Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > AppJudgment

Old 08-10-2009, 03:24 PM
shaitheatery

Default Windows Mobile apps going to make any appearance?

It seems like rev 3 has some sort of pregidous against windows mobile. i saw the advert for this new show on the new episode of the digg real, and they mentioned every platform except windows mobile. there are lots of people out there that chose not to get an iphone, are we going to see any winmo love?
Old 08-10-2009, 06:39 PM
tritium

honestly, this points out the instant failure of the show. If you make a show dedicated to talking about all the apps for mobil devices... well... there are cell phones that run vista (at least there were), are they going to cover MS office? No. Its an iPhone show, but they dont want to be called out on being apple biggots
Old 08-10-2009, 07:02 PM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
honestly, this points out the instant failure of the show. If you make a show dedicated to talking about all the apps for mobil devices... well... there are cell phones that run vista (at least there were), are they going to cover MS office? No. Its an iPhone show, but they dont want to be called out on being apple biggots
And where did you get that its "an iPhone show" from?

Android is getting some loving on Friday.

Geez. One episode and already people are trying to categorize the show. Give it a couple of weeks before passing judgment.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:44 PM
whitney391

Default Show WM some love!

I too would be interested in Windows Mobile Apps. I have a lot of respect for the other platforms but my heart is with Windows Phones. Please consider adding this especially as Microsoft's app store is released!
Old 08-10-2009, 10:16 PM
myketuna

I think that for that in the group photo they have, there should be more phones than just iPhones. I understand that those are probably their actual phones, but now everyone thinks that this is an iPhone show at first glance and thus come here and start worrying.

Otherwise, the show is pretty cool.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:58 PM
nextgenxbox
Elite Member

It isn't an iphone only show. Honestly it's like people are complaining without watching the show. Patrick mentioned at the start that they would cover iphone, blackberry, android, pre, etc.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:20 AM
deadkenndys1105

Quote:
Originally Posted by myketuna View Post
I think that for that in the group photo they have, there should be more phones than just iPhones. I understand that those are probably their actual phones, but now everyone thinks that this is an iPhone show at first glance and thus come here and start worrying.

Otherwise, the show is pretty cool.
Well thats not entirely true. There is 1 G1 in the picture. Give it some time before judging it though.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:42 AM
sbeamon

I as well would like to see Windows Mobile Apps discussed...and to all those haters out there...the Windows Mobile OS is still a major force to be reckoned with and quite possibly the easiest platform to develop for...and without the need for approval from Big Brother Apple!

Last edited by SBeamon : 08-11-2009 at 05:43 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:37 AM
amr

I also agree. The show looks good, but there is no mention of Windows Mobile applications. Granted there is no app store yet, but atleast mention that they would review some manual downloadable apps.

I fear Rev3 is just making another show just based on what they have got being used around the office. I am sure someone in the office must have a WinMo device that they constantly use. If not, then when you are next recruiting, hire some people who aren't just iphone followers.

I am trying to better the show not hate on it btw.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:41 PM
empty3000

Default Agreed!

Agreed! I think windows mobile is misunderstood by many and most people who have it don't realize all the amazing things you can do with it! I would love AppJudgment to cover Windows mobile applications.

Thanks for working on new shows though! It is great to see!