Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Computing > Apple / OS X

Old 10-05-2011, 11:54 PM
daikun

Unhappy R.I.P. Steve Jobs

The founder of Apple has passed away following a battle of pancreatic cancer.

Last edited by daikun : 10-06-2011 at 01:44 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:16 PM
justpeon

Hope he meets all the retired people on a limited pension, he brainwashed into getting $2000 computers when a $500 computer would have done just fine.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:24 PM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

Wow. Always bitter ... no matter who you are.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:49 PM
justpeon

Feel for the man passing away, No one should have to go through what he did, but he was anything but a saint. I do very much feel for the employees (and their families) of Apple. In any case, the Apple empire does not glossy over my eyes. Hope you get some advise from someone wiser than yourself.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:57 PM
klitzy
Elite Member

Send a message via AIM to klitzy Send a message via Skype™ to klitzy

Haters gon' hate.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:11 AM
hellhound

Maybe now that the book he authorized is out and the "dont speak bad of the (recently) dead" tradition can be over... some truths can be spoken and the weepy idol worshippers will admit that, while he had a great eye for design... he really was/acted like, a dick most of the time
Old 10-28-2011, 12:00 AM
mikec
Elite Member

Wow, the fact Jobs was an ass is news??? I think anyone who was into technology for at least the last 10+ years would have heard the stories about Mr Jobs.

Quote:
Hope he meets all the retired people on a limited pension, he brainwashed into getting $2000 computers when a $500 computer would have done just fine.
You do realize that cost sometimes encompasses more than purchase price. Having down time due to viruses or hardware issues that can cause a person to waste time and their money as well.

BTW, this post was written on a rather inexpensive Dell machine bought at a big box store.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:35 PM
justpeon

Hate to break the news to you but there are operating systems besides the ones from Apple and Microsoft. Those same systems are not generally subject to the security issues of Apple and Microsoft have. I will say this that MS tried to make a low end os around the time of XP, but it was a joke, You would have been better off with dos and win 3.x. I was a tech for many many years. Had more problems with Mac than with my favorite operating system. No os is exempt from issues. I just do not want to pay extra for that privilege nor should anyone else. Shame you were not around when Dell had all the trouble with bad caps and hard drives. I swapped out so many of them. ironically, the old Optiplex Dells still chug along. Glad you have a new dhelli (reference to india) computer. Wait till the warranty goes out, You will see what I mean.

By the way, this was written on an old white box hand me down system with donated spare parts from other machines. I can even see real videos also. New computers have so many specialized parts that you still have the issues of getting replacements. Where can you get a replacement MB for a Dell off the shelf? Bet that big box store does not carry them except for under warranty replacement usually
Old 04-12-2012, 09:10 PM
josefhu15

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpeon View Post
someones just mad he couldn't afford a Mac.

Last edited by josefhu15 : 04-12-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:02 PM
qajito485

Default hi

Rip he was a great person..