Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Totally Rad Show

Old 11-07-2012, 12:16 PM
jtv

Default Fringe: The End

I know there used to be a Fringe thread but I went through the first 5 or so pages of the board and couldn't find it.

*****SPOILERS IF YOU'RE NOT CAUGHT UP WITH FRINGE******

So the title of the last episode was "An Origin Story". And I've got not one, but two crazy theories about why.

1. What if Peter's actions somehow caused the creation of the Observers? Either he's the first one, or his son will be. What son? Well I can totally see the series ending on him and Olivia having another kid, and that kid is the first Observer. That would be one hell of a last shot of the series. What about the Observer kid from season 1 (2? I forget) you ask. Well that's him, when he hits puberty his time travel powers kick in, but since he's the first he doesn't know how to control them and goes back in time to when the Fringe team found him.

and

2. What if Peter somehow becomes September because of what he did? That would explain why September was so helpful to the Fringe team, and why he was always there to save Peter's life.

Either of these ideas would seem crazy on any other show, but they fit in perfectly with Fringe imo
Old 11-08-2012, 03:36 AM
areon

I don't see your 2nd theory that much. (I do agree there is more to the 'Origin Story' episode!)
The first one I could get behind. I am really enjoying the place that we're at in season 5, but it feels some what disconnected to the previous 4 seasons in a way. Hope they do tie in more, Maybe something with the ZFT manual and see William Bell again would help !
Old 11-08-2012, 02:21 PM
jtv

Quote:
Originally Posted by areon View Post
it feels some what disconnected to the previous 4 seasons in a way.
I agree, but you gotta admit when they used the old Fringe cases' evidence as weapons that was pretty brilliant.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:54 PM
areon

Yea, I liked them doin that it wasfun! And especially Walter keeping everything in a room below the lab.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:28 PM
damnedeyez
Elite Member

...but the observers are from a distant future...so perhaps a distant relative, but that would explain September's fascination with them.

Besides, Peter's special with the machine, and Olivia's special with the...whatever the stuff was called...so I was surprised their daughter didn't seem more special than they portrayed her (unless she can withstand a bomb and come back to life)
Old 11-09-2012, 12:17 PM
jtv

Hey, I said the theories were crazy. I highly doubt either of them will be true.

I was just thinking about the episode after watching it and those are the two ideas that came to mind.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:24 PM
damnedeyez
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtv View Post
Hey, I said the theories were crazy. I highly doubt either of them will be true.

I was just thinking about the episode after watching it and those are the two ideas that came to mind.
They weren't that crazy...I could see it being Peter and Olivia who unknowingly lead to the observers down the line, although why would they have ordered September to get rid of Peter's traces? (Unless him being a root wasn't known to any of the observers other than September, explaining his not following that order.)

That's one of the things I like about this show...anything could seemingly be possible...hell, the observers could be from another universe/timeline where what you postulated was true.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:22 PM
satori
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnedeyez View Post
the observers could be from another universe/timeline where what you postulated was true.
What I've been thinking for most of this season. It'd be the best way to not have to worry about temporal issues. Hence the splitting of universes being at the start of the entire story line. I wonder if we won't see that the observers are actually from Walternates universe.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:21 PM
damnedeyez
Elite Member

I'm wondering if they're going to find a way to short out or at least temporarily disrupt/deactivate the devices and either it'll harm Peter or they won't be able to use it because it would.

Seems like the best idea of dealing with them...making something EMP-like or some sort of field that would render it neutral, if they had another one to study.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:44 PM
satori
Elite Member

That sounds entirely plausible.