Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Computing > Hardware / Gadgets

Old 10-02-2012, 04:41 AM
alexander_cal

Exclamation Best Personal Cloud Storage Device?

Hello,

I would like to know if Tekzilla has done a show on there recommendations for the "Best Personal cloud Storage Device on a budget?"

I am looking to buy a personal cloud storage device but I can't decide on which to buy on a tight budget?

I am looking at the following products:
1) Seagate Free agent goflex home network cloud storage 3-Terabyte $179
2) Western Digital My Book Live Personal cloud 3-Terabyte $199
3) Iomega Home Media network personal cloud 3-Terabyte $222

I am looking for a network storage solution for under $150 or no more than $200

That will work with Windows version XP, Vista, Win-7, Win-8, UNIX, LINUX, Mac Lion, Android, iPhone, iPad, iPod, IOS6, Nextel, Smartphones and Tablets. Would also like it to work with Smart TV's, Xbox, playstation, and Google TV. DLNA compatible.

Basically I would like to store files, docs, programs, applications, movies, videos, pictures, and maybe host a webpage on the personal cloud storage device.
I would also like the device to have built in security features where it will not change the
permission settings of the files which will be uploaded to the device.

I would like to access the device via the internet with a web browser and not have to install any additional software. I also would like my friends and family to be able to access files, picture and videos from my personal cloud storage device.

Also the Fastest Personal cloud storage device of the following listed above?

Can you recommend a personal cloud storage device for me?

Also if you know of a show which was on the air discussing these personal cloud storage devices, can you posts the link to the show?

Thanks in advance, Alexander
Old 10-06-2012, 09:21 AM
justpeon

Consider getting a mini or pico itx setup and install freemas. The reason why I say that is most turnkey systems are obsoleted once a newer model comes out. Good luck getting support then . Freenas has been around a while and is not going anywhere anytime soon I hope.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:28 PM
justpeon

What I suggested is for local cloud storage. Personally, I do not use the cloud for storage as there are too many issues still to work out. Like the old west out there on the internet right now. Besides I do not want my data held hostage by government zealots.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:23 PM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpeon View Post
What I suggested is for local cloud storage. Personally, I do not use the cloud for storage as there are too many issues still to work out. Like the old west out there on the internet right now. Besides I do not want my data held hostage by government zealots.
Find a server outseide the US ... Canada has good data security laws with no "Data extradition" to the US.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:26 PM
sabahm

I will personally recommend to look for an online cloud storage option like Dropbox or SugarSync. It would be much easier to user and collaborate with your friends, and colleagues.