Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Tekzilla

Old 10-24-2012, 04:26 PM
replica9000

Default Online Purchases VS Physical Purchases

I still prefer to buy CDs. Once in a while I will buy music online. The thing I hate about this is most music is sold as lossy MP3s. And because so much music is sold online, physical stores have less of a selection in stock. Sure I could buy the CD online, but I'm impatient and rather drive somewhere and have it now! Plus it would be supporting my local business. Maybe the physical stores could sell lossless copies of the album?? Also, I hate bonus tracks exclusive to [insert your business here]!
[ XBMC: Fractal Node 605 / Phenom II X4 BE @ 3000mhz / DDR3-1333 4x2GB / GeForce GTS 450 / Samsung UN46B8000XFXZA ]
Google and Wikipedia are your friends!
Old 10-24-2012, 04:46 PM
tokenuser
Cranky Old Mod

Can't think of the last time I bought music online.
I like a physical disc as well.
I'll generally rip to my harddrive and put it on my iPod classic (80GB HDD) that I use as a jukebox in the car. I could just put purchased digital music there, but physical media is nice to have.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:04 PM
replica9000

Some people think it's silly because I buy the disc, rip it to my HDD, and stash it away never to be seen again. I bought an iPod for use with my car stereo. Been doing this for years up until recently. Finally just decided to buy an external HDD and attach that to my car stereo. Much more simple to manage.
[ XBMC: Fractal Node 605 / Phenom II X4 BE @ 3000mhz / DDR3-1333 4x2GB / GeForce GTS 450 / Samsung UN46B8000XFXZA ]
Google and Wikipedia are your friends!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:29 AM
lancep2012

For me Software DVD or USB Key as much as possible; Music ITunes, DVD, Blu-ray or Audio-CD; Movies and TV shows Hulu (mostly TV shows), Blu-ray/DVD (store buy or Blockbuster rent), or Itunes (NO Netficks and Red Box tried them and hated them).
Old 11-15-2012, 07:20 PM
thegreatone

And most of the time, physical media is cheaper than download.
But they shouldn't be. Online supposed to be cheaper, there's viturally no overhead, except for the server. But do don't have to pay employers, you have no warehouse, there's no booklets or case.
And the movies, you don't even get the extras and bonus stuff.