. And you have 4 chances at it. So assuming dependency its like ~8/13.
Actually, its greater than 8/13 (61%) because a deck of card is based on dependency of the previous occurences in the deck. So your next chance becomes better than the previous. i think. Too lazy to do the set calculations.
Uh, ok. Your are not my neighbor are you? I don't want to be living next to you when you go off.

Anyway, it is going to be fun trying these.

Brian mentioned that he doesn't know why the 9 of Diamonds is never picked. The only thing I can come up with is that the Diamonds make up, somewhat of an X, like crossing it out subconsciously . It has to be red because of the only one black card part. It has to be Diamonds as opposed to hearts because the straight lines help the image of an "X". Just a theory. It kinda falls apart if you consider the "X marks the spot" thing. Then again, that could be another reason people avoid it, as it would be too obvious. Good show.

Last edited by frankiethewaffle : 05-07-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:14 PM
mrpopular
Elite Member

Both Tricks are so great.

Except the 1st trick is kinda a one trick pony. where as the second scam you can do over and over again.

As for what they said previously about the 9 of diamonds. The only thing I can think of is that the 9 of Diamonds is to cluttered. 4 of hearts is clean.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:56 PM
nicktack

Default Red card

I think the main reason why they dont pick the nine is that it is on the side, most people pick the second or the fourth card and because one of those is the only black card they don't pick that one.

What i do when i do this trick is i take a red four and put it with the other cards that are blue.
When the spectator has a card in his mind i ask him to turn it over. At first they don't know what is going on but then i turn over the other cards one by one and thay freak out.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:52 PM
bgappleguy

Default guests

anyone else recognize all those people from previous episodes? sort of like scam school alumni day!

~The Apple will forever be superior to the PC (422)
Old 05-07-2009, 11:51 PM
frankiethewaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgappleguy View Post
anyone else recognize all those people from previous episodes? sort of like scam school alumni day!
Yeah most are part of the Digg.com squad or the Rev3 crew. Doesn't make this a set up, just easier to convince them to take part.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:06 AM
guytheninja
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTack View Post
I think the main reason why they dont pick the nine is that it is on the side, most people pick the second or the fourth card and because one of those is the only black card they don't pick that one.

What i do when i do this trick is i take a red four and put it with the other cards that are blue.
When the spectator has a card in his mind i ask him to turn it over. At first they don't know what is going on but then i turn over the other cards one by one and thay freak out.
For some reason I went with the King of Hearts. I figured that the three cards in the middle had a higher likelihood of being chosen than the ones on the edges. I agree that the number 9 is a sorry number, so I went with the king.

Also, I'm not a fan of the number 4. I like 3 7 and 10, but I don't like 4 6 and 9.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:35 AM
uziq

Thumbs up

I tried it on two people so far. They both picked the 4 of hearts.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:55 AM
travislopes

I've tried it on two people so far.

And if all went well, I'd have a success story here. But neither of them chose the 4 of hearts.