Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > HD Nation

Old 11-03-2009, 06:19 PM
marilee
Revision3 Creative Director

Default Episode 17 - Netflix on the PS3! Best Streaming HD: Vudu HD on LG BD-390 Blu-Ray! Robert's Top 10 HDTV Buying Tips! [Discussion]

Netflix Sttraming on the PS3... Disc Required! Patrick's Top 5 Random Blu-Ray Picks, Stream Vudu HD Movies through LG's BD-390 Blu-Ray Player, Roku rolls out new HD streaming box with networking, Robert's Top 10 HDTV Shopping Tips! And the Blu-Ray releases for November 3rd, 2009.

Watch or download this episode now
Old 11-04-2009, 01:14 AM
treythalomew

Great episode. I have but one suggestion to make about the show in general. I loved the audio episode and I think it would be cool to have more specific shows along with the regular format shows. It was great to learn some things that I didn't know about my surround sound audio set up.

Also I'd like to know what the guys think about the new Zune marketplace on the Xbox 360. I downloaded an episode of a show and was surprised to see that it ran in 1080p with only a couple minor issues.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:37 PM
touchmypenguinagain

Default HD Booby streaming on the LG BD390 Bluray player

No one else seems to have picked up on this...he said "added the ability to stream high def boobies from vudu". Awesome new feature imo.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:17 PM
davmoo
Elite Member

"Speed Racer" does have awesome digital effects. Too bad the whole rest of the movie sucks so badly.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:01 PM
kato

I was little confused about Patrick's Western list. Maybe my definitions of Western movies differs to others, but I instantly think of the Old West. Movies like Good Bad and the Ugly, Unforgiven etc..
Old 11-04-2009, 11:35 PM
davmoo
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato View Post
I was little confused about Patrick's Western list. Maybe my definitions of Western movies differs to others, but I instantly think of the Old West. Movies like Good Bad and the Ugly, Unforgiven etc..
That's because it ended up not being a Westerns list. Because of a lack of great westerns on Blu-Ray, and as he stated in the show, Patrick decided to make it a "Patrick's top 5 Favorite Blu-Ray Movies" list.

Last edited by davmoo : 11-04-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:55 AM
bigron18

Default Netflix streaming on PS3

After watching this episode, I went to Netflix and told them I wanted them to ship me the disc to stream to my PS3 upon availability. I just now read that the disc they will be sending is actually a Blu-Ray disc that uses BD-Live to stream the content. Patrick apparently did not have much info on this at shoot time, but this makes a lot more sense why I'll have to have the disc in the player to stream.