Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Archived Shows > Diggnation

Old 04-14-2011, 11:58 PM
radcow

Smile predictions for the next 20 years

predictions for the next 20 years

I'm looking forward to seeing what people write
Old 04-16-2011, 01:16 AM
terminator69

Rev3 will be dead. They don't have enough growth to have any sustainability.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:14 AM
poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator69 View Post
Rev3 will be dead. They don't have enough growth to have any sustainability.

He said "20 years".

I doubt Rev3 will even hold on for another 5.

We've all seen plenty of shows come and go around here in which during the last episode or two it was hinted at heavily by the hosts/talent that Rev3 doesn't pay sh*t for these shows. Some of those were popular....some not so much...but it's been alluded to numerous times.

Between that and some of the questionable content Rev3 chooses.....well I would have to agree it's not sustainable. The profit margins must be extremely slim to begin with and it appears only a hand full of the Rev3 talent are making fair money.....and those shows are the "grandfathered in" types around here. Diggnation, TRS, Tekzilla, etc.

I would like to see Rev3 take the time and invest in another show that's sustainable over a longer term like the one's mentioned.....pay the talent more for one quality show instead of paying less for 5 crappy shows that will have their 15 minutes and get cancelled anyways. We've lost some good shows around here because of the Rev3 model....and we've seen shows that (somewhat obviously) never should have been brought on board to begin with because of that too.

I suppose "quality" is subjective......but I think most people would get my point.

Last edited by poop : 04-17-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:51 AM
crabcakes

I could see Rev3 getting sold in the next few years for a nice, hefty amount to some huge company like AOL. Over time, hosts might leave to do new things and Rev3, whether it maintains its name or not, would still be practically the same model it is now but with a different lineup of new shows.

Diggnation still has at least 5 good years left if Kevin and Alex are still having fun and want to do it. Same with TRS and a few other shows, while Tekzilla seems like it could be a more lasting brand name and go on forever.

Last edited by crabcakes : 04-26-2011 at 05:51 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:56 AM
bb4034

Question

In 20 years they'll both be over the hill and I can pretty much guarantee you that everyone current would have "sold out" long before then. Unfortunately I see too many producers turning into accountants (and that goes for many types of outlets.) Also by then the "lost generation" will have matured and predicting *anything* by then will take no less than _significant_ skill.

Many people don't see the web 2.0 bubble already being popped. I can't foresee Rev3 being different enough to escape the hard gnashes ahead. Interesting times await you and me.

Watch this space.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:20 PM
bobv13

We are on the dawn of the second Dark Age. After the world economy collapses most currency will be worthless and what money is left after taxes will be devalued even further through inflation. Gold will once again become the monetary standard but bartering replace everyday transactions. Of course the will be the bit coin. Oh yes and Austrian Economics will be taught in what elementary still exist.

If you think health care is expensive now, just wait until it's free.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:18 PM
amon91

Send a message via MSN to amon91

Oh, come on, get real. 2010 was Rev3's first profitable year and they're breaking records every year, viewership records. Once the Web 2.0 bubble pops, Revision3 will likely take a hit just like any other company, but let's not forget it's gone through terribly uncertain times before: remember when the recession hit 3 years ago? Rev3 has managed to weather it rather well despite a smaller in-house production budget, but revenues kept climbing.

Of course Rev3 as it is today won't be around in 20 years, but it could it some other form. As of now however, there are no signs of business slowing down. Honestly, I trust Jim, he's thought-out and careful, like him or not.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:08 AM
crabcakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabcakes View Post
I could see Rev3 getting sold in the next few years for a nice, hefty amount to some huge company like AOL. Over time, hosts might leave to do new things and Rev3, whether it maintains its name or not, would still be practically the same model it is now but with a different lineup of new shows.

Diggnation still has at least 5 good years left if Kevin and Alex are still having fun and want to do it. Same with TRS and a few other shows, while Tekzilla seems like it could be a more lasting brand name and go on forever.
Wow I was kind of right. Rev3 sold to a big company. Wrong in that Diggnation and TRS are done

Last edited by crabcakes : 11-28-2012 at 06:08 AM.