Revision3.com Shows Schedule Inside Revision3 Store

Go Back   Revision3 Forums > Shows > Pilot Shows

Old 07-06-2010, 08:35 PM
zminor
Little Giant

Default The Best Damn Nerd Show LIVE Special!

We're only a few hours away from the Best Damn Nerd Show Live Special! The stream will go live at 7 PM EST/4 PM PST at http://revision3.com/bestdamnnerdshow.

Let us know what you think of the show - like it? LOVE it? Have any suggestions or potential topics for the guys to talk about? We can't wait to hear what you think.

Thanks!
Old 07-06-2010, 08:41 PM
amon91

Send a message via MSN to amon91

Wow, sounds really interesting, but won't it overlap with TRS and other shows a little bit? Either way I can't wait, live shows always get me excited.

All I hope is it doesn't end up like DealsFTW. Even if it overlaps with other shows in some areas it can be quite an accomplishment if well done.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:49 PM
boldfire
Elite Member

Seems like this is an existing audio podcast for those who want to get a feel of it before hand : http://bestdamnnerdshow.com/
Old 07-06-2010, 11:23 PM
valfyre

Thumbs down

Just watched about 10minutes of the stream, and already I have to say this is the first time Rev3 has disappointed me. This is basically a really weak reproduction of TRS or CO-OP, but with hosts that aren't at all charismatic or even very well spoken to be honest.

It appears to be poking fun at its own audience by having some of the most stereotypical and awkward "nerds" they could find as the hosts. It just doesn't sit well with me considering how many similar, and much better, Rev3 shows we already have in this space.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:49 PM
boldfire
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valfyre View Post
Just watched about 10minutes of the stream, and already I have to say this is the first time Rev3 has disappointed me. This is basically a really weak reproduction of TRS or CO-OP, but with hosts that aren't at all charismatic or even very well spoken to be honest.

It appears to be poking fun at its own audience by having some of the most stereotypical and awkward "nerds" they could find as the hosts. It just doesn't sit well with me considering how many similar, and much better, Rev3 shows we already have in this space.
I hate to be negative, but I agree. It was awkward and uncomfortable to sit through, I stopped after 20 minutes.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:57 PM
treythalomew

Thumbs down

I was getting ready to come here to talk about how just pointless the show was for me and then they ended with a "funny" segment about Annie. Why is a show about "nerds" involve a fake stalker cam segment? I'll watch again just to give it another shot but I hope it doesn't end with another female stalking.

The fact that they are using the CO-OP live set really shows how bad this show is compared to that. If they really want to replace a live show with something at least make it half as decent as CO-OP. Although between TRS, ByteJacker, and the Game Show I don't know where this show is suppose to fit in the Revision3 lineup.

It felt like the 4 guys talking at the end about their favorite Star Wars game was just on the spot with no thought put into it beforehand. Nobody could really defend why they thought theirs was the best without just making a snap comment about the other games.

Overall though I can't fault Revision3 for trying but I think regular ByteJacker, TRS, and The Game Show viewers will be disappointed in this.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:00 AM
eddieh

I have nothing more to add than what said above to I do agree tl the negative feedback that have been said. I did tune out within moments of watching and when I did come back the same happened again.

I do hope that this show doesn't replace any other show in the current state that its in. There is loads of room in improvement but even if it did happen I'm not that keen to watch it after seeing it live.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:02 AM
trojanman

Default Potential

I gotta say it was pretty hot for a first episode.

Anyone who has ever seen a pilot for any successful show knows that it takes everything a good handful of episodes for a show to settle in and reach its potential.
I think this shows a lot of promise!

Good stuff.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:11 AM
owalters

Smile harsh??

I just want to say it's a little unfair to compare this show that is on it's first episode to the tons of other shows on this site that have been shooting much longer. One episode is not enough time to judge a show...give it time, they will get more comfortable in front of the camera and their show will develop. I liked the show because nothing was really forced...(ok, except for the whole alcohol thing LOL I'll admit that was pretty awkward) it flowed pretty naturally, it wasn't scripted and they weren't trying too hard to make people laugh. Maybe the topic is covered by rev3 too much but that's rev3's problem not BDNS.

The people who aren't happy with the show need to realize shooting something like this isn't easy...it's live and improvised. If you think you could do better than get your own show and let us all know how it goes for you. I, for one, would be petrified to go live on camera and talk about anything even if I know everything there is to know about the subject. Even if I thought about forever what I was going to say, I'd probably just sit there like a deer in headlights lol. Yeah the show wasn't perfect but tearing it apart right off the bat is a bit harsh.

I don't have much else to say besides good job nerds and hope rev3 has you back for more episodes. I hope the negative comments don't discourage you guys just keep doing what you're doing.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:21 PM
salafihawk

Default Thoughts on new show

I really enjoy the new show except the alcohol gig and the bad language but we must embrace our inner nerd