Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Totally Rad Show

Old 11-19-2012, 03:16 PM
a63

Default So Long, and Thanks for All the Rad

in light of the latest episode, just wanted to create a thanks thread,
for the guys. who over the 6 years have provided so much and asked so little.

sad to see the show go, wish you all the best
Old 11-19-2012, 03:24 PM
ryan79

Send a message via Yahoo to ryan79

I was pretty shocked when the guys said the show was ending. I'm not going to say I've been with them from episode one, but it was close to it. Watching the daily episodes was as much a part of my daily routine as drinking coffee. I could ramble on about how I feel like I've grown up with the show and how I feel like I almost know the guys, but I won't. What I will say is that I'll truly miss the show and I'm sad to see it end. It's the end of an era and I appreciate everything that what put into it. However, I'm pretty confident that we'll be seeing all the guys again, doing different things.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:29 PM
damnedeyez
Elite Member

...it made me realize I still have episodes from year 3 I haven't gone back to watch...it'll be missed but it was a good run.

Thanks guys.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:49 PM
slimbilly

Default TRS ending?

When and why did that happened? Did I miss something? I haven't watched the life of pi ep yet. Is it mentioned there?

bit of a bummer on an already long Monday.

I will miss the show. I hope you guys keep doing stuff that we can watch.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:04 PM
nightbender

Send a message via AIM to nightbender Send a message via Skype™ to nightbender

Though I imagined it was inevitable, I didn't quite imagine the end would be so soon. Sad to see the show end, excited for what lies ahead for all of you!

I've been an avid TRS viewer since episode 7. It has kept me entertained during lonely breaks between classes at college in the beginning, to being part of lively discussions with friends and a crucial component of everyday lunch breaks towards the end.

Thanks for being an important aspect of many of our lives. And though I am sure it is strange for strangers to consider you friends, I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that it is true to an extent.

Best of luck with all of your future endeavors, guys! Please find new ways to continue being a part of our lives.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:26 PM
bubba-mudd

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimbilly View Post
When and why did that happened? Did I miss something? I haven't watched the life of pi ep yet. Is it mentioned there?

bit of a bummer on an already long Monday.

I will miss the show. I hope you guys keep doing stuff that we can watch.
I'm wondering the same. It seems all so sudden. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely thankful to all 4 guys for the show, but I'm mad, too, that it is ending. I haven't finished today's episode but they didn't really say why they are ending it. I assume it's a money/time thing.

I'm just shocked and saddened (and pissed to be honest).

However, good luck you guys. I'm wishing you all the best.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:34 PM
greenhat

I didn't grow up watching this show; I'm one of the older viewers, I suppose. I found the show during a rough patch of my life, and it became a welcome constant as I went through some tough adjustments and cross-country moves. I was always drawn by how accessible the show is, and will miss it. I can't imagine these guys will vanish completely, so I'm curious what they have coming up next. I hope they let us know soon.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:58 PM
satori
Elite Member

Been watching since the guys started on Geekdrome, I will miss the podcast and this community. I haven't been as active on here as I'd like, but I will miss seeing all of you.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:06 PM
darth-ed

Noooooooooooooooo!!!

OMG, I just love this show so much. Thanks, Jeff, Dan, Alex, Steve, and Mikey for bringing so much rad into my life.

I guess it was inevitable once Dan's career started to take off, but I'd hoped the show would continue in some form or another if one or more hosts had to leave.

I started somewhere in the episode 20s. I basically came over from Diggnation; Alex mentioned his other show, so I thought I'd check it out. I loved it from the first episode I watched and soon went back and watched all of the episodes I'd missed.

I loved the intros, especially, and I still miss them. The intro that spoofed The Last Dragon is my all-time favorite, but the Raiders of the Lost Ark intro from the very first episode is also one of my favorites. Bought the DVDs as soon as they were offered. I bought at least a couple TRS T-shirts.

"Dan Becomes an Englishman" still ranks as the funniest thing I have ever seen on the Internets. I rewatch it whenever I need a good laugh. I think I'll watch it right now.

Unlike so many complainers, I loved the switch to the daily format. It just seemed we were getting more rad, not less. I was glad when they replaced "This Day in Rad History" with Twitter Questions. I'd like to think that was in response to a suggestion I posted to the forums at some point.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:12 PM
rokov
Elite Member

Thanks for 5+ years of a great show, guys.
I was kind of shocked when you said that the show started in March of '07, it feels like it's been a lot longer ... not in a bad, I'm tired of it kind of way, but in a it's hard to remember before there was a TRS kind of way. It just feels like the show has always been there. Then again, I'm old so that might be part of it. lol
I'm looking forward to seeing what you all do next.