Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Totally Rad Show

Old 07-26-2012, 07:02 PM
bubba-mudd

Default What I'm Backing on Kickstarter...

I thought it'd be a good idea to start a thread sharing what we are backing on Kickstarter. The last project I backed failed to get funded so I'm hoping by spreading the word this one will be successful. I'm sure others on here are backing projects that the TRS community would find worthwhile.

I'm backing Defense Grid 2 (http://kck.st/NeSvwV). Not only do you get Defense Grid 2 (whether or not it is funded through Kickstarter - it just may take longer) you also receive a Steam code for the original Defense Grid right away! If you like tower defense games I think you'll really enjoy this.

Quote:
Pledge $15 or more

1595 Backers

First, you get a Steam code for a free copy of the original Defense Grid (PC) game immediately: as soon as we know you are a backer, even before funding closes. Then in December (we estimate), you'll get a digital copy of DG:Containment, and after that you'll get any new DG content funded from this Kickstarter when development is complete – you’ll also get DG2 – either funded directly from this Kickstarter or later when we are able to release it ourselves. We'll also create a new private forum for backers that you can join.

Est. delivery: Dec 2012

Last edited by bubba-mudd : 07-26-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:54 PM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

Pebble. Can't wait for it to arrive.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:42 AM
darth-ed

I backed the Elevation Dock (for my iPhone). It took a year for it to be delivered, but it's really quite nice.

I also backed the Double Fine Adventure and Republique video games.

Last edited by darth-ed : 07-29-2012 at 02:44 AM.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:58 AM
stubadub
Elite Member

So far I've backed the following:

PadPivot - stand to balance your iPad or other tablet on your leg for one handed operation. Love it
The Provider - Comic done by Amtrekker.
MORE/REAL Stylus Cap - a pen cap for your favorite ink pen with a stylus attached. Poor performance. Only outright dissapointment.
WALdok - a low profile speaker dock for your iPod/iPhone roughly the size of a plug in air freshener. It's been just over a year and it's supposedly still coming.
Get Set Go's new album - Saw them on NSFW and decided to buy their entire catalog from them via Kickstarter.
Flapjacks and Sasquatches - great family friendly dice and card game. My wife, six year old son and I all love this game quite a bit.
Idle Thumbs Podcast - just wanted to throw them some support. Love that podcast.
reMIND vol 2. - great looking sci-fi comic. Really liked the art style so I decided to grab both volumes in the box set. This one is still active.

I was very close to backing the Pebble, the Elevation Dock, Republique and I thought I had backed the Double Fine project before realizing the funding period was over and I was on crack.

Last edited by stubadub : 07-29-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:08 PM
bubba-mudd

Interesting Wired article on Kickstarter successes being "too" successful. http://www.wired.com/design/2012/07/...2&viewall=true
Old 07-31-2012, 03:19 AM
darth-ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba-mudd View Post
Interesting Wired article on Kickstarter successes being "too" successful. http://www.wired.com/design/2012/07/...2&viewall=true
Interesting article. Thanks for sharing it.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:12 PM
gglynn00

Holy ish, the Oculus looks awesome. I checked it out after the episode today. I hope this takes off...and doesn't make everyone sea sick.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:40 PM
axtimus_prime

Send a message via AIM to axtimus_prime Send a message via Skype™ to axtimus_prime

I agree the oculus looks like something I will definitely buy when it hits retail. Glad it got funded without me because I am just not too keen on donating to get a dev kit =/
Old 08-08-2012, 07:48 PM
bubba-mudd

I just backed this project. I love the concept. It reminds me of Irredeemable.

http://kck.st/N1GbVE

When the caped heroes of the world's safest city inexplicably all turn into homicidal lunatics, no one is safe.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:38 AM
damnedeyez
Elite Member

The Oculus does look interesting...and makes me wonder what the consumer price point will be of the Dev kit is at the $300 level.

I've only gone for 3 things so far...a calendar that was funded, a Role Playing Game documentary that wasn't...and yeah, I chipped in for the Ouya.