Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Totally Rad Show

Old 07-08-2009, 04:03 PM
satori
Elite Member

Default Random Thoughts

I've been trying to work out for a while why we never started a Random Thoughts thread in the TRS forum. It worked so well on helping to build & Maintain the community on the old Geekdrome forum. I'm hoping it'll work here as well. Basically the idea is that we can post random crap here that doesn't deserve it's own thread. The key here though is to keep the stuff clean so as not to make it a headache for our mods.

Having said that the thing I wanted to share was that in Japan someone has built a 60 foot tall Gundam Warrior... freakin awesome!!! Sure the Gundam game that was launched with the PS3 was total crap, but Gundams are such a great concept
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8139218.stm

Old 07-08-2009, 06:01 PM
joeyrock

This is the perfect thread for this.... http://www.oneandother.co.uk/ #oneandother

Totally random.. every hour a new person is put up on the 4th empty plinth in Trafalgar square. It's live 24/7 for the next 97 days! It's like Big Brother for arty types and twitter users. I've found I can't turn it off for fear that something might happen... like nudity
So far no nudity. There has been a weird woman (they are all weird) dressed as Britannia, a man who seemed to have a nervous breakdown in his 60 minutes by shouting out the names of everyone he knew.. a ranting ventriloquist who made no attempt to "ventrioquise".. a right wing northern old bat who was a teacher who decided it was a good idea to lecture stupid 'youth' culture. The woman who's just leaving now built a house out of cards on the plinth... which she got inside. It's quite high up, they need a cherry picker to get people on a off, so it's pretty amusing when all their stuff they bring gets blown off by the wind..

Last edited by joeyrock : 07-08-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:22 PM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

Heard about the onedandother project on the BBC world news yesterday.

Has anyone gone up dressed as a giant pigeon with a miniature Lord Nelson on his shoulder yet?

Last edited by tokenuser : 07-08-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:34 PM
joeyrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenuser View Post
Heard about the onedandanother project on the BBC world news yesterday.

Has anyone gone up dressed as a giant pigeon with a miniature Lord Nelson on his shoulder yet?
Unfortunately there hasn't been anyone that creative. They've all been arty types so far
Old 07-08-2009, 08:03 PM
satori
Elite Member

That sounds like a great idea, wish I had the time to do it.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:04 PM
scoobydiesel
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to scoobydiesel Send a message via MSN to scoobydiesel Send a message via Yahoo to scoobydiesel Send a message via Skype™ to scoobydiesel

I want a giant ass robot....
Old 07-08-2009, 10:09 PM
tuxotaku

Send a message via AIM to tuxotaku Send a message via MSN to tuxotaku Send a message via Skype™ to tuxotaku

awesome idea satori! I hope I'm not out of line with this thread by doing a little self-promotion.

See, the last little while, in case some of you don't know, I've been doing these little weekly playlists through Grooveshark and my blog, and I'd really like it if you all could give 'em a listen.

I post new playlists every Friday, and they're almost always an eclectic (seemingly random at times) mix of songs, as my taste in music is quite broad. So you're bound to find something new and interesting to listen to every week. Sometimes I might do themed playlists, but more often than not, they're just a list of songs that happened to be running through my head that week.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:03 AM
satori
Elite Member

cool, you still running that shoutcast server? do you end up running the play lists on there?

In other news, anyone else seen the unofficial trailer for Day One? It looks damn cool... kind of like a cross between Lost and Resistance: Fall of Man
http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/07/video...e-trailer.html
don't know how long they'll keep the link up before NBC takes them down.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:35 AM
heyseuss
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by satori View Post
I've been trying to work out for a while why we never started a Random Thoughts thread in the TRS forum. It worked so well on helping to build & Maintain the community on the old Geekdrome forum. I'm hoping it'll work here as well. Basically the idea is that we can post random crap here that doesn't deserve it's own thread. The key here though is to keep the stuff clean so as not to make it a headache for our mods.

Having said that the thing I wanted to share was that in Japan someone has built a 60 foot tall Gundam Warrior... freakin awesome!!! Sure the Gundam game that was launched with the PS3 was total crap, but Gundams are such a great concept
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8139218.stm

YOu need to find the pics of it with lights coming out of it's face at night.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:41 AM
scoobydiesel
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to scoobydiesel Send a message via MSN to scoobydiesel Send a message via Yahoo to scoobydiesel Send a message via Skype™ to scoobydiesel

I post random videos of me cooking on my youtube page....